• Please log in to reply
250 replies to this topic

#21 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,999 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 01:46 PM

Y'know, scary though the Sharks are...if you take out Burns, their forward unit doesn't exactly jump off the paper and smack you in the face...

Hertl  Thornton  Hamilton

Kennedy  Couture  Marleau

Nieto  Pavelski  Wingels

Sheppard  Desjardins  McCarthy

And they're also missing Boyle on the back end.

So we should at least make a game of it tonight.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#22 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,006 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 02:01 PM

You're right, but its both games and days.  He needs to miss 10 games and 24 days before he can come back, which means he is eligible to play after Thursday.

I thought it was 10 games OR 24 days.

Kronwalled.net - Keep Yer Head up Kid

MONEY ON THE BOARD: $10/Kronwalling (1), $1/goal by: Nyquist, Tatar, Jurco, Sheahan, disney.com (1), Andersson, Dekeyser, Pulkinnen, Ouellet, or Sproul.  2X MULTIPLIER: disney.com.  CONSOLATION PRIZE: $5/goal by: Datsyuk (3), $3/goal by: Z (1). MOTB TOTAL: $30

#23 b.shanafan14

b.shanafan14

One good Swede deserves another!

• Silver Booster
  • 2,870 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 02:08 PM

Y'know, scary though the Sharks are...if you take out Burns, their forward unit doesn't exactly jump off the paper and smack you in the face...

Hertl  Thornton  Hamilton

Kennedy  Couture  Marleau

Nieto  Pavelski  Wingels

Sheppard  Desjardins  McCarthy

And they're also missing Boyle on the back end.

So we should at least make a game of it tonight.

Their first line has been deadly, their second line is extremely dangerous (especially against the Wings), Pavelski's line is better than our third line at the moment (and again, Pavelski tends to score on the Wings), and you can't discount what a team of dive-artists are going to do with our newly acquired propensity for ending up in the box.

It should be a game one way or the other if we get decent goaltending and at least Pav and Z keep rolling, but it doesn't make the Sharks any less formidable.

#24 martinezsvsu

martinezsvsu

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 439 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 02:09 PM

I hope Xavier gets some pp time tonight

lmao, that sounds dirty

#25 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,999 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 02:16 PM

It should be a game one way or the other if we get decent goaltending and at least Pav and Z keep rolling, but it doesn't make the Sharks any less formidable.

Losing Burns and Boyle doesn't make them any less formidable? I mean, don't get me wrong, if there's one team I don't want the Wings to face right now, it's the Sharks. But I think our chances improve with the aforementioned Sharks out of the lineup.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#26 T.Low

T.Low

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,897 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 02:18 PM

Oh God, we are going to get killed. I'm saying it will be five to nothing and will finally get a goal towards the end of the game.

#27 RedWang

RedWang

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,211 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 02:24 PM

How should those be wins? Winnipeg and Edmonton should, the other are tough games.

NYR are garbage, Ottowa is in shambles without alfie leading them, Calgary is a team we know and is also not having the best year. And we usually seem to fair pretty well against the canucks. Given the sedins cant produce with z amd Dats against them.

#28 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,878 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 02:30 PM

Oh God, we are going to get killed. I'm saying it will be five to nothing and will finally get a goal towards the end of the game.

I'm going the other way.  There's no way we can win this one, so we'll blow the Sharks out of the water.  Everyone who has been sucking will play lights-out.  Z and D will have career games.  LGW will plan the Stanley Cup Parade.

Then we will get totally flattened the next game and LGW will want every player on the team traded.  In fact, some of them will get traded twice and somehow end up back here, necessitating a third trade to get rid of them.

Then we will complain about a lack of consistency.

#29 Nev

Nev

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,039 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 03:07 PM

Good grief, I can't be the only one looking at those D-pairings through my fingers, can I?  Meanwhile Tatar finally gets another game stuck on a line with 2 underperforming players against one of the best teams in the league.

But good luck to Mrs Ericsson.

