• Please log in to reply
250 replies to this topic

#221 dat's sick

dat's sick

Fear can hold you prisoner, hope can set you free

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,352 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 09:40 PM

I hate to say it but Pavel's struggled a bit on draws so far, after tonight he's under 50% on the year

actually none of our centers have been very good at draws so far

I don't know why Z doesn't take more of the draws on that line. Pav is definitely struggling a bit in that regard. 

#222 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,123 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 09:43 PM

Also, our fourth line looked really good. I want Tootoo to stay.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#223 joesuffP

joesuffP

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,466 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 09:54 PM

I've missed the last two games what happened to Ericsson

#224 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,916 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 09:56 PM

I've missed the last two games what happened to Ericsson

Wife was popping out a mini Ericsson, probably is 2 feet tall already

#225 joesuffP

joesuffP

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,466 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 09:57 PM

Wife was popping out a mini Ericsson, probably is 2 feet tall already

LGW must remember to be patient with his development. Smith on the other hand...

#226 McAwesome

McAwesome

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,573 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 10:00 PM

tumblr_m03by1yZTr1qarny9o2_400.jpg

^Manbearpig  :paperbag3:

Hard to say who is the ugliest between Kennedy, Couture, and Ricci, they all look like they belong in a carnival freakshow

7yss.jpg

Thanks MabusIncarnate

#227 RedWingsRox

RedWingsRox

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,144 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 10:01 PM

I think we did OK tonight.  Got killed in 1st and 2nd but came back strong in 3rd.  What happened to our shooters ... no deke, no style.  

#228 matthewdanna

matthewdanna

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 281 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 10:07 PM

Good 3rd Period.

I don't know how you take Tatar out of the lineup.

Defense stepped up big without Kronner and E.

Best game I have seen Smith play... wow

#229 The Greek

The Greek

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 403 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 10:12 PM

LGW must remember to be patient with his development. Smith on the other hand...

Awesome

#230 BottleOfSmoke

BottleOfSmoke

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,364 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 10:16 PM

@WorldofIsaac: Drunk Michigan girl weighs in on this game. http://t.co/GgGkm3vFUj http://t.co/toZ7vlm8vS

:lol:

The hilarious things that happened in the student section at the Big House are some of my best memories of college.

LGWsig_zpsa75c5d1e.jpg

Just look at how he hangs his sunglasses from his banana hammock in that last pic.  This guyf****** rules. --kipwinger

#231 wings_fanatic

wings_fanatic

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,156 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 10:45 PM

Was at the game tonight and I was impressed with the team's resolve despite not having its top 2 Dmen playing. 

A few notes:

- Datsyuk and Zetterberg (especially Hank) were off a bit tonight. I also was not please with Abby's play back on their line... I truly think they benefit more by having Bert with them

- Franzen is such a lazy player its sickening. In OT he actually went off the ice despite the fact that the sharks would have ended up with a 3 on 0 had they not went offside

- Kindl is a turnover machine still. He has so much time, and then he just turns the puck over. He had at least 3 awful turnovers that almost led to goals.

- Oulett had a good first game, was very solid

- the 4th line was very good... Tootoo provides so much energy. Babs needs to continue to play him.

Smith was fantastic tonight. He was our best puck mover, made solid decisions, and was very good on the D side of the puck as well

Now, the one thing that is apparent to me is that Babcock's use of lines is clearly awful. The lines just do not mesh besides Pavs and Hank. Weiss would benefit sooooooo much from skating with Tatar and Nyquist (because all 3 are fast and Weiss is a north/south speedy centerman). Kenny needs to do something to allow Nyqust to play up.

Zetty-Pavs-Bert

Nyquist-Weiss-Tatar

Franzen-Anderson-Alfie

Miller-Helm-Abby/Cleary/Tootoo

Imagine that. Overall though, I am happy with the Wings getting 1 point and look forward to Kronners being back.

#232 ben_usmc

ben_usmc

Kenny Powers Fan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,829 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 11:19 PM

Tatar and Tootoo  were noticeable out there, in a positive way

There's no I in team, but there's a U in c***, so don't be little jealous c***s

#233 Nev

Nev

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,085 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 01:13 AM

Couture has to be the ugliest hockey player to ever play

dsc09664.jpg

Still, with that line-up, against that team, I'll take a shut-out and a point.

