• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
SidAbelsSon

McLeod suspended 5 games for hit on Kronwall

Rate this topic

Lapierre got 5 games for his hit.

http://video.nhl.com/videocenter/console?catid=60&id=462673&cmpid=nhl-twt

When you listen to Shanny's explanation, you could almost swap it out for Mcleod's hit on Kronwall.

The only real difference is that Lapierre was suspended before for a similar hit. If the league wants to be consistent at all (I know, I know), it seems like Mcleod will get fewer games. I'd guess three.

Going to be at least 5 or he wouldn't have been given an in person hearing.

Why is the meeting almost a week later? Don't they usually do them before the next game they are supposed to play?

Scheduling maybe? But that is what the interim suspension is for, to make sure he doesn't play in any games before the hearing. So he is for sure getting at least 2 + whatever Shanaban hands him at the meeting.

Going to be at least 5 or he wouldn't have been given an in person hearing.

The in-person hearing means it *could* be five or more.

I believe if the suspension is going to be longer than 5 there HAS to be an in-person hearing, but it doesn't necessarily mean McLeod WILL get 5 or more.

Shanny and crew may ultimately decide that the hit doesn't warrant that long of a suspension.

I think he'll get 5.

Edited by e_prime

Also, Kronwall wasn't off-balance. Though ultimately that might not mean anything.

He wasn't off balance but I meant that there will probably be a similarity in how Shanahan views Kronwall's stop and turn.

Kronwall put himself very low and it contributed to a more violent result but as Shanny mentions in the Lapierre video, that doesn't take away all responsibility from the hitter. If Lapierre didn't hit Boyle illegally, Boyle doesn't smash his face into the dasher even with the stumble. Same with the hit on Kronner. Kronwall may have put himself in a low position that resulted in his head hitting the dasher, but that still wouldn't have happened without the illegal hit from behind by Mcleod.

Rather than let up when he saw Kronwall was vulnerable, this douchbag made damn sure the hit was as absolutely hard as he could make it... It doesn't get any more serious than this but saidly, I don't think Shanny has the stones to go more than 3-5 games.

He wasn't off balance but I meant that there will probably be a similarity in how Shanahan views Kronwall's stop and turn.

Kronwall put himself very low and it contributed to a more violent result but as Shanny mentions in the Lapierre video, that doesn't take away all responsibility from the hitter. If Lapierre didn't hit Boyle illegally, Boyle doesn't smash his face into the dasher even with the stumble. Same with the hit on Kronner. Kronwall may have put himself in a low position that resulted in his head hitting the dasher, but that still wouldn't have happened without the illegal hit from behind by Mcleod.

Agreed. This is on the hitter, not the one being hit - even if he did put himself in a bad spot. Mcleod HAS to let up, and he didn't. I'm sticking with my prediction: six games.

What time is the hearing today, anyone know?

I did a quick search. Some said Monday; others said Tuesday. That doesn't help a lot, I know. Sorry.

The minions are probably greasing the Wheel O Justice and Shanny's nurse is probably dosing out tranquilizers for his video presentation.

I'm confused why they don't announce it or take forever on some of these hearings. I can only logically conclude he's getting multiple games so they are not worried as he misses a few during the interim. I mean, it has been 5 days since the 'incident occurred' and still no time table.

I haven't watched many of the videos recently, is that more detailed than normal? It was a real good explanation for the hit.

I think it's about how most of them have been. Even if people disagree with Shanny's ruling, he gives a clear indication of his reasoning.

Grabner only got 2 games for what I think was a much dirtier hit. But Gerbe wasn't injured. I'd have given Grabner 5 and Mcleod 3. Mcleod's had a very bad result but Grabner's was complete headhunting.

I think it's about how most of them have been. Even if people disagree with Shanny's ruling, he gives a clear indication of his reasoning.

Grabner only got 2 games for what I think was a much dirtier hit. But Gerbe wasn't injured. I'd have given Grabner 5 and Mcleod 3. Mcleod's had a very bad result but Grabner's was complete headhunting.

I think boarding a guy through his numbers is worse than picking a head. Regardless the injury made the difference in these two,

I like it. Good thorough video which points out some aspects that I had not even considered, such as McLeod changing his own direction at the last second.

I haven't watched many of the videos recently, is that more detailed than normal? It was a real good explanation for the hit.

I thought it was more thorough than usual and Shanny went out of his way to provide a reasonable explanation as to why they came to the conclusion they did.

I don't find myself agreeing with the length of suspensions very often, but I think the league got this one right. It was a dirty hit and McLeod knew exactly what he was doing.

On a side note, I love how Avs fans jumped right on the bandwagon with their dolt of an announcer, saying Kronwall throws dirty hits all the time. Show me a dirty hit from behind by Kronwall. Avs fans are just as dumb as they used to be. Granted, not all Avs fans subscribe to this kind of idiocy, but it seems like a significant portion were quick to scream "LOLOLOL SERVES KRONWALL RIGHT".

I want Tootoo to beat McLeod's ass March 6th. Its no secret that McLeod is a certified punching bag.