• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
wings87

stephen weiss

Rate this topic

Guest Playmaker

This team is loaded with players who play well but can't score. They need someone who can score.

Yeah we definitely need him. Our depth down the middle is pretty bad when we load up Z and D. Honestly our 2nd line looked great tonight, but Helm is ideal as 3rd line C.

At some point when Holland decides to do his job, this is what I'd like to see:

Z-D-Bert

Nyquist-Weiss-Alfie

Franzen-Helm-Tatar

Miller-Glendening-Abdelkader

Yeah we definitely need him. Our depth down the middle is pretty bad when we load up Z and D. Honestly our 2nd line looked great tonight, but Helm is ideal as 3rd line C.

Z-D-Bert

Nyquist-Weiss-Alfie

Franzen-Helm-Tatar

YES THANK YOU. This is ideal. I think its more likely we see Andersson in the 4th line slot but I think Glendening is better suited for the crash and bang of 4th line duty. Then we just need Babs to stop ******* with the lines for a few games to generate some regularity and chemistry.

I did some youtubin of him he seems to have some scoring talent. Problem being we havent seen it thus far this season.

I think part of it has to do with our system. Babs likes to keep guys not named Z and Dats on a leash. Once Weiss gains confidence in his ability to function defensively in our system the scoring will come.

I think part of it has to do with our system. Babs likes to keep guys not named Z and Dats on a leash. Once Weiss gains confidence in his ability to function defensively in our system the scoring will come.

this. Weiss clearly was uncomfortable with our system, both defensively and offensively, and he said as much during interviews. Every game he is looking a bit more comfortable out there, holding onto the puck longer, and making a bigger impact in the game. He's been reinventing his game to fit into Babcock's system, and once that transition is complete, he should be the top 6 player we need him to be.

I think the Wings are really missing Weiss's face off ability especially in the defensive zone. He was really getting comfy in the face offs which helped get puck control right away and not have to chase the puck around. Didn't think I would have said this a month ago but the team misses him, he got hurt just when it felt like he was getting ready to take off. They can't afford to have the injury derail all the progress he made.

Guest mjtm77

by the way he was skating he should be back by the Ottawa game this Saturday I would hope

I think the Wings are really missing Weiss's face off ability especially in the defensive zone. He was really getting comfy in the face offs which helped get puck control right away and not have to chase the puck around. Didn't think I would have said this a month ago but the team misses him, he got hurt just when it felt like he was getting ready to take off. They can't afford to have the injury derail all the progress he made.

For sure, he is getting better and more comfortable each week but this roster has more problems than just Weiss being injured. I am looking forward to his comeback - didn't think I would have said that few weeks ago - his return will help for sure.

All facts aside, TOI, linemates, I dont care, dont bother..

Weiss HAS the talent to be an amazing 2nd line, and even decent 1st line center. Weiss came from spending his entire career with a team that has arguably the worst team, the worst coaching, the worst management, the worst ownership. Now he's been catapulted into arguably one of the best teams, with the best coaching, the best management, and the best ownership. Pressure on? Adjustment necessary? I'd expect so.

Filppula... that little bugger who I still love with every inch of my Red Wing soul... came from one of the best teams, with arguably the best management, ownership, and coaching. Now he's with a lack luster team that emphasizes offense out of its forwards and he's exploded. Big fish in a small pond? Are any of us really that surprised? He's had that level of offensive upside for years. If you told Zetterberg to play the way Lightning skaters play he'd have a load more points too. Would he be a better hockey player because of it? I personally don't think so.

Let's see how things go. I think the lighting's high times will slow soon now that Stamkos is injured and they still have no goalie. We aren't even that far behind and we still can't possibly do worse. No where to go but up!

All facts aside, TOI, linemates, I dont care, dont bother..

Weiss HAS the talent to be an amazing 2nd line, and even decent 1st line center. Weiss came from spending his entire career with a team that has arguably the worst team, the worst coaching, the worst management, the worst ownership. Now he's been catapulted into arguably one of the best teams, with the best coaching, the best management, and the best ownership. Pressure on? Adjustment necessary? I'd expect so.

Filppula... that little bugger who I still love with every inch of my Red Wing soul... came from one of the best teams, with arguably the best management, ownership, and coaching. Now he's with a lack luster team that emphasizes offense out of its forwards and he's exploded. Big fish in a small pond? Are any of us really that surprised? He's had that level of offensive upside for years. If you told Zetterberg to play the way Lightning skaters play he'd have a load more points too. Would he be a better hockey player because of it? I personally don't think so.

Let's see how things go. I think the lighting's high times will slow soon now that Stamkos is injured and they still have no goalie. We aren't even that far behind and we still can't possibly do worse. No where to go but up!

Agreed on all counts.

Z-D-Bert

Nyquist-Weiss-Alfie

Franzen-Helm-Tatar

Would you be ok with trading Andersson? I think it's something we should consider.

Unless Andersson doesnt develop. Move Miller, and play Glendening as a right wing. And That's coming from a Spartan, so you know it's good.

Babcock was talking about this. Not specifically with Miller but he said that he'd move glendening to the wing when helmer got healthy. I'd anticipate down the middle... pasha, Weiss, helmer and andersson. Also, Holland the other night on 97.1 that he'd ideally like to make at least one move but hoping on at least a couple.

I'm not necessarily in favor of moving Andersson. I just feel like space is already tight in the bottom six, and it will probably only get tighter with Sheahan and Ferraro making a push next season. And, re: Glendening moving to the wing, Abdelkader is officially a checker again, and Nyquist might be spending time in the bottom six.

I dunno. I just feel like maybe he could help fetch a decent return. Probably not, though.

I definitely like the idea of Sheahan and Ferraro on the team ASAP, but I wonder how likely the team would be to move Andy. Babs loves him. I guess we'll have to see who is let go out of the veteran players. I'd be interested to see something like:

Z-Dats-Alfie
Mule-Weiss-Nyquist

Tatar-Sheahan/Andy-Abdelkader

Miller-Helm-Glendening/Ferraro

Scratches: Glendening/Ferraro/Andy/Sheahan

This is assuming that guys like Bert, Sammy and Cleary are let go, obviously.

Would you be ok with trading Andersson? I think it's something we should consider.

I'm with you on this. I really like Andersson, he makes a lot of right decisions on the ice. But if the return fits our needs then sure, why not ? We have enough (potential) bottom six players to compensate.