Was at the game tonight and I was impressed with the team's resolve despite not having its top 2 Dmen playing.
A few notes:
- Datsyuk and Zetterberg (especially Hank) were off a bit tonight. I also was not please with Abby's play back on their line... I truly think they benefit more by having Bert with them
- Franzen is such a lazy player its sickening. In OT he actually went off the ice despite the fact that the sharks would have ended up with a 3 on 0 had they not went offside
- Kindl is a turnover machine still. He has so much time, and then he just turns the puck over. He had at least 3 awful turnovers that almost led to goals.
- Oulett had a good first game, was very solid
- the 4th line was very good... Tootoo provides so much energy. Babs needs to continue to play him.
Smith was fantastic tonight. He was our best puck mover, made solid decisions, and was very good on the D side of the puck as well
Now, the one thing that is apparent to me is that Babcock's use of lines is clearly awful. The lines just do not mesh besides Pavs and Hank. Weiss would benefit sooooooo much from skating with Tatar and Nyquist (because all 3 are fast and Weiss is a north/south speedy centerman). Kenny needs to do something to allow Nyqust to play up.
Imagine that. Overall though, I am happy with the Wings getting 1 point and look forward to Kronners being back.