• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
FlashyG

10/23 GDT: Senators 6 at Red Wings 1

Rate this topic

I will say Tatar was by far the only one who showed up tn. Carried pucks in, drove to the net, got many shots on goal, forechecked hard, threw his weight around, battled and created many scoring chances. He tried his best to win this game by himself. If he doesnt earn a 2nd line spot or atleast, a full time roster spot then ive lost all faith in Babs n Kenny.

Guest DeGraa55

I will say Tatar was by far the only one who showed up tn. Carried pucks in, drove to the net, got many shots on goal, forechecked hard, threw his weight around, battled and created many scoring chances. He tried his best to win this game by himself. If he doesnt earn a 2nd line spot or atleast, a full time roster spot then ive lost all faith in Babs n Kenny.

Well that's the issue. If you look good out there the only thing you earn is a spot in the minors or on the bench. Now he will be scratched for five games.

Tatar had a couple low-percentage shots like much of the rest of the team, a drive to the net from the outside with a defender breathing down his back that was impressive and resulted in a solid scoring chance, and several offensive zone turnovers, including a couple times when he was trying to deke a defender at the blueline, only to have the puck knocked off his stick.

I don't think he played as well as he did against the Sharks, but I still think it was a better effort than his first game. But then again, the entire team played comically poor tonight.

Babs has been alternating Tatar and Sammuelson after losses or poor performances. I don't know that Tatar played well enough (particularly defensively; note the turnovers) to ensure he's in the lineup on Saturday, but I also think that his tenacity was well on display tonight, which is was sorely lacking from the team as a whole. I hope to see him on the ice against the Rangers.

Edited by Echolalia

Tatar had a couple low-percentage shots like much of the rest of the team, a drive to the net from the outside with a defender breathing down his back that was impressive and resulted in a solid scoring chance, and several offensive zone turnovers, including a couple times when he was trying to deke a defender at the blueline, only to have the puck knocked off his stick.

I don't think he played as well as he did against the Sharks, but I still think it was a better effort than his first game. But then again, the entire team played comically poor tonight.

Babs has been alternating Tatar and Sammuelson after losses or poor performances. I don't know that Tatar played well enough (particularly defensively; note the turnovers) to ensure he's in the lineup on Saturday, but I also think that his tenacity was well on display tonight, which is was sorely lacking from the team as a whole. I hope to see him on the ice against the Rangers.

I suppose youre right, i guess i just witnessed such piss poor play tonight my mind inly let me notice the things he did right, which was seemingly more than the rest of the team could say. Even Pasha was invisible tn, which i havent seen...well... ever. Edited by RedWang

Wow just woke up and saw the result :eh:

Don't know if I'm gonna watch the replay later today...did we suck that badly?

It was pretty brutal. Everyone not named Tatar skated like they were on mud. Everyone else half assed most of their shifts. And to top it all off, Babcock changed the lines about twice a period. Justin Abdelkader actually played on all four lines tonight at one time or another.

Guest Crymson

Time for a mini awards ceremoy!

Best Forward: Tomas Tatar. The entire team had an off night, but Tatar was certainly the most visible. He skated well, made some nice moves to the net, and even laid down a nice czeck along the boards at one point. If there's a blessing in disguise to this game, it's that Babcock finally gave the kid more of a chance to show his stuff. Seriously, Babs, czeck this guy out! He's the real deal!

Worst Forward: Daniel Cleary. Sure, I may be biased---my new sig (thanks, Mabus!) says as much---but Cleary really did have a dreadful game. More, he is arguably the single person on this roster who contributes virtually nothing on a regular basis; he isn't even able to grind anymore. If there's another silver lining to the loss, it's that Babcock might have noticed this.

Best Defenseman: Jakub Kindl. Sadly, I exhausted my repertoire of Czeck jokes on Tatar. Anyway, Kindl had a pretty decent game, all told, while his compatriots in the blue line corps did not. In other news, it seems Jakub Kindl led all skaters in ice time in Monday's game against the Sharks; at a shade over 26 minutes, he played almost three minutes more than anyone else on either team. Who knew? Not bad at all.

Worst Defenseman: Everyone else. None of them had a terrible game, per say, but they all played poorly.

Game Grade: D. This was an affair summed up by ineffectual play, endless line-juggling, and persistent frustration. Very little went right. That said, it could rightly be argued that the bounces absolutely went the way of the Senators, and that keeps the mark out of 'F' territory. But seriously, what a terrible game to watch for Red Wings fans.

Fictional character best personified by the team's performance in this game: Wile E. Coyote. Lots of speed and cunning, coupled with terrible execution and comically bad luck.

Edited by Crymson

Worst game of the season by far. Games like this are showing perfectly why a tough as nails is needed. After being down by three goals and obviously the top players are all having an off night an energy line can swing the momentum, either with delivering a big hit, a fight or just starting stuff out there.

Everbody knew, the Senators would be extremely motivated to win this game, the DetroitRedWings did not match that effort but whatever just it is just one game. On the other hand if this is the start of a bigger losing streak Kenny might finally see the obvious and move out some veterans.

Red Wings need to make a few Trades this team can't play together. This is the New NHL and they need to start playing every game or run the risk of missing the Playoffs.

Eh it's still super early in the season to make that determination and this team still has a winning record.

Games like this are gonna happen, lucky bounces, bad luck goaltending, sometimes things just don't click. It isn't the time to panic and rebuild, it's time to move on from this one bad game and see what the next brings.

