• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Dabura

The DeKeyser Appreciation Thread

Rate this topic

Danny is the man and a feel good story so far. This guy was never drafted got a chance and is making the most out of it. Big kid, great attitude, Michigan born and still pretty young I am trying not to get overly excited but so far he has been everything I hoped, he would become and even more. Way to go Danny!

Which begs the question, how did this kid go undrafted?

Which begs the question, how did this kid go undrafted?

He wasn't very good when he was 18, he worked very hard to improve his game. He is 23 now, will be 24 in March

The great thing about that is I am remembering another defenseman who was drafted but very late, he then went on to become the perfect human ;-)

Sproul has been compared to Pietrangelo more whereas in the pre-season some of the Wings players said they thought they had a left handed Rafalski back there. I'm going by comparables more than what player could/would/should be up. If that is what you were referring to...

I think they're two of our more offensive defensemen, but that kind of thing, like anything, comes in different shades. With Almqvist, I see him becoming (and he already strikes me as being) a Rafalski-type. Which I guess makes mentioning Sproul sort of pointless, in light of the original question. But I feel like he, along with Almqvist, could possibly complement DeKeyser really well. From what I've seen of him (and, admittedly, I've not seen a ton), he's more of a "pure" offensive defenseman, if that makes any sense. I guy who can rush the puck; lay the body on if, say, he activates himself on the forecheck (big frame); really, really fire the puck, etc.

They're both gonna be big for us, IMHO. "Good for them, better for us."

Edited by Dabura

I think they're two of our more offensive defensemen, but that kind of thing, like anything, comes in different shades. With Almqvist, I see him becoming (and he already strikes me as being) a Rafalski-type. Which I guess makes mentioning Sproul sort of pointless, in light of the original question. But I feel like he, along with Almqvist, could possibly complement DeKeyser really well. From what I've seen of him (and, admittedly, I've not seen a ton), he's more of a "pure" offensive defenseman, if that makes any sense. I guy who can rush the puck; lay the body on if, say, he activates himself on the forecheck (big frame); really, really fire the puck, etc.

They're both gonna be big for us, IMHO. "Good for them, better for us."

Personally, I think once Sproul refines his 2-way game a bit and makes the Wings, he's gonna top 20 goals on a regular basis. I can't wait to watch the likes of Sproul, Ouellet, Almqvist, Jensen, Marchenko, Backman......I really hope that Kenny lets Quincey go again this summer.