• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

10/19 GDT : Red Wings 2 at Coyotes 5

Rate this topic

No but most goalies Dive to draw a penalty... There was no scoring threat, he just made a big save and no one was near him, what positive comes out of diving? Infact diving there would probably be the worst option because if the puck dropped in the crease it probably would have counted but instead it wasn't a serious scoring threat, hence the play getting blown dead... There was 0 to gain by diving?

I'm more concerned of our horrible net front coverage then a "possible" injury on a goalie that if he didn't go down would have made the easy routine save on the rebound that was on the ice if I'm correct. That wasn't the turning point... Andersson not being able to take a man in front of the net twice is a lot bigger of a problem

I could not agree more, Andersson lost Ribeiro twice in front of Howard which resulted in two goals. Not too mention he lost the face off on both of those goals. He was very weak tonight, not sure why.

Tonights recap from what i can tell: Smith dove, Andersson sucks defensively (still dont know what he brings), Brendan -7 Smith needs to go (regardless of how long it takes him to "develop"), Sammy should just retire/die. Refs have been getting seemingly worse not better as the season goes on. Tonights game, aside from the first 10 minutes was complete garbage.

@azc_mclellan: As for why he went down in 2nd, I just kind of had a stinger go up my neck and just kind of locked up for a second, Smith said.

Oh f*** off.

I didn't like how it all played out, but how's that an unbelievable explanation? I've had stingers and they're pretty scary when you get them and an arm or whatever goes completely numb, you have no idea what's happening.

I didn't like it. But if that's his reasoning I find it believable enough

Edit: reading through the thread, good to see the same old people being overly negative about a season not even 10 games in.

Edited by AusWing40

Im usually rather positive, but then again comparing anyone to fat guy in a maltby jersey, i suppose were all positive. All things considered, a solid win against san jose will cheer everyone up!

Edited by RedWang

Like I said before if we keep up this pace 2 wins to every loss, including ot losses then were setting our self up to be 1 or 2 in the conference... We have been playing a lot of east teams... Now it's time to keep whipping up on the bad east teams and pile up points like Pittsburgh, and company usually do.

Babs just doesn't understand the "don't change a winning line-up" adage. Play Gus until he has a stinker, then go back to Jimmy. Don't take out Tootoo for Samuelsson and change an energy line to a ******* "MEH" line that doesn't do anything. Hopefully we'll have a better effort against San Jose, and hopefully Samuelsson isn't part of the equation.

- I'm totally ready for B.Smith to be traded - before his stock crashes through the basement floor

- The other, better Smith was giving his team a timeout. There was no "stinger." I realize we don't score there if he's not lying motionless on the ice, but he should've at least gotten a penalty. I mean, what's to stop anyone from saying, "You know what, eff this, I'm tired. AAARGGGH MY SPLEEEEEEN!!!" And we care about jersey tucking? Only in the NHL

- God Almighty, I hate that game with all of my heart and soul. I hope Babs put(s) the fear of God into each and every one of the guys who very cleary had been boozing the night before, and then all the guys who hadn't, just because. And then himself, because you don't fix what's not broken, and if you do, Nyquist and/or Tatar had better be in

- Bright side: Glendening looked mostly great, considering he's, like, twelve. And we're in first place in the Atlantic. And it's not like we've been losing every - or even every other - game. A four-game winning streak is actually pretty good for us. We were (over)due for an appearance from the Detroit Hyde Wings

- Bright side #2: The 'hawks recently lost to the Lightning. And the Pens recently lost to the Panthers. We've lost to the Bruins and a very competitive Coyotes team that thinks the only thing separating it from the Cup is the Red Wings (its "arch-rival")

Brutal game when we needed 2 points to keep pace with the Sidney's...Sorry more like a brutal 20 minutes, we looked good then in the third it looked reversed and the Yotes seemed to control the play. In the end of this one I realized how much people actually LOVE seeing the Wings lose, listen to the announcers with every goal they scored they became tauntingly gitty. This is why we must lose as little as possible going forward LGW

Smith's "dive" was probably just to draw attention to the fact he was hurt. As maddening as it was, he needs to stop the play and without flopping the refs wouldn't have noticed his pain. Like others have said, there was no reason to fake an injury at that point.

Why that goal didn't count is a cheap shot really. It wasn't like the puck was getting whacked away at, instead it was the following rebound from what was a typical hockey play and shot beforehand. No interference which should be the only case as to why this shouldn't count...If he acts motionless on the ice, don't let him play the rest of the game! Instead its play dead and you might just get lucky... Again at the very least with what resulted in that play, Smith shouldn't be able to finish the game. Your injury resulted in us disallowing a goal, precautionary reasons suggest you must sit....if only.

