• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
unsaddleddonald

Datsyuk in shootouts

Rate this topic

I love Pav but he has missed the net on shootouts a lot lately. I think he has gotten a little complacent and needs to attack the goal with more power moves. But would still rather have him up there than anyone else.

Edited by wings87

Same move.

Ken Daniels even asked Mick if goalies are starting to pick up on what he is doing.

Even if he missed the net, Pavelec was still antincipating it and playing it. (This critique is seperate to an obviously brilliant game he had tonight).

He's been doing that move since day one.

Surprised it's taken goalies that long to catch on.

Same move.

Ken Daniels even asked Mick if goalies are starting to pick up on what he is doing.

Even if he missed the net, Pavelec was still antincipating it and playing it. (This critique is seperate to an obviously brilliant game he had tonight).

If pav hit the net, it was in. Unfortunate that he missed but he had the whole top left corner that time.

Edit: spelling

Edited by amato

Right, but he didn't hit the net.

In fact, I THINK he has missed the net in every attempt this year.

Right. It sucks that he missed the net but you said that pavelec anticipated it and played it.. which to me implies that if he hit the net, it would've been a save

hes comfortable with the move and wants his team to win. so its his go to move

i dont think he would go out there and try a new move if hes not confident with scoring.

nonetheless i think every fan of hockey wants to see this guy go out there and pull some crazy s*** like he does in games.

For some reason I want to say Datsyuk's shootout moves are kind of like Verlander's pitches in that it's just a matter of execution. I suppose the issue at that point is that Pav never really knows what he wants to do until he's about 5 feet away from the crease.

I think even if you have magic hands like him it's still a 50:50 chance, just hit the puck slightly wrong and you miss. I think the best shootout moves are the "easy" ones like Setoguchi has shown go in there and rip the puck as hard as you can stick side.

I actually imagine that new, effective ideas are pretty difficult for any shootout artist at the NHL level.

Yea, I imagine it is as well.. but if anyone could do it, it's pav. I just think he should look into mixing it up a little.. keep goalies on their toes. Even if he just skated in and ripped a shot in the slot I bet goalies wouldn't see that coming. If he scores a couple like that, faking shots becomes a lot more effective. Idk, just my thoughts but either way I'm not worried.. it's pav, he'll figure it out.

This is the stupid "fun" word you hear all the time -- "Yeah, we're just going to have fun out thur!!!" But Datsyuk seems to not enjoy himself in the shootouts. Always frowning. In the past when he converted he seemed to be a little more excited.

Edited by themcityblues