#21 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,243 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 05:12 PM

Lapierre got 5 games for his hit. 

http://video.nhl.com...3&cmpid=nhl-twt

When you listen to Shanny's explanation, you could almost swap it out for Mcleod's hit on Kronwall.

The only real difference is that Lapierre was suspended before for a similar hit.  If the league wants to be consistent at all (I know, I know), it seems like Mcleod will get fewer games.  I'd guess three.

Similar, but Lapierre hit him from behind, but not in the head, add a couple games for the head hit for sure

#22 Ekmanc

Ekmanc

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 817 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 05:48 PM

I don't even really care how long he gets suspended, it doesn't affect us one bit going forward.

#23 St. Michael (the Red Wing)

St. Michael (the Red Wing)

Heavenly With the Puck

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,822 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 06:39 PM

5 games is my guess

#24 brett

brett

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,976 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 07:15 PM

I would say 5 games maybe a few more given he hit him in the head.

douchebag announcer that said giving him a taste of his own medicine, should be fired. i think he pissed me off more than the hit

#25 BottleOfSmoke

BottleOfSmoke

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,011 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 07:16 PM

@georgemalik: Updated McLeod hearing post. @adater reports that McLeod is suspended in the interim. 2 games minimum. http://t.co/Xf1eOAaFXv

LGWsig_zpsa75c5d1e.jpg

#26 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,612 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 07:20 PM

Shannyvision.®

"Mess up tomorrow, don't mess up now".

- Harry James Benson, CBE.

#27 sleepwalker

sleepwalker

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,064 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 07:54 PM

@georgemalik: Updated McLeod hearing post. @adater reports that McLeod is suspended in the interim. 2 games minimum. http://t.co/Xf1eOAaFXv

Why is the meeting almost a week later?  Don't they usually do them before the next game they are supposed to play?

#28 ogreslayer

ogreslayer

1st Line All-Star

• HoF Booster
  • 1,974 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 08:12 PM

Lapierre got 5 games for his hit. 

http://video.nhl.com...3&cmpid=nhl-twt

When you listen to Shanny's explanation, you could almost swap it out for Mcleod's hit on Kronwall.

The only real difference is that Lapierre was suspended before for a similar hit.  If the league wants to be consistent at all (I know, I know), it seems like Mcleod will get fewer games.  I'd guess three.

Going to be at least 5 or he wouldn't have been given an in person hearing.

#29 Rhah

Rhah

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 502 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 08:14 PM

Why is the meeting almost a week later?  Don't they usually do them before the next game they are supposed to play?

Scheduling maybe? But that is what the interim suspension is for, to make sure he doesn't play in any games before the hearing. So he is for sure getting at least 2 + whatever Shanaban hands him at the meeting.

#30 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,086 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 04:02 AM

Similar, but Lapierre hit him from behind, but not in the head, add a couple games for the head hit for sure

Also, Kronwall wasn't off-balance. Though ultimately that might not mean anything.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#31 e_prime

e_prime

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,674 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 07:26 AM

Going to be at least 5 or he wouldn't have been given an in person hearing.

The in-person hearing means it *could* be five or more.

I believe if the suspension is going to be longer than 5 there HAS to be an in-person hearing, but it doesn't necessarily mean McLeod WILL get 5 or more. 

Shanny and crew may ultimately decide that the hit doesn't warrant that long of a suspension.

I think he'll get 5.

Edited by e_prime, 19 October 2013 - 07:27 AM.

(AtomicPunk @ February 4, 2010 - 12:16AM)

Imma let you finish, and your cap numbers are all good and all that, but imma let Kenny figure it out. Kenny's cap numbers were the best cap numbers this year.

#32 RedWingsRox

RedWingsRox

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,108 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 09:39 AM

7 for McLeod and 5 games for idiot announcer.  

#33 sleepwalker

sleepwalker

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,064 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 11:20 AM

My guess is he'll get "time served", so zero extra games by the time the hearing comes around.

Who reallyf****** knows though with the wheel of justice.

#34 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 16,931 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 11:32 AM

Also, Kronwall wasn't off-balance. Though ultimately that might not mean anything.

He wasn't off balance but I meant that there will probably be a similarity in how Shanahan views Kronwall's stop and turn. 

Kronwall put himself very low and it contributed to a more violent result but as Shanny mentions in the Lapierre video, that doesn't take away all responsibility from the hitter.   If Lapierre didn't hit Boyle illegally, Boyle doesn't smash his face into the dasher even with the stumble.  Same with the hit on Kronner.  Kronwall may have put himself in a low position that resulted in his head hitting the dasher, but that still wouldn't have happened without the illegal hit from behind by Mcleod. 

#35 dicksmack

dicksmack

Tunnel bus to the Joe!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,587 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 11:45 AM

Rather than let up when he saw Kronwall was vulnerable, this douchbag made damn sure the hit was as absolutely hard as he could make it... It doesn't get any more serious than this but saidly, I don't think Shanny has the stones to go more than 3-5 games.

Finally someone that can post with actually integrity, nice to see. :thumbup: --Carman

#36 BottleOfSmoke

BottleOfSmoke

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,011 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 01:30 PM

@RedWingsFeed: TMR: NHL reschedules Cody McLeods hearing for Monday: It appears that the NHL's... http://t.co/QA7R9vw5rS via @KuklasKorner #NHL #RedWings

LGWsig_zpsa75c5d1e.jpg

#37 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 16,931 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 01:45 PM

@RedWingsFeed: TMR: NHL reschedules Cody McLeods hearing for Monday: It appears that the NHL's... http://t.co/QA7R9vw5rS via @KuklasKorner #NHL #RedWings

Weird that they're taking their sweet time with this one.  I think Mcleod is going to miss a game before he's even suspended because he has a hearing pending.

#38 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,086 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 02:11 PM

He wasn't off balance but I meant that there will probably be a similarity in how Shanahan views Kronwall's stop and turn. 

Kronwall put himself very low and it contributed to a more violent result but as Shanny mentions in the Lapierre video, that doesn't take away all responsibility from the hitter.   If Lapierre didn't hit Boyle illegally, Boyle doesn't smash his face into the dasher even with the stumble.  Same with the hit on Kronner.  Kronwall may have put himself in a low position that resulted in his head hitting the dasher, but that still wouldn't have happened without the illegal hit from behind by Mcleod. 

Agreed. This is on the hitter, not the one being hit - even if he did put himself in a bad spot. Mcleod HAS to let up, and he didn't. I'm sticking with my prediction: six games.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#39 BottleOfSmoke

BottleOfSmoke

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,011 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 01:09 PM

What time is the hearing today, anyone know?

LGWsig_zpsa75c5d1e.jpg

#40 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,086 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 01:22 PM

What time is the hearing today, anyone know?

I can't believe it hasn't happened yet. Is Shanny really that busy?

Don't Toews me, bro!