• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

vladdy16

10/21 GDT: Sharks 1 @ Red Wings 0 (SO)

Rate this topic

With our top 2 D-men out, i dont have high hopes for this game. Id be surprised if we make it a game. That being said our upcoming oponnents are OTT, NYR, VAN, CAL, EDM, WINN. So even if we drop tns game and endup 6-4, those next 6 games should be wins. In a perfect world putting us at 12-4. More realistically 10-6 or 11-5.

With our top 2 D-men out, i dont have high hopes for this game. Id be surprised if we make it a game. That being said our upcoming oponnents are OTT, NYR, VAN, CAL, EDM, WINN. So even if we drop tns game and endup 6-4, those next 6 games should be wins. In a perfect world putting us at 12-4. More realistically 10-6 or 11-5.

Anything goes when it's the Wings. We could win this one 7-0 then lose the next six.

Anything goes when it's the Wings. We could win this one 7-0 then lose the next six.

Gahh as much as it pains me to think we'd drop more than 2 of those games, youre absolutely right. We SHOULD be puttin a whoopin on all those non playoff contender teams. Gonna hope for the best!

Idno about this one. It's got me nervous with our 2 best dmen out for the night. Although with Helmer and Kronwall looming on the horizon does lift the spirits a bit, hopefully Wednesday is the day we see 43 and 55 hit the ice again. Definitely hoping we don't see Sammy tonight, we don't need anymore handicaps as it is.

From mlive:

There are several lineup changes and a lot of line juggling for tonight's game against the NHL-leading San Jose Sharks at Joe Louis Arena (7:30 p.m., Fox Sports Detroit).

Defenseman Xavier Ouellet will make his NHL debut after being recalled from the Grand Rapids Griffins. He replaces Jonathan Ericsson, who won't play because his wife went into labor last night, coach Mike Babcock said.

Niklas Kronwall skated today for the first time since sustaining a mild concussion on Thursday but, as expected, won't play tonight. He hopes to return for Wednesday's game against Ottawa at JLA.

No go tonight,'' Kronwall said. "I feel good. It felt good to be back out there on the ice with the guys. Im looking forward to hopefully playing on Wednesday.

Kronwall hopes to be cleared by the team doctor tonight.

"So far Ive felt really good ever since Day 1, so hopefully Ill be given the go-ahead on Wednesday,'' Kronwall said.

You talk to several people who have said it could take several days before (symptoms) kick in, so far its been good, so knock on wood.''

Changes to the forward pairs include Justin Abdelkader moving back to the top line, Johan Franzen centering the second line, Stephen Weiss bumped to the third line and Tomas Tatar and Jordin Tootoo inserted into the lineup.

This will be only the second game of the season for Tatar.

Obviously, its a nice reward for the waiting, and we are playing against tough team tonight,'' Tatar said.

"Its going to be a little hard since I didnt play for a little while (since Oct. 5), but just try to make a play, play simple in the hard areas, try to manage the puck, dont do turnovers. I think the system should work for me as well. Its going to take care of me and hopefully I will play good and try my best.

The Sharks (7-0-1) lead the league with 15 points. The Red Wings (6-3-0, 12 points) had their four-game winning streak snapped in a 5-2 loss at Phoenix on Saturday.

Here are the lines and defense pairings they'll start with:

Henrik Zetterberg-Pavel Datsyuk-Justin Abdelkader

Todd Bertuzzi-Johan Franzen-Daniel Alfredsson

Tomas Tatar-Stephen Weiss-Daniel Cleary

Drew Miller-Joakim Andersson-Jordin Tootoo

Kyle Quincey-Danny DeKeyser

Brian Lashoff-Jakub Kindl

Brendan Smith-Xavier Ouellet

Jimmy Howard (starting)

Jonas Gustavsson

Center Luke Glendening was reassigned to Grand Rapids to make room for Ouellet on the roster.

Right wing Mikael Samuelsson is a healthy scratch. Darren Helm and Patrick Eaves also skated but remain on long-term injured reserve until Saturday's game.

How should those be wins? Winnipeg and Edmonton should, the other are tough games.

So Helm still won't be in the lineup? Bummer.

Anyways lot's of lineup changes tonight should make this game interesting for us.

Vs a HOT Sharks team I don't know. I'm going to remain optimistic

LET'S GO WINGS!!!

There's a requirement to miss a certain number of games when you're put on LTIR.

By the sounds of it he probably needs all the time he can get in practice to get up to speed.

There's a requirement to miss a certain number of games when you're put on LTIR.

By the sounds of it he probably needs all the time he can get in practice to get up to speed.

Ok didn't know that about LTIR. And you're probably right about the getting up to speed thing.

But I think it's going to take more than practice for that to happen. Games, games and games.

You're right, but its both games and days. He needs to miss 10 games and 24 days before he can come back, which means he is eligible to play after Thursday.

Y'know, scary though the Sharks are...if you take out Burns, their forward unit doesn't exactly jump off the paper and smack you in the face...

Hertl Thornton Hamilton

Kennedy Couture Marleau

Nieto Pavelski Wingels

Sheppard Desjardins McCarthy

And they're also missing Boyle on the back end.

So we should at least make a game of it tonight.

Y'know, scary though the Sharks are...if you take out Burns, their forward unit doesn't exactly jump off the paper and smack you in the face...

Hertl Thornton Hamilton

Kennedy Couture Marleau

Nieto Pavelski Wingels

Sheppard Desjardins McCarthy

And they're also missing Boyle on the back end.

So we should at least make a game of it tonight.

Their first line has been deadly, their second line is extremely dangerous (especially against the Wings), Pavelski's line is better than our third line at the moment (and again, Pavelski tends to score on the Wings), and you can't discount what a team of dive-artists are going to do with our newly acquired propensity for ending up in the box.

It should be a game one way or the other if we get decent goaltending and at least Pav and Z keep rolling, but it doesn't make the Sharks any less formidable.

It should be a game one way or the other if we get decent goaltending and at least Pav and Z keep rolling, but it doesn't make the Sharks any less formidable.

Losing Burns and Boyle doesn't make them any less formidable? I mean, don't get me wrong, if there's one team I don't want the Wings to face right now, it's the Sharks. But I think our chances improve with the aforementioned Sharks out of the lineup.