• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

#41 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,909 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 01:24 PM

What time is the hearing today, anyone know?

I did a quick search.  Some said Monday; others said Tuesday.  That doesn't help a lot, I know.  Sorry.

The minions are probably greasing the Wheel O Justice and Shanny's nurse is probably dosing out tranquilizers for his video presentation.

#42 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,041 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 01:50 PM

I'm confused why they don't announce it or take forever on some of these hearings.  I can only logically conclude he's getting multiple games so they are not worried as he misses a few during the interim.  I mean, it has been 5 days since the 'incident occurred' and still no time table.

Kronwalled.net - Keep Yer Head up Kid

MONEY ON THE BOARD: $10/Kronwalling (1), $1/goal by: Nyquist, Tatar, Jurco, Sheahan, disney.com (1), Andersson, Dekeyser, Pulkinnen, Ouellet, or Sproul.  2X MULTIPLIER: disney.com.  CONSOLATION PRIZE: $5/goal by: Datsyuk (3), $3/goal by: Z (1). MOTB TOTAL: $30

#43 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 16,949 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 05:28 PM

Mcleod gets 5 games.

NHL Player Safety @NHLPlayerSafety 7m

Cody McLeod suspension video. http://s.nhl.com/q2rbN

#44 Red Crazy

Red Crazy

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 627 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 05:39 PM

Mcleod gets 5 games.

NHL Player Safety ‏@NHLPlayerSafety 7m

I like it. Good call by Shanny on this one. Hitting on the numbers needs to be out of the game.

#45 BottleOfSmoke

BottleOfSmoke

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,033 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 05:46 PM

I like this call as well. Not too excessive, but sends a message.

I would still like to volunteer to punch McLeod in the pants for hurting my Kronner, however.

LGWsig_zpsa75c5d1e.jpg

#46 SDavis35

SDavis35

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 934 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 05:46 PM

Mcleod gets 5 games.

NHL Player Safety ‏@NHLPlayerSafety 7m

I haven't watched many of the videos recently, is that more detailed than normal? It was a real good explanation for the hit. 

#47 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 16,949 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 05:50 PM

I haven't watched many of the videos recently, is that more detailed than normal? It was a real good explanation for the hit. 

I think it's about how most of them have been.   Even if people disagree with Shanny's ruling, he gives a clear indication of his reasoning.

Grabner only got 2 games for what I think was a much dirtier hit.  But Gerbe wasn't injured.  I'd have given Grabner 5 and Mcleod 3.  Mcleod's had a very bad result but Grabner's was complete headhunting.

#48 Son of a Wing

Son of a Wing

London Lions Captain

• Gold Booster
  • 1,785 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 06:02 PM

I think it's about how most of them have been.   Even if people disagree with Shanny's ruling, he gives a clear indication of his reasoning.

Grabner only got 2 games for what I think was a much dirtier hit.  But Gerbe wasn't injured.  I'd have given Grabner 5 and Mcleod 3.  Mcleod's had a very bad result but Grabner's was complete headhunting.

I think boarding a guy through his numbers is worse than picking a head. Regardless the injury made the difference in these two,

"The leader must never close the gap between himself and the group. If he does, he is no longer what he must be. He must walk a tightrope between the consent he must win and the control he must exert."
Vince Lombardi

When asked who won, Babcock said, “Well it doesn’t really matter as long as you don’t lose. It’s like going bear hunting, you take a slow guy with you in case the bear is hungry.”

#49 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,041 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 06:09 PM

I like it.  Good thorough video which points out some aspects that I had not even considered, such as McLeod changing his own direction at the last second.

I thought it was more thorough than usual and Shanny went out of his way to provide a reasonable explanation as to why they came to the conclusion they did.

Kronwalled.net - Keep Yer Head up Kid

MONEY ON THE BOARD: $10/Kronwalling (1), $1/goal by: Nyquist, Tatar, Jurco, Sheahan, disney.com (1), Andersson, Dekeyser, Pulkinnen, Ouellet, or Sproul.  2X MULTIPLIER: disney.com.  CONSOLATION PRIZE: $5/goal by: Datsyuk (3), $3/goal by: Z (1). MOTB TOTAL: $30

#50 Bring Back The Bruise Bros

Bring Back The Bruise Bros

RIP Probie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,691 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 01:17 PM

I don't find myself agreeing with the length of suspensions very often, but I think the league got this one right. It was a dirty hit and McLeod knew exactly what he was doing.

On a side note, I love how Avs fans jumped right on the bandwagon with their dolt of an announcer, saying Kronwall throws dirty hits all the time. Show me a dirty hit from behind by Kronwall. Avs fans are just as dumb as they used to be. Granted, not all Avs fans subscribe to this kind of idiocy, but it seems like a significant portion were quick to scream "LOLOLOL SERVES KRONWALL RIGHT".

I want Tootoo to beat McLeod's ass March 6th. Its no secret that McLeod is a certified punching bag.

"Ice hockey is a form of disorderly conduct in which the score is kept."

RIP Bob Probert
RIP Wade Belak
RIP Derek Boogaard
RIP Rick Rypien