• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
wings87

stephen weiss

Rate this topic

The Cleary discussion has wandered well off track of anything remotely related to the thread topic.

This thread is about Stephen Weiss. If anyone would like to continue their Cleary obsession, start a thread where you can discuss it there.

As for the topic, I think Holland's signings in 2012 were awful, but it's waaaay too early to make any determination about Weiss. He's on a new team and hardly played last season due to injury. I'll give him more than 16 games to figure it out.

Guest mjtm77

Ansar Khan just reported Weiss is injured and won't play tomorrow. No specifics given. Brutal luck, just when Weiss was starting to find a groove.

Nice, just as he was looking good out there. With our luck I bet he's out a while...

its almost 20 games in and he hasnt looked so good thus far , don't get all pissed off at the fans who believed it was a bad signing hen it happened

Why did you think he was a bad signing at the time? I think I can guess based on your user name, but I'd like to hear what your reasons are.

Nice, just as he was looking good out there. With our luck I bet he's out a while...

If that is the case, then Ken Holland will have no choice but to call up Nyqust so really this could be a blessing in disguise for us...

Aflie has played center before so for the time being, he could again.

Z-Pavs-Bert

Nyquist-Alfie-Tatar

Cleary-Anderson-Franzen (if he is better) or Abby

Eaves-Helm- Miller

Edited by wings_fanatic

Guest mjtm77

If that is the case, then Ken Holland will have no choice but to call up Nyqust so really this could be a blessing in disguise for us...

Aflie has played center before so for the time being, he could again.

Z-Pavs-Bert

Nyquist-Alfie-Tatar

Cleary-Anderson-Franzen (if he is better) or Abby

Eaves-Helm- Miller

Knowing the redwings we wont see Nyquist. in the short term our offence looks horrible. Helm the 2nd line center? if so oh no

More likely we see D and Z broken up.

Followed by a Tampa shutout. Yay!

Honestly, I think the last thing that should be done is to break up Z and Dats cause with them together, we at least have 1 line producing. I wish Babcock would have just used Alfredsson-Helm-Tatar as our 2nd line.

Babcock's comments “Someone else is going to learn how to play in the second hole and play well.” Does this statement apply to current situation without Weiss healthy or is he thinking long term? I think the centre isn't the issue on that line. We all agree that Cleary and Franzen have not been contributing and Weiss can't be blamed fully. Not to mention Alfie is really only dominating on the PP.

I can't shake this feeling that Nyquist and Weiss would light it up together. Nyquist back checks and plays D and also does a good job setting guys up too - takes some pressure of Weiss defensively.

Nyquist also has the potential to finish his set ups.

Helm is nyquist without the offensive potential

And Helm is much more physical, gritty.

Also, Nyquist isn't close to as fast as Helm. Even if you strapped a jet pack on his back, a la Wile E. Coyote, he'd still not touch Helm's speed.

So in other words..they're completely different. lol

So in other words..they're completely different. lol

I was referring more to the fact that they are both very fast, hard working, determined, and have enough soul to go around the whole bench. Helm is grittier and faster, Nyquist is more skilled with the puck.

I was referring more to the fact that they are both very fast, hard working, determined, and have enough soul to go around the whole bench. Helm is grittier and faster, Nyquist is more skilled with the puck.

I don't consider Nyquist a "fast" player like that of Helm, Mackinnon, Grabner. He doesn't have close to that top end speed.

What he does have is great "quickness" which is more attributed to great acceleration and quick feet.

Agreed that they do share the other characteristics you mentioned.