• Please log in to reply
73 replies to this topic

#21 nosyt612

nosyt612

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 212 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 01:26 AM

I say 3 games, like it or not Kronwall turned pretty late and he acknowledged this himself but McCleod still has to be responsible for hitting players in the numbers. As far as I know he hasn't been suspended before so I wouldn't expect the book to be thrown at him.

#22 thegerkin

thegerkin

Statue of Liberty!!!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,541 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 02:02 AM

This is NOT the LTIR injury I want.  I want someone to stub their toe or get dandruff.

This team has a roster full of sweet 'dos. That wish is just asking for trouble :)

#23 matthewdanna

matthewdanna

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 243 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 02:06 AM

I say 3 games, like it or not Kronwall turned pretty late and he acknowledged this himself but McCleod still has to be responsible for hitting players in the numbers. As far as I know he hasn't been suspended before so I wouldn't expect the book to be thrown at him.

I think during the game one of the announcers said McCleod was suspended a year or two ago

#24 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,345 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 05:04 AM

I did like big rig giving McLeod the rock bottom after that hit though.

Here is my argument for the hot, McLeod followed Kronner from center ice see his numbers the entire time, and sure he might have turned late, but from where his head was McLeod was hitting him in the head regardless of Kronner moving or not.
I'm a Red Wing for the next three years and I'm going to make sure every team we play knows that.'' -- Jordin Tootoo

#25 Hockeymom1960

Hockeymom1960

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,799 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 07:29 AM

I did like big rig giving McLeod the rock bottom after that hit though.

Here is my argument for the hot, McLeod followed Kronner from center ice see his numbers the entire time, and sure he might have turned late, but from where his head was McLeod was hitting him in the head regardless of Kronner moving or not.

McLeod was far enough away to see how low Kronner was and could of let up but he didn't.

#26 marcaractac

marcaractac

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,997 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 07:30 AM

In person hearing for McLeod. Probably looking at 5+

#27 F.Michael

F.Michael

Old School Dynamic Duo

• HoF Booster
  • 7,336 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 07:35 AM

I love how Kronners is such a humble guy, just like the great Red Wings leaders before him. Instead of crying about the hit like a guy like Crosby would, Kronners admits that he put himself in the bad position. Great to hear he is doing okay because we cannot afford to lose him too long. 

I only hope the DoPS  (or quite possibly the dopes in this case) don't think 'hey - Kronwall is okay - he even said he put himself in harms way - umm - no suspension for McLeod'.

'Evolution' created by Offsides

#28 Smite

Smite

Rookie

• Pip
  • 158 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 07:45 AM

In person hearing for McLeod. Probably looking at 5+

is that your opinion or do you have a source for the in person part?

"When the cast comes off, I ask my doctor, 'Have I recovered so I can play the violin?' The doctor says, 'But of course you can play the violin.' I say, 'Wow, this is great. Before this injury, I could never play violin at all. I must break the other hand so I can play guitar.'" –Pavel Datsuk on breaking his hand

#29 F.Michael

F.Michael

Old School Dynamic Duo

• HoF Booster
  • 7,336 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 08:07 AM

Well guys, you got your wish.  An injury to open up cap space and a roster spot.

I hope you're all ****ing happy now.

I'm dancing with joy...So happy to see our #1 Dman go down to injury.

{note - heavy sarcasm}

'Evolution' created by Offsides

#30 Wings_Dynasty

Wings_Dynasty

The Greatest Ever

• HoF Booster
  • 3,772 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 08:08 AM

I'm going with 5 games. 

Also, big props to Ericsson for not hesitating to grab that piece of chit and get him to the ice. That hit will be remembered for the next game. Hopefully Tootoo will get to McLeod first next game. 

"I think a tough team, a team that sticks together, is a lot better than leaving the onus on one guy to take care of business." - Brendan Shanahan

It still would be nice to have that one guy. (Jordin Tootoo, wish granted)

#31 amato

amato

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,526 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 08:09 AM

"@RealKyper: #Avalanche Cody McLeod has earned an in-person hearing with the #NHL for his hit on #Redwings Nik Kronwall. Date TBD."

