• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

10/17 GDT : Red Wings 4 at Avalanche 2

Rate this topic

I miss the rivalry. Big part of my childhood.

Mackinnon was talking about watching clips of those classic games on YouTube. It made me feel old. :unhappy:

LGW

Haha, I read that too and thought the exact same thing. For a while I was an assistant professor at Central Michigan, and trying to relate to the 18 year old freshman was an exercise in futility. Pretty much the exact same thing going on here.

LGW!!!!

Hand the Avs there first loss.

I don't think Roy will go crazy tonight, he knows Babcock could clean the ice with him.

$10 on Babs if there is a showdown.

I wonder if Babs ever fought when he played minors, or if he'd just healthy scratch anyone he didn't like.

I miss the rivalry. Big part of my childhood.

Mackinnon was talking about watching clips of those classic games on YouTube. It made me feel old. :unhappy:

LGW

Childhood? Now you make me feel old. It was a big part of my middleagedhood.

Go Wings. Crush Roy.

Little more insight

http://www.kansascity.com/2013/10/17/4558298/detroit-red-wings-5-2-0-at-colorado.html

""It's not something I'm looking at. To be truthful, I'm not really excited about the record. I'm excited about how our team is winning, and any problems we can fix on Thursday (against Detroit)," Roy said.

Tremblay took over head coaching duties for the Montreal Canadiens six games into the 1995-96 campaign and won his first six contests. His No. 1 goaltender to begin his tenure with the Habs was Roy, though the two had a strained relationship.

It came to a head on Dec. 2, 1995, when Tremblay left Roy in net for nine goals in an 11-1 loss to the Red Wings. Roy was finally pulled in the second period and stormed past Tremblay on the bench. He was traded to Colorado four days after the incident and won a pair of Stanley Cups with the Avalanche.

Now Roy will get a chance to match Tremblay's mark against those same Red Wings, long a rival of the Avalanche. Detroit won all three meetings last season and has won seven of the previous 10 encounters overall."

I'll be at this one. Excited!

There are 10 in our group going (5 Wing fans, 5 Av fans), so it will be fun. I hope the Wings handily beat the Avs. I won't even feel too bad if the youngest of our group (Av fan, age 6) cries a little bit like he did when we beat them last year. I'm not heartless, just loyal.

Go Wings!