• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
FlashyG

10/23 GDT: Senators 6 at Red Wings 1

Rate this topic

I don't know why I really bother anymore, but... allowed to leave? He had a decent season during which he had stretches of brutal inconsistency and ended up being most productive on the 3rd line. He nevertheless demanded good money and top-six minutes, which no team was willing to give him until New Jersey started scrambling and decided to give him a chance. In no way did Cleary figure into this, and nothing could be done about Samuelsson or Bertuzzi. Brunner was replaced by Alfredsson, who has thus far been vastly more effective.

Sometimes it seems that you invent fantasies to justify complaint.

I invent fantasies too..they arent about hockey though

I don't know why I really bother anymore, but... allowed to leave? He had a decent season during which he had stretches of brutal inconsistency and ended up being most productive on the 3rd line. He nevertheless demanded good money and top-six minutes, which no team was willing to give him until New Jersey started scrambling and decided to give him a chance. In no way did Cleary figure into this, and nothing could be done about Samuelsson or Bertuzzi. Brunner was replaced by Alfredsson, who has thus far been vastly more effective.

Count me in as another one who is OVER the Brunner discussion. I wanted him back more than most, but I think some people are rewriting history in their head. He was given multiple offers by the Wings, and CHOSE to move on. End of story.

No, the "excuse" for not getting Ryan is that he cost a lot. The Ducks got two of the Senators' three best prospects---one of whom thus far has as many goals as Ryan does---plus a 1st in the upcoming draft. But yes, it's true that Ryan also had a dismal series against the Wings.

This just in. Quality players cost a lot! yes, all of the various RW news/rumors sites said that "Holland wasn't interested because he was concerned about his compete level". But then again you know this. You just don't want to admit that Ryan is a superior player to the 4 guys I mentioned combined! which I predicted before the season.

Why not give him top 6 minutes and good money? I'd rather overpay him by $1 million than pay Cleary what he's making, and have him playing occasional top 6 minutes. Or for that matter, playing any minutes at all.

The Sammy/Bertuzzi thing is me taking a shot at Holland for signing Sammy to that contract a year ago. Bertuzzi isn't bad, but he's too inconsistent and doesn't add to our team speed. He's big, but doesn't scare opponents anymore. He's also taking up a roster spot, and has been for years.

It's not a coincidence that Brunner is gone, while Tatar and Nyquist are scrambling to stay in the lineup. Meanwhile, at least two out of the three old men are playing every game. Our young players have to wait forever to get roster spots, while old players wait forever before they're phased out of the lineup. Holland is mismanaging the team right now. I know you'll mention his past successes, but right now, he's not that good a GM.

Hrmph. That 4th goal just killed us. Looked like it was reasonably likely we could come back before that. Ottawa haven't had enough chances to warrant 4 goals, but that's the way it goes sometimes. Defense has been sloppy, kind of an expected risk with new d-pairings.

What's worrying is the extreme difficulty we have lately with creating any sustained offensive pressure. If our 1st line isn't pulling magic out of the bag we're not doing much..

Nyquist + Helm will help, but will it really solve things? I hope Weiss can soon become someone we see more consistently on the scoresheet, we need 40-50 points out of him..

this game is disgusting. when we look bad we look really bad. no heart or intensity.

where's the hits from abby, cleary, bert, franzen the floater....no forecheck at all.

Abby is the only hitter on that list. If you're expecting the other players you listed to hit, you've got another thing coming.

This just in. Quality players cost a lot! yes, all of the various RW news/rumors sites said that "Holland wasn't interested because he was concerned about his compete level". But then again you know this. You just don't want to admit that Ryan is a superior player to the 4 guys I mentioned combined! which I predicted before the season.

Yeah, until the playoffs roll around.

still only have one scoring line. the other lines only score if the other team f***s up. i have to say ive noticed franzen a lot more at center. can weiss not play wing? he must feel like s*** being a leading scorer first liner on florida now playing 3rd line not doing s*** here.