• Please log in to reply
250 replies to this topic

#241 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,101 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 09:24 AM

So according to NHL.com Niemi's perfect night lifts Sharks past Wings and Logan Couture is the third star of the game with these stats.  I realize nobody scored, but what do they base this off of?  Shots?

G: 0 Shots: 5 A: 0 Hits: 0 PTS: 0 PIM: 0 +/-: 0 TOI: 23:15

Kronwalled.net - Keep Yer Head up Kid

#242 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 17,021 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 09:25 AM

Well this is s***ty news if true  - http://www.tsn.ca/blogs/darren_dreger/?id=434695. Lose Tootoo, call up Nyquist, reclaim throne as softest team in the league. Meanwhile, Cleary and Samuelsson win the lottery as useless signings that cost millions.

Though I thought they should probably part ways with him this offseason Cleary costs less than Tootoo, plays 14 minutes a night, kills penalties, is trustworthy to be on the ice at the end of games, can be out on the PP if need be, and has a goal and an assist.  He's looked pretty good for what he is.

Sammy on the other hand is a $3 million 4th liner who has been a healthy scratch multiple times already.  He has to be one of Hollands worst ever signings.

#243 dat's sick

dat's sick

Fear can hold you prisoner, hope can set you free

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,348 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 09:38 AM

- Franzen is such a lazy player its sickening. In OT he actually went off the ice despite the fact that the sharks would have ended up with a 3 on 0 had they not went offside

Franzen was quite possibly our best forward. 

Though it did seem like he was tired towards the end of the 3rd and in OT, very quick shifts and mishandled the puck a couple of times. Maybe not being used to playing C and having to skate more drained his energy. But he was good last night. 

So according to NHL.com Niemi's perfect night lifts Sharks past Wings and Logan Couture is the third star of the game with these stats.  I realize nobody scored, but what do they base this off of?  Shots?

G: 0 Shots: 5 A: 0 Hits: 0 PTS: 0 PIM: 0 +/-: 0 TOI: 23:15

Shootout winner? 

#244 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 17,021 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 09:43 AM

Franzen was quite possibly our best forward. 

Though it did seem like he was tired towards the end of the 3rd and in OT, very quick shifts and mishandled the puck a couple of times. Maybe not being used to playing C and having to skate more drained his energy. But he was good last night. 

Shootout winner? 

That's good to hear.  I didn't see the game but noticed he didn't even register a shot on goal.  Given him playing center and what the defense looked like, I'm guessing responsibilities were different than they normally would be.

#245 Nev

Nev

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,077 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 12:52 PM

His best play last season was when he was moved to center down the stretch.

"If I can be totally honest, it's not a lot of guys you get impressed by. Actually, it's no one else but him. From the bench, to see what move he makes -- you're like, 'I wish I could do that.' Sometimes you sit on the bench and just think, 'wow,' and you look over to the other bench and they sit there and shake their heads, too. He has great, great skills. I'm probably not going to play with another player who has the kind of skills he has." Mikael Samuelsson on Pavel Datsyuk

#246 ben_usmc

ben_usmc

Kenny Powers Fan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,823 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 04:51 PM

Though I thought they should probably part ways with him this offseason Cleary costs less than Tootoo, plays 14 minutes a night, kills penalties, is trustworthy to be on the ice at the end of games, can be out on the PP if need be, and has a goal and an assist.  He's looked pretty good for what he is.

Sammy on the other hand is a $3 million 4th liner who has been a healthy scratch multiple times already.  He has to be one of Hollands worst ever signings.

None of that is true.  Cleary has continually been the worst skater on his line.  Brings absolutely nothing on the power play and should be nowhere near the ice at the end of a game.   The fact we are losing Tootoo for Cleary is pathetic, and Holland is an ******* for putting us in this situation. 

Edited by ben_usmc, 22 October 2013 - 04:51 PM.

There's no I in team, but there's a U in c***, so don't be little jealous c***s

#247 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 17,021 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 05:35 PM

None of that is true.  Cleary has continually been the worst skater on his line.  Brings absolutely nothing on the power play and should be nowhere near the ice at the end of a game.   The fact we are losing Tootoo for Cleary is pathetic, and Holland is an ******* for putting us in this situation.

Actually it's all true.  You just may not be happy about it.

You may not trust him out on the ice at the end of games, but Babcock must because he constantly puts him out there.  And I never implied he was great on the PP.  Simply that he can play there.

He's a utility guy who makes less money than Tootoo, though it's not really "losing Tootoo for Cleary."  Babcock has been swapping Sammy and Tootoo.  Cleary should have little to do with Tootoo's ice time as they don't fill the same roles and play on different lines.

I do agree though that Holland screwed the team with a few signings.  First and foremost with the Sammy signing.  Then he overpaid for Tootoo, who Babcock obviously had little intention of using.  Does he not talk to Babcock before he signs guys?   Cleary's signing seemed unnecessary but he's at least earning his money.

#248 dropkickshanahans

dropkickshanahans

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,578 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 05:54 PM

I have to agree with Franzen looking good at C. He was definitely more noticeable with and without the puck, showed a lot of hustle imo, but in the 3rd he seemed more tired and more prone to mishandles. I'd like to see more of him at center.

#249 ben_usmc

ben_usmc

Kenny Powers Fan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,823 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 06:21 PM

Actually it's all true.  You just may not be happy about it.

You may not trust him out on the ice at the end of games, but Babcock must because he constantly puts him out there.  And I never implied he was great on the PP.  Simply that he can play there.

He's a utility guy who makes less money than Tootoo, though it's not really "losing Tootoo for Cleary."  Babcock has been swapping Sammy and Tootoo.  Cleary should have little to do with Tootoo's ice time as they don't fill the same roles and play on different lines.

I do agree though that Holland screwed the team with a few signings.  First and foremost with the Sammy signing.  Then he overpaid for Tootoo, who Babcock obviously had little intention of using.  Does he not talk to Babcock before he signs guys?   Cleary's signing seemed unnecessary but he's at least earning his money.

The only sense Cleary is earning his money is by actually being actively playing. Tatar/Tootoo have both looked better than him in there limited time playing.  I do understand you are saying that Babcock believes he ok at the end of games and on the PP. But I 100% believe Babcock is wrong. He should not be trusted at all, in any form of NHL hockey. 

Edited by ben_usmc, 22 October 2013 - 06:22 PM.

There's no I in team, but there's a U in c***, so don't be little jealous c***s

#250 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,846 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 07:36 PM

Babcock's obsession with Cleary is absurd, and I blame Holland for being too blind to see above his coach's lunacy.

Cleary is causing Tatar/Nyquist to play limited games, and when Helm comes back, it'll cause even more of a mess.  Tootoo might be traded, but then we'd lose a useful 4th line checker, for a useless 2nd line scrub in a Evgeni Malkin jersey.   

According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#251 frankgrimes

frankgrimes

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,199 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 07:52 PM

It doesn't matter how one is looking at it, the fact stands as of right now this team needs to make moves in order to bring in guys who should have been regulars from the beginning and that falls on Kenny.

kftx.jpg

The Offseason of truth ...

Welcome to hockeytown Jonas aka Lundquist 2 Gustavsson!

blank cheque for The Captain or Jim Star Nil please..