Wings lost and this isn't an excuse, just arguing that the goal should have counted... The Eurotwins find the fountain of youth even when we lose, and Berts a beauty. Besides them and the first period save by Howie on Doan, this game's a write off. Wings looked tired after the first but I thought that would be expected. Hate to keep bringing it up but some youth would be a nice injection when you have a busy week of hockey. One other Brightside is we are potentially 2 games away from #43

I could not agree more, Andersson lost Ribeiro twice in front of Howard which resulted in two goals. Not too mention he lost the face off on both of those goals. He was very weak tonight, not sure why.

Because he needs to work on his speed. He's too slow. Works hard, but he's too slow.

Sooner or later, Kenny will get a way to allow Babs to ice the best team, which we all know does not include a guy like Sammy, but rather Nyquist.

Hank- Dats- Bert

Franzen-Weiss- Abby

Nyquist-Anderson-Tatar

Miller-Helm-Cleary

That is the best lineup for the Wings and we will see that soon enough. So relax, stop whining about the Wings not being good enough, and be happy that we are off to a pretty decent start. While every other team competing against us is icing their best lineup, we are not. Just think about that.

Helm will be 3rd line C when he returns. If you put Tootoo in the lineup in place of Miller or Cleary then you have a much more useful 4th line that will actually do 4th line duties. I would actually keep Glendening as well. A 3rd line of Tatar-Helm-Nyquist would be the best 3rd line in the league. That would make the Wings a much bigger threat to compete for the Cup. And pretty much all the whining is due to the fact that if the other team can slow down Dats and Z, then we don't have another line that's building any momentum. Sammy, Cleary and Miller have all been complete garbage this year. They basically go through the motions. Here's my ideal roster at least post trade deadline when the roster limits and what not take a hike.

Z-Dats-Tuzzi

Alfredsson-Weiss-Franzen

Tatar-Helm-Nyquist

Abdelkader-Andersson-Glendening

extras - Tootoo/Miller/Cleary

Kronwall-Ericsson

DeKeyser-Kindl

Quincey-Lashoff/Smith (whoever plays better)

Almqvist

That team should be a threat to win it all.

Helm will be 3rd line C when he returns. If you put Tootoo in the lineup in place of Miller or Cleary then you have a much more useful 4th line that will actually do 4th line duties. I would actually keep Glendening as well. A 3rd line of Tatar-Helm-Nyquist would be the best 3rd line in the league. That would make the Wings a much bigger threat to compete for the Cup. And pretty much all the whining is due to the fact that if the other team can slow down Dats and Z, then we don't have another line that's building any momentum. Sammy, Cleary and Miller have all been complete garbage this year. They basically go through the motions. Here's my ideal roster at least post trade deadline when the roster limits and what not take a hike.

Z-Dats-Tuzzi

Alfredsson-Weiss-Franzen

Tatar-Helm-Nyquist

Abdelkader-Andersson-Glendening

extras - Tootoo/Miller/Cleary

Kronwall-Ericsson

DeKeyser-Kindl

Quincey-Lashoff/Smith (whoever plays better)

Almqvist

That team should be a threat to win it all.

Helm as 4th line C unless he can return to 100% the player he was. Alfie on the 1st line, Tatar/Nyquist on the 2nd (whoever creates the best chemistry with Weiss), Abdelkader on the 3rd, Miller on 4th.

Z-D-Alfie

Franzen-Weiss-Nyquist

Tatar-Andersson-Abdelkader

Miller-Helm-Glendening/Cleary/Tootoo

I think that would give us pretty balanced lines.

Smith's "dive" was probably just to draw attention to the fact he was hurt. As maddening as it was, he needs to stop the play and without flopping the refs wouldn't have noticed his pain. Like others have said, there was no reason to fake an injury at that point.

What bothers me is it would be inevitable that if Jimmy had done that the goal would have counted.

What bothers me is it would be inevitable that if Jimmy had done that the goal would have counted.

Which is ridiculous because Smith is actually somewhat known as a diver (which is impressive, considering he's a goalie and all).

I think it's pretty clear that karma is biting us in our collective ass. What am I talking about? Well, if memory serves, it became sort of a Big Thing back in The Glory Days that we, The Yankees of Hockey, were always in the refs' ears, always pleading our case, always whining, yapping, "Aw, c'mon!"-ing. (The Captain himself was, one could argue, a big sinner in this respect.) And there was the whole everyone-in-the-league-respects-but-ultimately-hates-Tomas-Holmstrom thing, which I think kinda got the ball rolling on the "Rein in the Spoiled Yankees" zebra campaign.