No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
number9

Ouellet Debut Tonight

Rate this topic

Per Khan

Ericsson out and Kronwall still out.

According to Khan Ouellet will be paired with Smith *gulp*

In other news, our #1 D-man is Kyle Quincey (Good luck Jimmy)

Ya tonight could be a rough one on the back end. But you never know. I'm glad Tatar is in and it's good he's playing with Weiss cause I think Tatar could spark Weiss tonight

Ya tonight could be a rough one on the back end. But you never know. I'm glad Tatar is in and it's good he's playing with Weiss cause I think Tatar could spark Weiss tonight

He does have a lot of experience playing with Czech forwards from the Red Wings, ala Kopecky and Fleischmann

So:

Dekeyser - Quincey

Kindl - Lashoff

Ouellet - Smith

?

Good job Babcock has the last change. He's going to have to manage those pairings really well.

Holy crap that's a thin blueline.

You know you're in for a bumpy one when your #1 d-man has 22 games in the NHL and that doesn't make him the least experienced guy on defense.

This could get hairy... with Tatar with Weiss and Cleary, we must be splitting up Pav and Z again (:(). With a thin blue line against a thus-far dominant Sharks team, splitting up the Eurotwins probably has just as much to do with shutting down the opposition as it does with trying to get our own thus-far disappointing offense going.

On a side note: Wouldn't it be great if we had a 2nd line center who could actually get some production out of their match-up without having Pav or Z shouldering the load every single night, every single season? Weiss has unfortunately made both Franzen and Bertuzzi look way better by comparison this season. At least he is still centering the 3rd line, instead of getting to ride shotgun and get comfortable when he can't make his own hay, ala Filppula.

This could get hairy... with Tatar with Weiss and Cleary, we must be splitting up Pav and Z again ( :(). With a thin blue line against a thus-far dominant Sharks team, splitting up the Eurotwins probably has just as much to do with shutting down the opposition as it does with trying to get our own thus-far disappointing offense going.

On a side note: Wouldn't it be great if we had a 2nd line center who could actually get some production out of their match-up without having Pav or Z shouldering the load every single night, every single season? Weiss has unfortunately made both Franzen and Bertuzzi look way better by comparison this season. At least he is still centering the 3rd line, instead of getting to ride shotgun and get comfortable when he can't make his own hay, ala Filppula.

Pretty sure the lines are:

Zetterberg - Datsyuk - Abdlekader

Bertuzzi - Franzen - Alfredsson

Tatar - Weiss - Cleary

Miller - Andersson - Tootoo (with the possibility of Samuelsson playing)

Holy crap that's a thin blueline.

You know you're in for a bumpy one when your #1 d-man has 22 games in the NHL and that doesn't make him the least experienced guy on defense.

Have I mentioned how badly we need to pick up a top defenseman?

Looks like we'll be dropping to an ugly 6-4-0.

Edited by Dabura

Can't wait to see what xo can do. I think everyone will step it up tonight, our top 2 dmen are out, but dekeyser will be ok and be able to allow Quincey to pinch and be more offensive. I like the pairings, obviously Kronner and big rig being out hurts us, but I think those are the best possible pairings for what we have to work with.

This is a good opportunity for Smith. He's going to be the "veteran" of that bottom-pairing. Sometimes an increase in responsibilities can lead to growth.

Also Tatar is playing? I hope he capitalizes on his ice time, particularly on the defensive side of the puck. His first game was a disaster.

So what happens if Ouellet looks better than Smith tonight?

This is what I'm hoping for. And XO is good enough that it's not outside the realm of possibility.

Not that anything would come of it.

"[Ouellet] will go down and learn to play the right way, learn to be hard on the puck, how to be an everydayer, then one day he'll get a chance to grab some Opportunity for himself. You gotta grab some Opportunity, because if you don't, someone else will. But certainly we feel he's gonna be a real good player for us down the road. But you gotta earn your ice like everyone else, that's how it's always been." (Khan does a write-up on Ouelett's bright future.)

Have I mentioned how badly we need to pick up a top defenseman?

Looks like we'll be dropping to an ugly 6-4-0.

No team's defense would look bad (on paper) if their top pair was injured.

It could get messy or the team could overcome it. Let's see what happens. Atleast we'll get a look at what Oullet is made of.

Guest Crymson

khan is reporting now that ericsson's wife went into labor last night and that's why he won't play tonight.. injured shoulder isn't serious.

Bah. How lame! Hockey > childbirth...

(joking)