• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

10/19 GDT : Red Wings 2 at Coyotes 5

Rate this topic

Guest fat guy in a maltby jersey

this team is just not very good. they got lucky to win a couple of close games.

they won't be in 1st place for long, that's for sure.

Phoenix hit two posts before they scored their first goal.

How is hitting a post a bad break? To me it means you can't put the puck in the net..either that or the goalie had the angle cut down and you have no where to shoot.

We did. And for some reason after a 2 goal lead tonight that was it from us. I'm not blaming the schedule on this one or anyone else. We just didn't get it done tonight. Shameful. Questionable calls through out the game but still....

Quincey's penalty destroyed all of our momentum. It had been one of the best starts I've ever seen from the Wings.

But you're right - another shameful performance against a team that really, really has us figured out.

******* get Nyquist and Tatar in. We need their hunger and wheels.

this team is just not very good. they got lucky to win a couple of close games.

they won't be in 1st place for long, that's for sure.

9 games in you're right..lets pack our bags and call it a year. The funniest thing is we are 6-3 and we don't even have our best lineup on the ice. Edited by puckbags

9 games in you're right..lets pack our bags and call it a year. The funniest thing is we are 6-3 and we don't even have our best lineup on the ice.

The best way to get rid of this guy is ignore him.,, wings could go 82-0 and 16-0 in playoffs and he would complain... Were 6-3 and were awful that's around 55 wins lol

Let's just be happy that this wasn't a playoffgame.

Positive things to draw from this game : I liked Smith today, and DeKeyser was also decent as No.1 D-Man. And the first line is on fire right now. With the exception of the last ten minutes of this game. ;)

I hope monster is in on Monday

3 weeks ago everyone wanted him gone and Mrazek to be the backup..now you want him to start? Should we send Jimmy down to GR ...get serious

Questionable calls? This was awful officiating once again. I don't care of Smith was down, the NHL needs to fix that rule... if the goalie goes down in that situation he either leaves the game, or else the goal should count because if he is okay to stay in the game, then no reason to say the goal should not count. That really effed us over.

The linesman need to move the eff out of the way, single handedly costed us there on the 3rd goal. And then the ref calls embellishment on the most obvious hook ever. It was not until we were down by 2 that the refs decided to give us a powerplay. The NHL officiating is just lame and the worst part is im not even surprised anymore.

Now, onto the Wings. Babcock has got to come up with better lines. I am all for Weiss needing time to adjust to our system and I do see him competing hard, but Babcock needs to change the 2nd and 3rd lines up. That 3rd line is just too damn slow. It is time to freakin play Tatar and NOT SAMMY!!!! I like Bert on the top line with Pavs and hank, knowing that if momentum turns from us we can switch and put Alfie on the top line.

Also, I would like to see Abby move to the 3rd line to give it some spark like he did Franzen.

Hank- Dats- Bert

Franzen- Weiss- Alfie

Abdelkator-Anderson-Tatar

4th line without Sammy

Edited by wings_fanatic

You do realize both of riberios goals were pitiful coverage by Andersson??? How Andersson gets out muscles and lets riberio get free on identical goals is a joke...

havent liked andy from the beginning of the season andy is weak. his passes are either give aways or terrible. never tape to tape. his coverage sucks too.

smith -3 tonight. can anyone name something positive that he brings to the line up? cause i cant think of one. PLEASE someone back him up call me out tell me im wrong

The best way to get rid of this guy is ignore him.,, wings could go 82-0 and 16-0 in playoffs and he would complain... Were 6-3 and were awful that's around 55 wins lol

Is 55 wins good? lol

A sports internet forum just isn't a sports internet forum without that one troll who hates everything. At some point you just gotta sit back and laugh at the need for attention issues.

WTF ?? No live feed but left the board at 2-2 and then just came back and we lost 5-2? That means 4 unanswered goal (minus empty net) ... what the hell happened? What's wrong with Howie?

wasn't Howie as much as it was no one kept skating after we went up 2-0

also some ?able reffing and a strange no goal call when Smith mysteriously went down in apparent pain but then was just fine the rest of the game

would liked for Howie to have stopped Hanzal on his breakaway, but we weren't exactly putting much pressure on Smith before that

Is 55 wins good? lol

lol serious question....? I'll answer as if your being serious... NHL record is 62??? So going 55 and 27 not considering ot loses would give us 110 points... Yes that's good... If u were being sarcastic sorry lol

Edited by Crashnburnluder

havent liked andy from the beginning of the season andy is weak. his passes are either give aways or terrible. never tape to tape. his coverage sucks too.

smith -3 tonight. can anyone name something positive that he brings to the line up? cause i cant think of one. PLEASE someone back him up call me out tell me im wrong

Smith was ok tonight. Not great, but neither was the rest of the team. The problems were much bigger than him, people just tend to look for a single reason.

He let Doan get behind him, which was a mistake (that didn't lead to a goal). . But Hanzal's first goal was a fluke bounce off a linesman and it looked like Quincey was skating off for a change. Smith was the loan man back with Hanzal way over to what would've been Quincey's spot I think. Not Q's fault either really. a premature change attempt and a linesman in the way.

All in all I don't think you can really judge Smith good or bad by tonight. Bigger problem is the whole team coming unglued in the third.