• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
FlashyG

10/23 GDT: Senators 6 at Red Wings 1

Rate this topic

Lotta people thought Big B shoulda been gone this year. We need our old reliables, clearly.

I like Tuzzi, though I'd rather have Nyquist. Cleary, Sammy and Miller need to go though. Then we'd be able to keep Tootoo on the 4th line instead of him being our trade bait to keep scrubs.

Abdelkader went straight stone hands instead of making a scoring chance :lol:

Guest Crymson

I'm not blaming the Senators' lead on Cleary, but it would really benefit the team were he to be given a persistent seat in the press box. He contributes virtually nothing of on-ice substance to the team.

Edited by Crymson

Bad period, but imo not as bad as the score indicates. The penalty on Kronner was awful, Turris held on to Kronner's stick more than it was hooking. 2nd penalty was legit but kind of a lucky deflected shot into the net. Howard wasn't too sharp but still 100% success for Ottawa in their scoring chances.

This team should be able to come back from this, we're deep enough and considering we now need only 2 goals to tie it up it should be possible.

Time for 2nd and 3rd line to produce, though I won't be surprised if it's yet again Dats or Z that put the team on their backs and scores.

Just please, please fight back in this game. I couldn't stand it if Ottawa breezes to a win.

I'm not blaming the Senators' lead on Cleary, but it would really benefit the team were he to be given a persistent seat in the press box. He contributes virtually nothing of on-ice substance to the team.

I hate to agree but I think you may be right, Clearly's time seems past...sad, lot of nostalgia tied up with Danny....;(

Imagine 100% Helm and Nyquist in this team. That would be a big skill and speed boost.

I think the main thing we are lacking is SPEED. We are slow and both these guys have wheels (Helm in particular). The only reason Tootoo is useful out there is because he skates and is everywhere - we need more of this.

I hate to agree but I think you may be right, Clearly's time seems past...sad, lot of nostalgia tied up with Danny....;(

Even if he's the best guy in the world in the locker-room Holland can't possibly extend his contract like he was talking about doing. The guy can be mildly effective for stretches, but yeah, 90% of the time he's just nothing. He's the place offense and puck possession go to die.

I think the main thing we are lacking is SPEED. We are slow and both these guys have wheels (Helm in particular). The only reason Tootoo is useful out there is because he skates and is everywhere - we need more of this.

So funny, my teenager just said a few minutes ago "we seem slower than them"....out of the mouths of babes!