"If I can be totally honest, it's not a lot of guys you get impressed by. Actually, it's no one else but him. From the bench, to see what move he makes -- you're like, 'I wish I could do that.' Sometimes you sit on the bench and just think, 'wow,' and you look over to the other bench and they sit there and shake their heads, too. He has great, great skills. I'm probably not going to play with another player who has the kind of skills he has." Mikael Samuelsson on Pavel Datsyuk

#30 b.shanafan14

b.shanafan14

One good Swede deserves another!

• Silver Booster
  • 2,870 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 03:17 PM

Losing Burns and Boyle doesn't make them any less formidable? I mean, don't get me wrong, if there's one team I don't want the Wings to face right now, it's the Sharks. But I think our chances improve with the aforementioned Sharks out of the lineup.

Sorry for the confusion. It wasn't my intention to say they aren't less formidable without Burns or Boyle, but was rather commenting on the forward line-up they'll ice tonight. You said it doesn't exactly "jump off the paper and smack you in the face", and I was more or less saying it does/should. They have plenty of great players even without Burns and Boyle playing.

That said, I hope the Wings come fired up and surprise everyone. Go Wings!

#31 bakerbert

bakerbert

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 240 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 03:28 PM

I hope Tatar has a great night and forces Babcock  to think twice about taking him out of the lineup. 

Go Wings!!!!!!!!!

"Holmstrom gets more attention around the net than a pretty girl around closing time!"
- Mickey Redmond

#32 Ekmanc

Ekmanc

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 810 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 03:30 PM

Xaviers first game and he gets stuck with Smith :P haha poor guy

#33 metalkorn

metalkorn

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 451 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 03:31 PM

http://redwings.nhl....id=404&navid=DL|DET|home

Looks like Samuelsson might be a scratch tonight - interesting.

EDIT: I guess this was mentioned earlier, but i thought more people would be happy that Sammy is scratched

Edited by metalkorn, 21 October 2013 - 03:33 PM.

#34 bakerbert

bakerbert

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 240 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 03:37 PM

http://redwings.nhl....id=404&navid=DL|DET|home

Looks like Samuelsson might be a scratch tonight - interesting.

EDIT: I guess this was mentioned earlier, but i thought more people would be happy that Sammy is scratched

Almost a given tonight;

With our D situation tonight, we need defensive forwards and lots of goals. Sammy fits none of them roles.   

"Holmstrom gets more attention around the net than a pretty girl around closing time!"
- Mickey Redmond

#35 BottleOfSmoke

BottleOfSmoke

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,962 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 03:39 PM

I'm going the other way.  There's no way we can win this one, so we'll blow the Sharks out of the water.  Everyone who has been sucking will play lights-out.  Z and D will have career games.  LGW will plan the Stanley Cup Parade.

Then we will get totally flattened the next game and LGW will want every player on the team traded.  In fact, some of them will get traded twice and somehow end up back here, necessitating a third trade to get rid of them.

Then we will complain about a lack of consistency.

You're feisty today. I like it!

LGWsig_zpsa75c5d1e.jpg

#36 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,878 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 03:41 PM

You're feisty today. I like it!

It's Monday.  My personal planner mandates that I be a crabby *****.

#37 brett

brett

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,974 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 03:51 PM

hoping that 3rd line can get some

a good test tonight. bring it wings

#38 Franzine

Franzine

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 217 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 03:52 PM

Win one for Little Rig.

#39 Rhah

Rhah

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 502 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 04:23 PM

Ouellet hopefully is hungry, he looks babyfaced in vid :)

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=NPLh8pR5tFA

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/NPLh8pR5tFA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Edited by Rhah, 21 October 2013 - 04:23 PM.

#40 pucktividi

pucktividi

the usual suspect

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,330 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 04:37 PM

I hope Tatar has a great night and forces Babcock  to think twice about taking him out of the lineup. 

Go Wings!!!!!!!!!

Yeah,Babs is trolling poor kid big time :lol:.Lets him play against hottest team in the league after weeks of sitting in the press box.A sports psyhology at it's best.

Hope Tatar will respond on the ice with a stellar game  :nhl: