• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
unsaddleddonald

Datsyuk in shootouts

Rate this topic

The goalies have gotten wise to him. It's time to change things up. A new shot from the bag of tricks...a new shooting order. Whatever it takes, they need to throw a monkey wrench in the proceedings. Give them something they weren't looking for.

I think the shootout is in his head too much. He was doing fine until everyone started saying that he uses the same move too much, so he started tinkering with it and it hasn't worked out. He should just go back to what worked before and tune everything else out. With his skill level he should be dominating the shootout.

Time to switch up the shooters...would like to see Helm and Tatar

Come on be serious. I like Helm as much as the next guy but the guy can't score on breakaways what makes you think he can score in a shootout. We might as well put Jimmy out there if he can't stop a goal maybe he can score one.

I think the shootout is in his head too much. He was doing fine until everyone started saying that he uses the same move too much, so he started tinkering with it and it hasn't worked out. He should just go back to what worked before and tune everything else out. With his skill level he should be dominating the shootout.

Come on be serious. I like Helm as much as the next guy but the guy can't score on breakaways what makes you think he can score in a shootout. We might as well put Jimmy out there if he can't stop a goal maybe he can score one.

Like I said...the guys that are being ran out there aren't doing s***...time to shake it up

Pav should just shoot. He's done it before pretty succesfully. Goalies won't be expecting it as much.

Z should take more attempts too, he's clutch and could probably score now that we're in need of points.

Edited by dat's sick

the brunner move looked pretty effective....fake wide then jam it home short side....the force and momentum takes it unless goalie locks his skate in the pipe.

also the flipper shot....get the goalie sprawling and go over his head/leg etc.

pav is also good at popping the puck up...go for the bunt hit five hole.

the same move is getting shut down by pav's own head. shot wide....shot wide...shot wide....

He doesn't have it this year so far. No confidence whatever it's not happening for him.

But honestly it's not really happening for almost all our guys.

Maybe this should be addressed during practice idk

No kidding.

Is there really NO other creative shooters on this team to the point that you trot out a guy in Zetterberg who is a known terrible shootout commodity?

Babcock finally listened atleast, and put someone else out 1st. Didn't work but keep changing it up. Bert probably shouldn't have shot at all, it's obvious he's trying to be way too clever. One wishes for someone to just go in and shoot like Alfie did. I think that's what Pavel needs to do also, it's beyond obvious the goalies are 100% aware of what Datsyuk is doing and unless he pulls out some crazy dekes that fool the goalie (which he obviously doesn't seem interested in doing right now) he's gotta just suprise them with a shot.

Next shootout:

Z/Alfie

Tatar

Pav

Edited by dat's sick

Babcock finally listened atleast, and put someone else out 1st. Didn't work but keep changing it up. Bert probably shouldn't have shot at all, it's obvious he's trying to be way too clever. One wishes for someone to just go in and shoot like Alfie did. I think that's what Pavel needs to do also, it's beyond obvious the goalies are 100% aware of what Datsyuk is doing and unless he pulls out some crazy dekes that fool the goalie (which he obviously doesn't seem interested in doing right now) he's gotta just suprise them with a shot.

Next shootout:

Z/Alfie

Tatar

Pav

Although Pav's has been struggling, you cannot put him 3rd. He needs to be one of the two shootout shooters, if it doesn't get to the 3rd round, the it's a waste. He is almost 50% in the shootouts, and although he's been stopped 4 times this year hes too much of an asset to not have a chance.

Although Pav's has been struggling, you cannot put him 3rd. He needs to be one of the two shootout shooters, if it doesn't get to the 3rd round, the it's a waste. He is almost 50% in the shootouts, and although he's been stopped 4 times this year hes too much of an asset to not have a chance.

I hear you and I assume Babs is gonna think the same, but we can't lose 9 straight shootouts and be afraid to completely change how we do them. Most of the time the 3rd shooter will get his chance, and maybe putting Pav 3rd would send a message of "you have to do better". Can't put all the pressure on Pav, but let's be honest the reason he's close to 50% is because he had an insanely high success rate earlier in his career. Last 2-3 years he can't be at more than 30-40% at most can he? He's got the tools, I just don't think he bothers really practicing shootouts much anymore.

Exactly. How is this even a question? We have the ALL-TIME leading shootout scorer at 40ish% and we're complaining? We have enough guys on this team to rag on, let's leave Dats alone. Dude's over a PPG, he's doing his job. If we had a reliable bottom 6, there wouldn't have been 5 straight OT/SO losses.

Tally up our bottom 6's +/- and then complain about Datsyuk in shootouts. Unreal. And +/- isn't a useless stat. Quincey is garbage and is -12. That is an accurate portrayal of how awesome he isn't. Dats had 2 goals tonight when they really counted. There's no record book for shootouts. Quit playing Miller and Cleary in OT and it won't get that far.