• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

10/19 GDT : Red Wings 2 at Coyotes 5

Rate this topic

Questionable calls? This was awful officiating once again. I don't care of Smith was down, the NHL needs to fix that rule... if the goalie goes down in that situation he either leaves the game, or else the goal should count because if he is okay to stay in the game, then no reason to say the goal should not count. That really effed us over.

******* bingo. i'm not upset that we lost. teams lose. i'm really pissed that smith acted like he was shot for no reason and was able to stay in the game and it cost us a goal. then he scores to add salt to the wound? terrible terrible rule/call. whatever it was. that was an absolute joke.

2 things then I'm going to bed because even though this team frustrates me at times sometimes our fans frustrate me more. If people really think that smith fakes an injury because he thought a rebound goal from The hash marks on the ice was a guaranteed goal before it even got over there, then I'm at a loss for words. I guess the only way you can pull something or tweek something in your neck or shoulder is if the puck hits you there not by extending to make a save and then again that the rebound actually would have had a chance of going in if Smith was hurt (or faking as some think)

For the guy that said he should leave the game? Wait till it happens the other way and tell me it should force Howard out of the game and should then apply for every time the game is stopped or an injury? Any player that gets hurts has to leave the game.

Finally the people getting on Howard, no he did not have a great game but I'm forgetting the first goal but two empty net back door rebound goals because Andersson can't cover his man twice, and a breakaway and every one wants Gus back in...? Knee Jerk reaction much...

And finally point please for the love of all things on this earth... Unless you enjoy gettig sucked in to a meaningless debate just realize that fat guy in a maltby jersey will never be happy with our team performance (maybe he is just that pessimistic and if so it's his opinion and it's fin) but I am choosing to exercise my ability to use the ignore posts option lol...

My rant, go wings and have a good night all lol

Edited by Crashnburnluder

why did babs change the lines?

Z dats bert did fine when they were together

franzen weiss tatar no excuses for this line to not make chances with that skill

cleary andy alfie wasnt bad

tootoo glendening abs at least this line would bring some energy

Guest fat guy in a maltby jersey

9 games in you're right..lets pack our bags and call it a year. The funniest thing is we are 6-3 and we don't even have our best lineup on the ice.

i didn't say the season was over. i said the team isn't very good and won't be in 1st place long.

they're even lucky to be there right now. they have a +1 goal differential.

If people really think that smith fakes an injury because he though a rebound goal from

The hash marks on the ice was a guaranteed goal before it even got over there, then I'm at a loss for words. I guess the only way you can pull something or tweet something in your neck or shoulder is is the puck hits you there not by extending to make a save.

For the guy that said he should leave the game? Wait till it happens then other way and tell me it should force Howard out of the game and should thy apply for every time the game is stopped or an injury? Any player that gets hurts has to leave the game.

I agree that smith couldn't have realized that a potential goal scoring play might happen off that play but it's very strange that he was not injured at all after that. I have never seen a stranger play involving a goaltender injury.

2 things then I'm going to bed because even though this team frustrates me at times sometimes our fans frustrate me more. If people really think that smith fakes an injury because he thought a rebound goal from The hash marks on the ice was a guaranteed goal before it even got over there, then I'm at a loss for words. I guess the only way you can pull something or tweek something in your neck or shoulder is if the puck hits you there not by extending to make a save and then again that the rebound actually would have had a chance of going in if Smith was hurt (or faking as some think)

For the guy that said he should leave the game? Wait till it happens the other way and tell me it should force Howard out of the game and should then apply for every time the game is stopped or an injury? Any player that gets hurts has to leave the game.

Finally the people getting on Howard, no he did not have a great game but I'm forgetting the first goal but two empty net back door rebound goals because Andersson can't cover his man twice, and a breakaway and every one wants Gus back in...? Knee Jerk reaction much...

And finally point please for the love of all things on this earth... Unless you enjoy gettig sucked in to a meaningless debate just realize that fat guy in a maltby jersey will never be happy with our team performance (maybe he is just that pessimistic and if so it's his opinion and it's fin) but I am choosing to exercise my ability to use the ignore posts option lol...

My rant, go wings and have a good night all lol

Howie has made saves when his helmet came off... and he has gotten hurt before (hit with puck) but kept battling until a whistle. He has honor and heart and a willingness to compete. He would not lay down to have a goal called off and then get up a minute later, looking fine I might add, and play the rest of the game.

I agree that smith couldn't have realized that a potential goal scoring play might happen off that play but it's very strange that he was not injured at all after that. I have never seen a stranger play involving a goaltender injury.

the only thing i can think of is the shot hit his stick so hard that it made his whole arm go numb. otherwise it didnt look like he hyper extended it, nobody hit him, no sticks hit him, doesnt look like he pushed off to hard to hurt his groin or legs. im very intrigued to see what he says happened

why did babs change the lines?

