• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Dabura

The DeKeyser Appreciation Thread

Rate this topic

He's my favourite Wings defender at the moment. Very solid defensive defenseman who can pass the puck and has some offensive upside as well. I think he'll score soon, had 4 shots last game and hit the crossbar against Phoenix with a rocket shot. Keep up the good work, Danny!

The Wings got a technical shutout last night with DeKeyser leading the team. He sets the tone and you can notice a real change when he's in the lineup versus when he's out. Definitely a player we should be locking up til he's retiring.

DeKeyser is my 2nd favorite Dman already behind Kronwall. He's got the poise of a 10+ year veteran Dman. Side note, Ouellet looked like he was trying to emulate DeKeyser out there last game. The young inexperienced blueline didn't look so young and inexperienced last game. DeKeyser has stepped his game up to a whole new level since Kronwall went down and it looks like the other young guys are looking at how he's playing and buying in. Even Smith looked really solid last game. He and Ouellet worked very well together. Deke can play with anyone and be awesome. :thumbup:

Dekeyser has been awesome so far. Very poised. There's still gonna be some growing pains but man has he been great.

He already does surprisingly well in corners and in front of the net but he could still probably stand to put on 10 or 15 lbs for the battling he's going to do.

agreed. and I think i read somewhere that over the course of the offseason he put on around 5-10 lbs.. so i'm sure the extra weight will come.

DD's future looks bright, and so does the wings'.

agreed. and I think i read somewhere that over the course of the offseason he put on around 5-10 lbs.. so i'm sure the extra weight will come.

DD's future looks bright, and so does the wings'.

If I'm not mistaken, in last night's broadcast, I believe that Ken Daniels said that he had added 20 lbs. in the offseason, but this quote from Ted Kulfan's article in the Detroit News on 9/18/13 says he added only 7 lbs:

Traverse City — It’s difficult to tell, but it looks like Danny DeKeyser gained weight during the offseason.

The tall, slender defenseman, who is 6-foot-3, was listed at 190 pounds last season.

This year?

“He’s gotten way stronger, he came in at 197 pounds, significantly stronger than heavier than last time,” Red Wings coach Mike Babcock said Tuesday. “One day he might be 210, but for right now, it’s still great advancement for him.”

From The Detroit News: http://www.detroitnews.com/article/20130918/SPORTS0103/309180015#ixzz2iSzlGb16

Either way, his play has been absolutely incredible, and let's hope he is a Wing for a long, long time - in the footsteps of his idol!

Edited by NYC Wings Fanatic

I agree with most if not all of what you guys are saying.

I almost feel like he was a gift from The Hockey Gods. Because, the way I remember it, our young, Lidsless blue line didn't really start to calm down and gel and click until DeKeyser stepped into the mix. That might've saved half a season of growing pains while we still have Z's and D's services (which, to me, is The Big Thing in pretty much any and every discussion of this sort).

He plays defense the right way. He's a "coach's defenseman." Were he to be paired with a big point producer, a really offensive defenseman, that might be magical.

Guest Crymson

He's pretty darned good. We shouldn't expect him to be an offensive dynamo, but he's pretty darned good.

Yes he is awesome. I thought before the season that there was a good chance that Kindl and dekeyser would be the top pair over Kronwall and E. Dekeyser has shown he is one of the best on the team. maybe the best defensively so far this season. If he ever gets to the 40+ point range offensively he will win many Norris Trophies. Future captain as well.

Danny D is the next franchise player. I agree with above comments that they should get him locked up as soon as possible.

My question is... Who is the future rafalski-type offensive d-man that will be top pairing with this guy? I'm thinking a good five seasons out, which is when he will really be hitting on all cylinders (usually a bit later for d-men).

As I posted some time ago - DeKeyser is already a solid 2nd pairing Dman in this league, and within a few seasons he'll be a legit top pairing guy.

He looks as though he's been in the league for several seasons...I hope HBO's Winter Classic 24/7 takes notice; this guy has potential for the Norris Trophy.

EDIT - clarification - potential for the Norris Trophy in a few seasons.

Last game he looked like a Norris candidate. He continues to play like that and we'll be discussing this much sooner than 3 years. He played awesome D, blocked multiple shots, smartly joined rushes and got a few scoring chances. He was a force last game.

Danny D is the next franchise player. I agree with above comments that they should get him locked up as soon as possible.

My question is... Who is the future rafalski-type offensive d-man that will be top pairing with this guy? I'm thinking a good five seasons out, which is when he will really be hitting on all cylinders (usually a bit later for d-men).

Almqvist is a left handed Rafalski.

Rafalski-type? Almqvist.

Pure offensive-type? Sproul.

I'm loving Danny D so far, he's only gonna be getting better. He stepped right in and has been one of the best D-men since they signed him. He was definitely one of the best surprises last season. They better lock him up long term or i'll be pissed.

Danny is the man and a feel good story so far. This guy was never drafted got a chance and is making the most out of it.

Big kid, great attitude, Michigan born and still pretty young I am trying not to get overly excited but so far he has been everything I hoped, he would become and even more.

Way to go Danny!

Our defense is very lucky to have Danny. Great solid all around d-man. Would like for him to get his offensive game going but that would be an added bonus. Guys that can play smart in their own end with poise like someone said is a true gift. The hype around Danny last year I understand now...

Edited by St. Michael (the Red Wing)

Rafalski-type? Almqvist.

Pure offensive-type? Sproul.

Sproul has been compared to Pietrangelo more whereas in the pre-season some of the Wings players said they thought they had a left handed Rafalski back there. I'm going by comparables more than what player could/would/should be up. If that is what you were referring to...