• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Guest Crymson

Kronwall Injury Update

Rate this topic

I didn't read your whole post, didn't need to. Regardless if Kronner turned or not he was still getting hit from behind. Blindsided hits are dirty hits. McLeod saw the numbers the entire time and never let up

At least read the last line.

It was a dirty hit. It's exactly the sort of hit The Powers That Be want out of the game.

What I really dislike about it is he doesn't let up, follows through with and finishes his check. He had short notice, yes, but he had enough time to stop himself from driving Kronwall('s head) into the boards with force.

@HeleneStJames: Red Wings D Niklas Kronwall says he feels great, hopes to be back within a week, needs clearance from doctors because of concussion.

@AnsarKhanMLive: Kronwall said he's feeling good. Not sure when he'll be cleared. Doesn't believe it was dirty hit by McLeod. Blamed himself for bad position

@HeleneStJames: First thing #RedWings D Niklas Kronwall did after being taken off on stretcher: Text his mom back in Stockholm to tell her he was OK.

@iamtrevort: Kronwall also said Cody McLeod reached out to him after the game and he appreciates that and add, "we're good."

While I don't know him personally, I'm going to go out on a limb and say that Nik Kronwall is a Good Man .

Edited by BottleOfSmoke

@HeleneStJames: Red Wings D Niklas Kronwall says he feels great, hopes to be back within a week, needs clearance from doctors because of concussion.

@AnsarKhanMLive: Kronwall said he's feeling good. Not sure when he'll be cleared. Doesn't believe it was dirty hit by McLeod. Blamed himself for bad position

@HeleneStJames: First thing #RedWings D Niklas Kronwall did after being taken off on stretcher: Text his mom back in Stockholm to tell her he was OK.

While I don't know him personally, I'm going to go out on a limb and say that Nik Kronwall is a Good Man .

Great to hear! Made my day.

McCleod was going to make that hit no matter what. All he cared about was taking Kronner out, he had zero intention of playing the puck. The whole reason the league is going to hybrid icing is to cut down on those type of plays happening. Wasn't a smart hockey play. He'll get 5 to send a message.

Kronwall and Z's take on the hit:

But Kronwall exonerated McLeod, blaming himself for the result.

“I shouldn’t put myself in that situation,’’ Kronwall said. “I know he’s a forechecker, he’s one of their more physical guys, (but) he’s just trying to do his job and I put both of us in a bad spot.’’

Kronwall went back to retrieve the puck in the corner when a hard-charging McLeod drove his head into the glass. Kronwall said he turned the wrong way.

“For some reason I thought he was closer to me than he was. I almost turned night into him,’’ Kronwall said. “But that’s already history. I’m feeling pretty good and looking forward to getting back on the ice with the guys.’’

McLeod apologized to Kronwall during the first intermission.

“I told him I shouldn’t have put myself and both of us in that spot, either,’’ Kronwall said. “I’m happy he reached out and I’ve got no hard feelings.’’

Red Wings captain Henrik Zetterberg called it a borderline legal play.

"(McLeod) comes with a lot of speed and hits him straight in the numbers,'' Zetterberg said. "I don't think he meant to do it, but it happens. A lot of those hits have been coming lately and that's something we have to get rid of in the game.''

http://www.mlive.com/redwings/index.ssf/2013/10/red_wings_niklas_kronwall_feel_2.html

Guest Crymson

One thing is for sure: Tootoo being on the ice didn't stop McLeod from doing this.

One thing is for sure: Tootoo being on the ice didn't stop McLeod from doing this.

How could he possibly, even if he was on the ice, is he supposed to shadow McLeod? Most enforcer's will send a message after hits like this because if you dont, then your stars are considered fair game by the other team. They will try and take advantage. I guess that is why Miller felt he had to fight Sarich later, because Avs were starting to take liberties.

This further solidifies my belief that Kronner is as classy as they come. Take notes, Dustin Penner:

"One tweet in particular from Penner (below) attached a video clip to emphasize referees Greg Kimmerly and Tim Peel missed the call:

@Dustinpenner25: To whom it may concern.....black&white vertical stripes.Orange horizontal stripe) Might of been 2 min minor?? http://t.co/JKxL0I8PPi

Penner says the tweet was sent to embarrass the people on Twitter who assessed the hit as clean. Furthermore, Penner says players want NHL officials held accountable and the use of social media might help deliver that message."

Not the time or manner in which to grandstand, IMO.

Edit: source is this tweet by Dreger:

@DarrenDreger: Dustin Penner sounds off after getting crushed last night, plus, some trade speculation in todays Dreger Report. http://t.co/5UhWAGx48Q

Edited by BottleOfSmoke

This further solidifies my belief that Kronner is as classy as they come. Take notes, Dustin Penner:

"One tweet in particular from Penner (below) attached a video clip to emphasize referees Greg Kimmerly and Tim Peel missed the call:

@Dustinpenner25: To whom it may concern.....black&white vertical stripes.Orange horizontal stripe) Might of been 2 min minor?? http://t.co/JKxL0I8PPi

Penner says the tweet was sent to embarrass the people on Twitter who assessed the hit as clean. Furthermore, Penner says players want NHL officials held accountable and the use of social media might help deliver that message."

Not the time or manner in which to grandstand, IMO.

Edit: source is this tweet by Dreger:

@DarrenDreger: Dustin Penner sounds off after getting crushed last night, plus, some trade speculation in todays Dreger Report. http://t.co/5UhWAGx48Q

I can understand Penner's frustration. There was no penalty on the play and it's very clearly a headshot. Penner had the puck at the time so you'd think the refs were looking his direction.

Still, not really the best forum for venting. Pancakes is generally pretty funny on twitter though. He needs to work on his game as hard as he does his tweets.