"If I can be totally honest, it's not a lot of guys you get impressed by. Actually, it's no one else but him. From the bench, to see what move he makes -- you're like, 'I wish I could do that.' Sometimes you sit on the bench and just think, 'wow,' and you look over to the other bench and they sit there and shake their heads, too. He has great, great skills. I'm probably not going to play with another player who has the kind of skills he has." Mikael Samuelsson on Pavel Datsyuk

#234 Spongewingredpants

Spongewingredpants

Pragmatic Optimist

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,584 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 01:42 AM

ok this type of loss was probably what nobody expected in a good way but the lack of scoring is becoming worrisome. The more Babcock shuffles, the less they score

Dare I say it.....I miss Brunner in view of Weiss and his 5 million

My wish: A healthy roster

#235 Vladiator

Vladiator

1st Line All-Star

• Gold Booster
  • 1,104 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 02:32 AM

Staying up until my FFB waiver wire opens up. My parents gave me an incredible seat for my BD (thanks Mom & Dad). I'm happy that the Wings got a point tonight considering that the #1 D pairing was out.

That was probably one of the most boring games I have ever been to. Add to that a very drunk lady sitting next to me who first accused me of taking her seat (it was a single seat that apparently is vacant most of the time and she used it to store her purse) and then did the 21 questions thing,; as well as the idiot sitting behind me who was telling his buddies useless hockey facts and rules and trying to commentate the game at the same time.. and YES I resisted the thought of turning around and telling the guy to just shut up.

Such a shame that such awesome seats are consumed by people that don't have an ounce of hockey knowledge. 

#236 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,123 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 05:33 AM

dsc09664.jpg

Still, with that line-up, against that team, I'll take a shut-out and a point.

tmmlol

What is the story behind that pic? I've seen it so many times, and I've never thought to ask. Was he seriously just licking his stick? Or is it doctored? Gah, I hate the Penguins.

ok this type of loss was probably what nobody expected in a good way but the lack of scoring is becoming worrisome. The more Babcock shuffles, the less they score

Dare I say it.....I miss Brunner in view of Weiss and his 5 million

Our offense starts with our defense. We've missed Kronwall the last couple of games, and Kronwall AND Ericsson in this game (against arguably the most imposing team in the league). And, overall, I think our D has been kinda off thus far. Like I've said (WARNING: dead horse ahead), we're missing a top defenseman with an excellent first pass. Hopefully 1) we get him, and whether we do or not, 2) the rest of our blue liners get more comfortable.

Not saying we couldn't use a Vanek. But between Alfie being awesome, Weiss still having potential (the guy just needs more time), Helm coming back, Abby becoming a top-six player (if only out of necessity), and Tatar and Nyqist stepping up...I don't think we can realistically expect any significant additions up front this season. (And, unfortunately, the same is probably true re: our blue line.)

Don't Toews me, bro!

#237 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,123 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 06:35 AM

Babs on Tatar's performance:

“I thought he was really good,” coach Mike Babcock said after the 1-0 shoot-out loss. “He was effective for us, he was on the puck, he was strong on the puck, he played way quicker than he did his last time. I thought he was effective.”

http://www.freep.com...7/1053/sports05

Don't Toews me, bro!

#238 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

Part 3: Return of the Hammer Hands

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,219 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 07:36 AM

^Manbearpig  :paperbag3:

Hard to say who is the ugliest between Kennedy, Couture, and Ricci, they all look like they belong in a carnival freakshow

I'm still convinced that Logan Couture and the bent tooth kid from the Slytherin Quiddich team are the same person.  I've said it before and I stand by it.

"I play hockey, but I am not very good.  Can someone please tell me what it would take to sign with the Wings ? I can use a million or two."  ~ arag

Dan Cleary is an Xbox 360.  While good for a while, it's time for the new generation to take over.

#239 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,609 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 08:14 AM

Babs didn't criticize any aspect of Tatar I don't think. He's got to have earned a spot now, which will help our offense.

I think part of the disappearing offense was the focus on defense. Clearly they went into that game with a focus on playing not to lose. They were simply cautious I bet, so they could support the defense.
Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#240 Mors

Mors

The Red Death

• HoF Booster
  • 1,995 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 08:51 AM

Well this is s***ty news if true  - http://www.tsn.ca/blogs/darren_dreger/?id=434695. Lose Tootoo, call up Nyquist, reclaim throne as softest team in the league. Meanwhile, Cleary and Samuelsson win the lottery as useless signings that cost millions.