• Please log in to reply
98 replies to this topic

#61 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,738 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 09:53 PM

It's official, Datsyuk has become an idiot from playing with Bertuzzi so much.  

According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#62 unsaddleddonald

unsaddleddonald

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 748 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 09:55 PM

Same move, different shot placement.

Fair or unfair, the shootout is part of the game and Pav is held to a higher standard.

Not getting the job done.

#63 St. Michael (the Red Wing)

St. Michael (the Red Wing)

Heavenly With the Puck

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,822 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 10:01 PM

He doesn't have it this year so far. No confidence whatever it's not happening for him. 

But honestly it's not really happening for almost all our guys.

Maybe this should be addressed during practice idk

#64 unsaddleddonald

unsaddleddonald

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 748 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 10:08 PM

He doesn't have it this year so far. No confidence whatever it's not happening for him. 

But honestly it's not really happening for almost all our guys.

Maybe this should be addressed during practice idk

No kidding.

Is there really NO other creative shooters on this team to the point that you trot out a guy in Zetterberg who is a known terrible shootout commodity?

#65 dat's sick

dat's sick

Fear can hold you prisoner, hope can set you free

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,335 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 10:16 PM

Babcock finally listened atleast, and put someone else out 1st. Didn't work but keep changing it up. Bert probably shouldn't have shot at all, it's obvious he's trying to be way too clever. One wishes for someone to just go in and shoot like Alfie did. I think that's what Pavel needs to do also, it's beyond obvious the goalies are 100% aware of what Datsyuk is doing and unless he pulls out some crazy dekes that fool the goalie (which he obviously doesn't seem interested in doing right now) he's gotta just suprise them with a shot. 

Next shootout: 

Z/Alfie

Tatar

Pav

Edited by dat's sick, 16 November 2013 - 10:22 PM.

#66 darkmanx

darkmanx

Toronto's Finest

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,629 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 10:42 PM

Babcock finally listened atleast, and put someone else out 1st. Didn't work but keep changing it up. Bert probably shouldn't have shot at all, it's obvious he's trying to be way too clever. One wishes for someone to just go in and shoot like Alfie did. I think that's what Pavel needs to do also, it's beyond obvious the goalies are 100% aware of what Datsyuk is doing and unless he pulls out some crazy dekes that fool the goalie (which he obviously doesn't seem interested in doing right now) he's gotta just suprise them with a shot. 

Next shootout: 

Z/Alfie

Tatar

Pav

Although Pav's has been struggling, you cannot put him 3rd. He needs to be one of the two shootout  shooters, if it doesn't get to the 3rd round, the it's a waste. He is almost 50% in the shootouts, and although he's been stopped 4 times this year hes too much of an asset to not have a chance.

#67 Red Wings Addict

Red Wings Addict

This is how I watch Wings games

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,749 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 10:48 PM

It's official, Datsyuk has become an idiot from playing with Bertuzzi so much.  

It's more like Quincey's fault. 

#68 dat's sick

dat's sick

Fear can hold you prisoner, hope can set you free

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,335 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 11:00 PM

Although Pav's has been struggling, you cannot put him 3rd. He needs to be one of the two shootout  shooters, if it doesn't get to the 3rd round, the it's a waste. He is almost 50% in the shootouts, and although he's been stopped 4 times this year hes too much of an asset to not have a chance.

I hear you and I assume Babs is gonna think the same, but we can't lose 9 straight shootouts and be afraid to completely change how we do them. Most of the time the 3rd shooter will get his chance, and maybe putting Pav 3rd would send a message of "you have to do better". Can't put all the pressure on Pav, but let's be honest the reason he's close to 50% is because he had an insanely high success rate earlier in his career. Last 2-3 years he can't be at more than 30-40% at most can he? He's got the tools, I just don't think he bothers really practicing shootouts much anymore. 

#69 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

Part 3: Return of the Hammer Hands

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,199 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 11:48 PM

Exactly.  How is this even a question?  We have the ALL-TIME leading shootout scorer at 40ish% and we're complaining?  We have enough guys on this team to rag on, let's leave Dats alone.  Dude's over a PPG, he's doing his job.  If we had a reliable bottom 6, there wouldn't have been 5 straight OT/SO losses.  

Tally up our bottom 6's +/- and then complain about Datsyuk in shootouts.   Unreal.  And +/- isn't a useless stat.  Quincey is garbage and is -12.  That is an accurate portrayal of how awesome he isn't.  Dats had 2 goals tonight when they really counted.  There's no record book for shootouts.  Quit playing Miller and Cleary in OT and it won't get that far.

