• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#21 Mike J.

Mike J.

Rookie

• Pip
  • 192 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 03:01 PM

I'm loving Danny D so far, he's only gonna be getting better. He stepped right in and has been one of the best D-men since they signed him. He was definitely one of the best surprises last season. They better lock him up long term or i'll be pissed.

#22 TheDetroitRedWings

TheDetroitRedWings

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,199 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 04:36 PM

DeKeyser continues to prove game after game that he's the real deal. And the great thing is he's likely not even close to reaching his full max potential yet.

12041887825_d4b1d5c02f_o.jpg

#23 Red Wings Addict

Red Wings Addict

This is how I watch Wings games

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,749 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 12:00 AM

I feel like a player such as a Brian Rafalski would be the absolute perfect dman partner for him right now.  Man oh man.  

#24 F.Michael

F.Michael

Old School Dynamic Duo

• HoF Booster
  • 7,671 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 08:44 AM

I may be a bit off base here for saying this.....But I get a sneaky suspicion that Hockeymom 1960 is a fan of Danny D.

;)

'Evolution' created by Offsides

#25 frankgrimes

frankgrimes

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,182 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 10:44 AM

Danny is the man and a feel good story so far. This guy was never drafted got a chance and is making the most out of it. Big kid, great attitude, Michigan born and still pretty young I am trying not to get overly excited but so far he has been everything I hoped, he would become and even more. Way to go Danny!

kftx.jpg

The Offseason of truth ...

Welcome to hockeytown Jonas aka Lundquist 2 Gustavsson!

blank cheque for The Captain or Jim Star Nil please..

#26 St. Michael (the Red Wing)

St. Michael (the Red Wing)

Heavenly With the Puck

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,822 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 10:53 AM

Our defense is very lucky to have Danny. Great solid all around d-man. Would like for him to get his offensive game going but that would be an added bonus. Guys that can play smart in their own end with poise like someone said is a true gift. The hype around Danny last year I understand now...

Edited by St. Michael (the Red Wing), 23 October 2013 - 04:42 PM.

#27 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

Part 3: Return of the Hammer Hands

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,219 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 12:19 PM

Rafalski-type? Almqvist.

Pure offensive-type? Sproul.

Sproul has been compared to Pietrangelo more whereas in the pre-season some of the Wings players said they thought they had a left handed Rafalski back there.  I'm going by comparables more than what player could/would/should be up.  If that is what you were referring to...

"I play hockey, but I am not very good.  Can someone please tell me what it would take to sign with the Wings ? I can use a million or two."  ~ arag

Dan Cleary is an Xbox 360.  While good for a while, it's time for the new generation to take over.

#28 Nev

Nev

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,077 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 12:51 PM

Danny is the man and a feel good story so far. This guy was never drafted got a chance and is making the most out of it. Big kid, great attitude, Michigan born and still pretty young I am trying not to get overly excited but so far he has been everything I hoped, he would become and even more. Way to go Danny!

Which begs the question, how did this kid go undrafted?

"If I can be totally honest, it's not a lot of guys you get impressed by. Actually, it's no one else but him. From the bench, to see what move he makes -- you're like, 'I wish I could do that.' Sometimes you sit on the bench and just think, 'wow,' and you look over to the other bench and they sit there and shake their heads, too. He has great, great skills. I'm probably not going to play with another player who has the kind of skills he has." Mikael Samuelsson on Pavel Datsyuk

#29 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,466 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 01:38 PM

He wasn't very good when he was 18, he worked very hard to improve his game. He is 23 now, will be 24 in March

#30 frankgrimes

frankgrimes

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,182 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 02:47 PM

He wasn't very good when he was 18, he worked very hard to improve his game. He is 23 now, will be 24 in March

The great thing about that is I am remembering another defenseman who was drafted but very late, he then went on to become the perfect human ;-)

kftx.jpg

The Offseason of truth ...

Welcome to hockeytown Jonas aka Lundquist 2 Gustavsson!

blank cheque for The Captain or Jim Star Nil please..

#31 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,095 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 04:15 PM

Sproul has been compared to Pietrangelo more whereas in the pre-season some of the Wings players said they thought they had a left handed Rafalski back there.  I'm going by comparables more than what player could/would/should be up.  If that is what you were referring to...

I think they're two of our more offensive defensemen, but that kind of thing, like anything, comes in different shades. With Almqvist, I see him becoming (and he already strikes me as being) a Rafalski-type. Which I guess makes mentioning Sproul sort of pointless, in light of the original question. But I feel like he, along with Almqvist, could possibly complement DeKeyser really well. From what I've seen of him (and, admittedly, I've not seen a ton), he's more of a "pure" offensive defenseman, if that makes any sense. I guy who can rush the puck; lay the body on if, say, he activates himself on the forecheck (big frame); really, really fire the puck, etc.

They're both gonna be big for us, IMHO. "Good for them, better for us."

Edited by Dabura, 23 October 2013 - 04:21 PM.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#32 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

Part 3: Return of the Hammer Hands

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,219 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 07:38 AM

I think they're two of our more offensive defensemen, but that kind of thing, like anything, comes in different shades. With Almqvist, I see him becoming (and he already strikes me as being) a Rafalski-type. Which I guess makes mentioning Sproul sort of pointless, in light of the original question. But I feel like he, along with Almqvist, could possibly complement DeKeyser really well. From what I've seen of him (and, admittedly, I've not seen a ton), he's more of a "pure" offensive defenseman, if that makes any sense. I guy who can rush the puck; lay the body on if, say, he activates himself on the forecheck (big frame); really, really fire the puck, etc.

They're both gonna be big for us, IMHO. "Good for them, better for us."

Personally, I think once Sproul refines his 2-way game a bit and makes the Wings, he's gonna top 20 goals on a regular basis.  I can't wait to watch the likes of Sproul, Ouellet, Almqvist, Jensen, Marchenko, Backman......I really hope that Kenny lets Quincey go again this summer.

"I play hockey, but I am not very good.  Can someone please tell me what it would take to sign with the Wings ? I can use a million or two."  ~ arag

Dan Cleary is an Xbox 360.  While good for a while, it's time for the new generation to take over.