Datsyukian

Dat·syu·ki·an [dat-soo-kee-uh n]

adjective

1. When your moves are so amazing and beyond reason, the only way to describe them is "datsyukian."

#32 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,345 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 08:14 AM

McLeod was far enough away to see how low Kronner was and could of let up but he didn't.

Exactly
I'm a Red Wing for the next three years and I'm going to make sure every team we play knows that.'' -- Jordin Tootoo

#33 marcaractac

marcaractac

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,997 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 08:18 AM

Caught it on twitter

#34 Phil Lesh

Phil Lesh

Silver apples in the sun.

• PipPip
  • 268 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 08:18 AM

http://www.nhl.com/i...id=nhl:topheads

Looking at five or ore games.

#35 legaleaglewingsfan

legaleaglewingsfan

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 209 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 08:22 AM

This is the disrespectful clown from the last time we met in the playoffs. I believe we remember this http://www.youtube.c...h?v=KMUo8EDcpyE

I think its about time that we have Mr. Tootoo pencil Mr. McLeod in for a clock cleaning in Detroit on March 6th. Maybe invite a full house to witness it too.

Edited by legaleaglewingsfan, 18 October 2013 - 08:23 AM.

#36 NeverForgetMac25

NeverForgetMac25

Kate: Jr. Wing Nut

• Gold Booster Mod
  • 18,184 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 09:44 AM

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=xONsa4xGAzQ

wow what a big d-bag this announcer is.

Seriously...what a d*uche.  Kronwall's M.O. is lining people up coming out of their own zone.  This was running someone from behind into the boards.  Completely different.....what a jackass.

It's amazing how much clarity comes when you care more about the Red Wings than any individual player.

"They are the best team in the world. They are a team that can just take over when they want to," Chicago's Patrick Kane said (of the Detroit Red Wings).

#37 rick zombo

rick zombo

Grit

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,546 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 09:48 AM

This is the disrespectful clown from the last time we met in the playoffs. I believe we remember this http://www.youtube.c...h?v=KMUo8EDcpyE

I think its about time that we have Mr. Tootoo pencil Mr. McLeod in for a clock cleaning in Detroit on March 6th. Maybe invite a full house to witness it too.

The house will be full.

#5's going up.

"In Detroit, every day is a good day to win"

#38 Red Wings Addict

Red Wings Addict

This is how I watch Wings games

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,749 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 09:59 AM

The house will be full.

#5's going up.

Very true.  For that and the Winter Classic I'll probably have to depend on ticket scalpers.  Or StubHub.  Meh, six of one, right?

#39 T.Low

T.Low

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,799 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 10:10 AM

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=xONsa4xGAzQ

wow what a big d-bag this announcer is.

I had to listen to that ****** bag last night on Center ice. He changed his tune right away, sounded like his producer got in his ear and told him what a moron he was.

And before that I perused HF boards Colorado to learn a little more about the team ( as if) All they did was trash the city of Detroit.

Pure class on both fronts.

Well guys, you got your wish.  An injury to open up cap space and a roster spot.

I hope you're all ****ing happy now.

It's pretty early in the season, but you've got a good chance for stupid post of the year.

#40 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 10:23 AM

Seriously...what a d*uche.  Kronwall's M.O. is lining people up coming out of their own zone.  This was running someone from behind into the boards.  Completely different.....what a jackass.

To be fair, his tune changed when it became clear that Kronwall was hurt. However, as somebody who lives in Denver I can tell you that he's nearly unbearable to listen to on an even semi-regular basis. He's basically a less entertaining, less intelligent version of Jack Edwards.

I had to listen to that ****** bag last night on Center ice. He changed his tune right away, sounded like his producer got in his ear and told him what a moron he was.

And before that I perused HF boards Colorado to learn a little more about the team ( as if) All they did was trash the city of Detroit.

To be fair, HF is HF, and the average Avalanche fans are (aside from "Red Wings suck" chants) not that bad. I've been to many games at the Pepsi Center, and I've never been accosted or messed with. Coincidentally, the Wings have also won every single game I've gone to. I wish I'd gone last night.

Edited by Crymson, 18 October 2013 - 10:23 AM.