• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
amato

Ericsson out 2-3 weeks

Rate this topic

"@AnsarKhanMLive: Holland said Ericsson out 2-3 weeks."

"@AnsarKhanMLive: Holland didn't specify injury but it is a left shoulder injury."

I guess him missing last night wasn't just that his wife was in labor as previously reported.... Bummer

Guest Crymson

Kronwall will be back. He and DeKeyser should form an able first pairing. Hopefully Smith will be paired with Ouellet.

Kronwall will be back. He and DeKeyser should form an able first pairing. Hopefully Smith will be paired with Ouellet.

Kronwall - DeKeyser

Lashoff - Kindl

Smith - Ouellet

Ideal.

Kronwall - DeKeyser

Quincey - Kindl

Smith - Ouellet

Acceptable

Kronwall - DeKeyser

Lashoff - Kindl

Smith - Quincey

Reality. Unfortunately.

I can't see them sitting Lashoff (and certainly not Quincey) to play Ouellet. :confused:

Edited by rick zombo

That's doubtful. Ouellet played the least last night out of all the defencemen. He will be better served playing top minutes in GR.

Kronwall Dekeyser

Kindl Quincey

Smith Lashoff

Kronwall - DeKeyser

Lashoff - Kindl

Smith - Ouellet

Ideal.

Quincey was the best defenceman on the ice last night. Seems to be embracing the adversity and increased role quite well.

Really? What was all that mumbo jumbo about him not missing last night's game because of an injury?

He was originally missing because his wife was in labor then got his shoulder checked out....

"@HeleneStJames: #RedWings D Jonathan Ericsson out 2-3 weeks with shoulder injury. Got hurt in PHX, had MRI late Monday after attending birth of baby girl."

(And here I was just saying that pairing DeKeyser with a good offensive defenseman might be magical.)

On the bright side (if you can call it that)...I haven't been overly impressed with Ericsson thus far. He's steady, reliable, a great veteran presence (especially on the PK), but he still makes his fair share of mistakes. And I dunno if we're really gonna miss his size all that much.

The Hockey Gods are doing all they can to earn DeKeyser a promotion. Maybe he really impresses on the top pairing and Ericsson returns a second-pairing guy. That might be good for our depth.

I'm reaching, I know.

Maybe a little bit of a reach but I was thinking that too.. it'd only work if Quincy-Smith can play solid together imo. If they can, we'd be looking pretty good..

Kronner-dekeyser

Kindl-Ericsson

Quincy-Smith

It's a big if, I kno....

Yes having guys hurt sucks, but on D we don't have 8 over the hill Dman in the way of the young prospects. So the young guys will play. If they play well it could factor into deciding on which if any of the 2 UFA to resign after the year. Both Q and E are UFA and will cost us 8+ million to keep both-not worth it IMHO.

Maybe a little bit of a reach but I was thinking that too.. it'd only work if Quincy-Smith can play solid together imo. If they can, we'd be looking pretty good..

Kronner-dekeyser

Kindl-Ericsson

Quincy-Smith

It's a big if, I kno....

I think these pairings look great! Dekeyser is already a great Stuart-type stay-at-home, but he has a lot of offensive upside with his skating ability and first pass. Last night, DD was showing off his shot and the ability to find the lanes, and I loved it. Dekeyser is the future and I think playing side-by-side with a guy like Kronwall could help him develop that part of his game.

Ericsson and Kindl would then face less potent scoring lines, allowing them to create more offensively. I think Ericsson has been solid all year, but Dekeyser should be groomed for the top pair now. Kindl has started to show some flair offensively and would do well to have a steady, big body like Ericsson on the other side.

If Quincey plays like he did last night and cuts down on his mistakes, he could make a decent partner for Smith, though they both make me a bit nervous.

Either way, with 2-3 weeks of a Kronner-DD pairing we'll have plenty of opportunity to see how they mesh. Pretty exciting, though I wish we didn't need to lose a Top-3 defenseman to find out.

Ericsson will be missed, but is anyone else just absolutely blown away by DeKeyser right now? The kid hasn't even played half of an NHL season and looks like a top-pairing guy already. What an incredible signing.

I totally agree. I think the silver lining in Ericsson being out might be that DD can get some chemistry with Kronner and stay in the top pairing... maybe putting E on the second pairing with Kindl or Q would give us some depth.

I just look at DD and the way he skates and makes decisions with confidence and it makes his signing look like we hit the jackpot. I think someone else posted that he is basically our top 10-15 pick, but we got him without having to draft him.

I love him

That's doubtful. Ouellet played the least last night out of all the defencemen. He will be better served playing top minutes in GR.

Kronwall Dekeyser

Kindl Quincey

Smith Lashoff

Quincey was the best defenceman on the ice last night. Seems to be embracing the adversity and increased role quite well.

Fine! But not with Smith :nono:

(And here I was just saying that pairing DeKeyser with a good offensive defenseman might be magical.)

On the bright side (if you can call it that)...I haven't been overly impressed with Ericsson thus far. He's steady, reliable, a great veteran presence (especially on the PK), but he still makes his fair share of mistakes. And I dunno if we're really gonna miss his size all that much.

The Hockey Gods are doing all they can to earn DeKeyser a promotion. Maybe he really impresses on the top pairing and Ericsson returns a second-pairing guy. That might be good for our depth.

I'm reaching, I know.

Is this a joke?

Big Rig is second on the team in hits (30th among dmen), 5th in +/-, 5th in shot blocking, and he has been using his size a lot more...