• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
number9

Ouellet Debut Tonight

Rate this topic

I don't really understand why Ouellet has seen action in the preseason as well as tonight while Sproul and Almquist haven't.

Almquist has put his time in to at least warrant a look while Sproul is probably more of what we need in a defenceman.

Maybe they're showcasing him for a trade...I know, I know, probably not a popular idea.

For the record I like Ouellet but you've got to give up something to get something.

Almquist actually got a number of preseason games after he scored a couple of goals. I think he was one of the last players sent down.

But I agree with you, It's interesting that Sproul got the call over Almquist. Maybe they just wat to see what the've got.

I don't really understand why Ouellet has seen action in the preseason as well as tonight while Sproul and Almquist haven't.

Almquist has put his time in to at least warrant a look while Sproul is probably more of what we need in a defenceman.

Maybe they're showcasing him for a trade...I know, I know, probably not a popular idea.

For the record I like Ouellet but you've got to give up something to get something.

Almquist is not good defensively, Ouellet is

Played awesome. He would only improve with more time (which he won't see likely). Loved the reverse on Thornton. He outletted nicely from behind the net also which was a great surprise at this level. Played good and physical in the corners and didn't look too young out there.

Guest Crymson

Ouellet appears to be the real deal. If all goes according to plan, he and Sproul should be an excellent 2nd pairing in a couple of years.

Kronwall - Ericsson

Kindl - DeKeyser

Sproul - Ouellet

Smith/Lashoff

Looks good to me!

Edited because I forgot all about DD.

Edited by Crymson

Ouellet appears to be the real deal. If all goes according to plan, he and Sproul should be an excellent 2nd pairing in a couple of years.

Kronwall - Ericsson

Sproul - Ouellet

Kindl - Smith

Looks good to me!

maybe have Kindl with Sproul... Ouellet and Smith looked good together tonight... but I have to ask... WHERE THE F is DD?

Kronwall - Ericsson

Sproul - Ouellet

Kindl - Smith

Looks good to me!

All home grown talent, thats impressive.

Guest Crymson

B-but.... what about.... my bff, DeKeyser?

Ah, crap. Fixed.

maybe have Kindl with Sproul... Ouellet and Smith looked good together tonight... but I have to ask... WHERE THE F is DD?

Yep, I messed up.

Edited by Crymson

Guest Crymson

Or Quincey is just holding Smith back from development. If Smith can continue playing like he did WITH Ouellet in, I say continue and use Quincey to help package a deal.

Who will want Quincey, and why?

As I mentioned in another thread, it's not Quincey's job to make Smith look good. Quincey is playing good hockey for us right now, and he stepped up huge for us last night against a VERY good hockey team. Last year when Quincey struggled, I didn't hear anyone saying that it was somehow Smith's job to make him look good, so where does this expectation come from? Good on Smith for having a good game last night, but that's no reason to throw the baby out with the bath water. As of right now he's our weakest defenseman and if he needs a rookie prospect as a partner to bring out the best in his game then he's got a very very very long way to go before we can say he's ready for a bigger role.

Color me impressed by the kid in his debut. After knocking Thornton on his ass, it makes me want to photoshop him onto an old Valiant Comics cover from my undergrad days (but I don't have photoshop) and give him the obvious nickname:

XO Manowar.

Link to cover of the first issue:

http://www.valiantfan.com/valiant/issue.asp?cn=835

Color me impressed by the kid in his debut. After knocking Thornton on his ass, it makes me want to photoshop him onto an old Valiant Comics cover from my undergrad days (but I don't have photoshop) and give him the obvious nickname:

XO Manowar.

Link to cover of the first issue:

http://www.valiantfan.com/valiant/issue.asp?cn=835

With initials like XO, does he possibly have an "A" on his jersey in the future?