Z dats bert did fine when they were together

franzen weiss tatar no excuses for this line to not make chances with that skill

cleary andy alfie wasnt bad

tootoo glendening abs at least this line would bring some energy

i'm with you on this. babs doesn't normally mess with a winning formula. he did and it bit us. superstition plays a big role in sports. especially with me. :)

Yes it was very strange but muscle pulls, tweets and such things happen in strange ways and not from contact usually... How many times a season does a goalie stay down because of injury and it's never a problem. Just so happens it wasn't him gettig run over. A goalie can't go to the bench and change on the fly like a regular player can when injured and there pos. is too important and can not be covered by some one else in the play to "play through an injury" I much rather Howard stay down then give up a goal trying to play when he can't. There posistion is too vital and the reason why teams usually can only carry 1 starting goalie

Tonight sucked. I'd rather lose with Nyquist & Tatar in the lineup trying to make lines work than a night like tonight where we knew before the game we were screwed due to Sammy taking Tootoo's spot. Does Babcock get some sort of perk or monetarial bonus if Grand Rapids wins the Calder Cup? I don't understand why we continue with these plugs when we have guys ready to start careers.

i didn't say the season was over. i said the team isn't very good and won't be in 1st place long.

they're even lucky to be there right now. they have a +1 goal differential.

Sooner or later, Kenny will get a way to allow Babs to ice the best team, which we all know does not include a guy like Sammy, but rather Nyquist.

Hank- Dats- Bert

Franzen-Weiss- Abby

Nyquist-Anderson-Tatar

Miller-Helm-Cleary

That is the best lineup for the Wings and we will see that soon enough. So relax, stop whining about the Wings not being good enough, and be happy that we are off to a pretty decent start. While every other team competing against us is icing their best lineup, we are not. Just think about that.

Guest fat guy in a maltby jersey

Sooner or later, Kenny will get a way to allow Babs to ice the best team, which we all know does not include a guy like Sammy, but rather Nyquist.

Hank- Dats- Bert

Franzen-Weiss- Abby

Nyquist-Anderson-Tatar

Miller-Helm-Cleary

That is the best lineup for the Wings and we will see that soon enough. So relax, stop whining about the Wings not being good enough, and be happy that we are off to a pretty decent start. While every other team competing against us is icing their best lineup, we are not. Just think about that.

the defense is a bigger problem than the forwards. they need to ditch smith and trade for a real dman if they want to go anywhere in the playoffs this season.

Howie has made saves when his helmet came off... and he has gotten hurt before (hit with puck) but kept battling until a whistle. He has honor and heart and a willingness to compete. He would not lay down to have a goal called off and then get up a minute later, looking fine I might add, and play the rest of the game.

I know he has... But there are also times (yes rare) where he didn't decide to fight through and stayed down, and was fine a minute later and played te rest of the game in phased... It's the workings of goaltenders... They almost all do it in one way or another... Yes some more then others but I can not sit here and blame that game or even a part of it on Smith supposedly faking an injury. We had way to many holes else where... Just like the breakaway goal for Hanzel... That is not the linesmans fault he is in posistion toc all the offsides. That is Z's job to know his surroundings. We had far too many break downs in front of out net that lost us that game... Like the one poster said the vibration from

The shaft could have rendered his arm numb, but I think more from his reactions and grabbing around his head... He probably extended his blocker arm out to make the save and with the added impact from the shot could have caused him to pull or strain something in his shoulder, neck area which could easily send a sharp pain through your neck, shoulder and arm... It happens in daily life let alone NHL goaltending...

Hank- Dats- Bert

Franzen-Weiss- Abby

Nyquist-Anderson-Tatar

Miller-Helm-Cleary

while abby did ok on the first line previously, he should not be there or on the 2nd line. he's a third liner at best for us to be successful. you are actually missing alfie which should be on the 2nd line.

hank-dats-bert

alfie-Weiss-mule

nyquist-helm-tatar

tootoo-andersson-miller

Is it really that farfetched to think Smith dove? Go to youtube and type in "Mike Smith dive". Good luck determining which is an injury and which is a dive.

No but most goalies Dive to draw a penalty... There was no scoring threat, he just made a big save and no one was near him, what positive comes out of diving? Infact diving there would probably be the worst option because if the puck dropped in the crease it probably would have counted but instead it wasn't a serious scoring threat, hence the play getting blown dead... There was 0 to gain by diving?

I'm more concerned of our horrible net front coverage then a "possible" injury on a goalie that if he didn't go down would have made the easy routine save on the rebound that was on the ice if I'm correct. That wasn't the turning point... Andersson not being able to take a man in front of the net twice is a lot bigger of a problem

Edited by Crashnburnluder

Tonight sucked. I'd rather lose with Nyquist & Tatar in the lineup trying to make lines work than a night like tonight where we knew before the game we were screwed due to Sammy taking Tootoo's spot. Does Babcock get some sort of perk or monetarial bonus if Grand Rapids wins the Calder Cup? I don't understand why we continue with these plugs when we have guys ready to start careers.

Yes. The development of his eventual replacement Jeff Blashill accelerates so that in time Babs can move on and coach a team more fitting to his taste and image like the Bruins.

No but most goalies Dive to draw a penalty... There was no scoring threat, he just made a big save and no one was near him, what positive comes out of diving? Infact diving there would probably be the worst option because if the puck dropped in the crease it probably would have counted but instead it wasn't a serious scoring threat, hence the play getting blown dead... There was 0 to gain by diving?

I'm more concerned of our horrible net front coverage then a "possible" injury on a goalie that if he didn't go down would have made the easy routine save on the rebound that was on the ice if I'm correct. That wasn't the turning point... Andersson not being able to take a man in front of the net twice is a lot bigger of a problem

A stop in play? If I remember correctly, that was the first time in the 2nd that the Wings started building a little momentum and had the Coyotes chasing it in their own zone. After the "injury", the momentum turned in the Coyotes favor.

I'm not saying that's the only reason they lost tonight. I'm just sour about that situation and how it should have been handled differently.