• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

vladdy16

10/21 GDT: Sharks 1 @ Red Wings 0 (SO)

Rate this topic

oh piss off. that was a great game considering we had our top 2 dmen out. to hold them to 0 goals pretty good in my book

offense lacked but i actually noticed franzen and weiss tonight

IMO tatar did what he had to do to stay in the lineup. he threw hits he drove the net what more do you want from him playing 3rd line

That last save on Bert was so lucky. I play goal and I have gotten saves like that and had no idea that I did it. Ah well, great game though. I am not happy with losing, but what a very entertaining game. Who says you need more scoring to make the game more entertaining?

I wish we could have scored. However, very impressed with our D without our two top d-men.

Niemi got lucky with the pad on Bert there. Tough to lose in the shootout, but considering that our top d pair was out I'm happy with the point.

Dan DeKeyser and Xavier Ouellet both had great games and the blue line future looks great. Tatar had a good game as well.

What were the final faceoff stats? It seems that there have been quite a few games where the faceoff stats have been decisively skewed against the Wings, which just doesn't bode well for a puck possession team in terms of creating offense.

Niemi is a frustrating goalie in that he makes the safe play just about all of the time. He is beatable, but you need to have traffic in front and/or get him moving laterally. If he sees it, he's going to stop it and get a whistle. SJ is a good faceoff team, so that sets them up since they are very confident with taking draws. The Wings' numbers on the season plays right into that strategy.

I don't think DeKeyser is slated to have any noticeable offensive output. He's always been a stay-at-home guy, I think. Nice to dream about, though. He'd compliment Kronwall well.

You never know. He was undrafted because of his skating, etc. He worked on those things and look where is. I guess it's not unthinkable that if he wanted to improve his offensive game he could be a great offensive/defensive player.

We played a very good game, tactically great and very methodical and simple game. By the 3rd period it felt like we had the upper hand. The puck just didn't go in. We either missed the net, shot it right at Niemi, or tried one pass too many and it got broken. Suck losing in shootout as that is one 'free' point we lost out on. Atleast it's to a team in the other conference.

Defense was great. Smith's best game of the season, maybe pairing him with Quincey is the problem. Now if he could just put the puck into the net it'd be great. Oullet looked fantastic for his first game, confident and strong. Threw the puck away a bit carelessly a couple of times but atleast not in dangerous positions. Dekeyser just gets better and handled the extra responsibility very well. He's one of those guys that never seems to disappoint.

Guest Crymson

That's extremely disrespectful to Mike Ricci.

Couture looks like he has had his nose broken six times. Ricci, on the other hand, looks like he arrived from another planet.

We suck at the shootout. I'll never figure it out.

I missed the first period. Overall, I liked what I saw in the second and third. Too much perimeter play on the forecheck, too little actual forechecking, and some serious derpitude in our zone at times, but I guess we should be pretty happy to get a point out of this, all things considered. XO looked really good.

I hate to say it but Pavel's struggled a bit on draws so far, after tonight he's under 50% on the year

actually none of our centers have been very good at draws so far

I don't know why Z doesn't take more of the draws on that line. Pav is definitely struggling a bit in that regard.