"I play hockey, but I am not very good.  Can someone please tell me what it would take to sign with the Wings ? I can use a million or two."  ~ arag

Dan Cleary is an Xbox 360.  While good for a while, it's time for the new generation to take over.

#70 Hockeymom1960

Hockeymom1960

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,235 posts

Posted 17 November 2013 - 07:45 AM

Why not just switch it up?  Sheeesh we can't do any worse.  How about putting Tatar, Franzen, Alfie and take the pressure off Pasha for once.

Edited by Hockeymom1960, 17 November 2013 - 07:45 AM.

#71 Ekmanc

Ekmanc

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 815 posts

Posted 17 November 2013 - 10:44 AM

I definitely think Tatar should  get a chance in the shootouts against Nashville on tuesday.

#72 Nev

Nev

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,054 posts

Posted 17 November 2013 - 11:15 AM

I definitely think Tatar should  get a chance in the shootouts against Nashville on tuesday.

I see what you did there :lol:

"If I can be totally honest, it's not a lot of guys you get impressed by. Actually, it's no one else but him. From the bench, to see what move he makes -- you're like, 'I wish I could do that.' Sometimes you sit on the bench and just think, 'wow,' and you look over to the other bench and they sit there and shake their heads, too. He has great, great skills. I'm probably not going to play with another player who has the kind of skills he has." Mikael Samuelsson on Pavel Datsyuk

#73 esteef

esteef

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 8,874 posts

Posted 17 November 2013 - 11:26 AM

I guess Babs won't let Tatar take a shootout shot because he's not defensibly responsible?

esteef
"The Wings haven't won a Cup without Darren McCarty since 1955."

#74 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,233 posts

Posted 17 November 2013 - 11:52 AM

I guess Babs won't let Tatar take a shootout shot because he's not defensibly responsible?

esteef

maybe he thinks on the way to score he will cough the puck up in his own zone

#75 shoe

shoe

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 702 posts

Posted 17 November 2013 - 12:41 PM

is jason Williams available?

#76 Red Wings Addict

Red Wings Addict

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,749 posts

Posted 17 November 2013 - 12:53 PM

is jason Williams available?

You deserve a junk punch for that.  Even if it is a joke.  Not cool dude. 

esteef

For some reason I remember that Tatar's shootout stats in the AHL weren't very good but it wouldn't surprise me if I'm thinking of someone else.  And they do practice the shootout every now and again to determine who should go in game situations so maybe Tatar hasn't been very good at that in practice either.  I'm never afraid to harp on Babs and Kenny for their misuse of Tatar but not in this situation. 

#77 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,233 posts

Posted 17 November 2013 - 12:54 PM

You deserve a junk punch for that.  Even if it is a joke.  Not cool dude. 

For some reason I remember that Tatar's shootout stats in the AHL weren't very good but it wouldn't surprise me if I'm thinking of someone else.  And they do practice the shootout every now and again to determine who should go in game situations so maybe Tatar hasn't been very good at that in practice either.  I'm never afraid to harp on Babs and Kenny for their misuse of Tatar but not in this situation. 

why would it be "not cool" to joke about a former wing?

#78 Red Wings Addict

Red Wings Addict

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,749 posts

Posted 17 November 2013 - 12:59 PM

why would it be "not cool" to joke about a former wing?

I refuse to acknowledge Jason Williams was ever a Red Wing.  Wait, who is Jason Williams?  The guy who had the nickname "White Chocolate" for the Sacramento Kings?

#79 esteef

esteef

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 8,874 posts

Posted 17 November 2013 - 01:02 PM

At this point I'm questioning every lack of use by Babs of Tatar.

esteef
"The Wings haven't won a Cup without Darren McCarty since 1955."

#80 TheXym

TheXym

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,486 posts

Posted 17 November 2013 - 04:00 PM

Looks like someone else would have an apoplectic fit if Holland brought back Jason f****** Williams.

When he was playing in Scranton/Wilkes-Barre for the baby Pens friends who own season tix asked me about him since they saw he'd been a Wing. I told them about his proclivity to miss a slapper from the point on the PP, bounce it off the glass, and send the other team for a SH odd man rush. Shortly after he did it and the opponent scored shorthanded.

Edited by TheXym, 17 November 2013 - 04:00 PM.

It's pronounced "Zim" not "Exim". Aw heck with it, just call me Scott.