Worst game of the season by far. Games like this are showing perfectly why a tough as nails is needed. After being down by three goals and obviously the top players are all having an off night an energy line can swing the momentum, either with delivering a big hit, a fight or just starting stuff out there. Everbody knew, the Senators would be extremely motivated to win this game, the DetroitRedWings did not match that effort but whatever just it is just one game. On the other hand if this is the start of a bigger losing streak Kenny might finally see the obvious and move out some veterans.

No, having scoring depth can better address that problem. IE don't have 1/4 of your team be named Cleary, Samuelson and Bertuzzi.

Eh it's still super early in the season to make that determination and this team still has a winning record.

Games like this are gonna happen, lucky bounces, bad luck goaltending, sometimes things just don't click. It isn't the time to panic and rebuild, it's time to move on from this one bad game and see what the next brings.

But this is lgw, the place where the panic buttons reign freely, and the desire to say I told you so is so sweet for the naysayers

Worst game of the season by far. Games like this are showing perfectly why a tough as nails is needed. After being down by three goals and obviously the top players are all having an off night an energy line can swing the momentum, either with delivering a big hit, a fight or just starting stuff out there. Everbody knew, the Senators would be extremely motivated to win this game, the DetroitRedWings did not match that effort but whatever just it is just one game. On the other hand if this is the start of a bigger losing streak Kenny might finally see the obvious and move out some veterans.

No, having scoring depth can better address that problem. IE don't have 1/4 of your team be named Cleary, Samuelson and Bertuzzi.

Hardly in the same way, an energy line can provide things scoring depth doesn't. I am really starting to wonder about the identity of this team?

- they aren't a powerhouse

- they aren't anything close to a blue collar team

- they aren't young

- they aren't tough

- they aren't playing a run and gun style

- they aren't playing a defense first kind of system

so it is really hard figuring out, what the real identity of this team is? Ryan has shown last night how a good UFA signing looks like not an over the hill Alfie or a guy who was injured for almost a full season..while having guys that should be playing in the miniors.

but trading at this point of the season is hard, because everyone will know the team is desperate and once that happens Kenny is dealing from a position of weakness but this is his team, so he is also responsible for returning them to be the class of the NHL again. I think this will be another season with some great and some miserable games = fighting for the playoffs.

Hardly in the same way, an energy line can provide things scoring depth doesn't. I am really starting to wonder about the identity of this team? - they aren't a powerhouse - they aren't anything close to a blue collar team - they aren't young - they aren't tough - they aren't playing a run and gun style - they aren't playing a defense first kind of system so it is really hard figuring out, what the real identity of this team is? Ryan has shown last night how a good UFA signing looks like not an over the hill Alfie or a guy who was injured for almost a full season..while having guys that should be playing in the miniors. but trading at this point of the season is hard, because everyone will know the team is desperate and once that happens Kenny is dealing from a position of weakness but this is his team, so he is also responsible for returning them to be the class of the NHL again. I think this will be another season with some great and some miserable games = fighting for the playoffs.

Ryan (who is good but streaky) was a trade though, not an UFA signing. They gave up a very good prospect in Silfverberg for him. Alfie's been great and he will be huge in the playoffs I bet. Weiss.. we'll he's maybe not moving in the right direction as fast as I hoped, but it's early going. He's a great example of the hypocracy of Wings fans though. "Make a trade Holland! Shake things up! Trade Filppula!". And though it wasn't technically a trade, signing Weiss instead was the same thing as a trade. Now that Weiss isn't tearing it up people are starting to say we should have kept Filppula or Holland shouldn't have taken a chance on a guy that just came back from serious injury. LOL.

The identity of the team has sort of been in flux since Lidstrom left. We're still trying to be that puck possession, skilled team but it's hard for us to do that with the players we have. Like it or not, Filppula kind of fit into that style of play better than Weiss does. Atleast so far, hopefully Weiss finds a way to fit into the system. Having Nyquist in the lineup would also help tremendously as he's good at holding onto the puck. On defense we need all our bodies healthy. Kronner, E and Dekeyser are the guys that CAN play the style of hockey we need them to. Kindl is close, but still makes to many bad plays with the puck unfortunately. Quincey and Smith and Lashoff are not good enough at it, which is why I'd like to see Almqvist get a chance in the #6 spot. Even if he makes defensive errors he might be able to make up for it with his puck-moving skills.

As for our energy line: when we get Helm back: Abdelkader-Helm-Miller/Tootoo. Imo. Down the line I'd love to see Abdelkader-Helm-Glendening.

You mean like our 3rd line from the playoffs and half the season last year of Nyquist-Andersson-Brunner? That's why our 3rd line needs to be Tatar-Helm-Nyquist once Helm comes back. Weiss needs to mesh with someone and hopefully fast. It's been 11 games now, he's gotta get some chemistry going and get some points. Dare I say he move to the wing with Z and Dats and the 2nd line be Alfredsson-Mule-Tuzzi/Abs? Franzen is way better at center than wing. He said it himself and it's on MLive, he gets in the game more and keeps his feet moving more at center and it's very apparent out there. We definitely need to let the likes of Cleary and Miller go and Tuzzi and Sammy will be done after this season anyways. Lets hope that our GR boys that won the championship fill the voids left instead of bridge the gap signings again. I want more Nyquist, Tatar, Jurco types to come up and learn full time from Dats and Z before they're gone. Watching game tape isn't as effective as getting in the line up and on the ice with them.

I think Bert has looked good. The other 2 were pathetic signing by Holland, especially Cleary....

All I gotta say is wow I cannot stand Weiss wtf is wrong with this signing? Emmerton is WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY better.. how is this guy a 5 year 5M man??? He's got nothing strength, skills, awareness nothing. Shocking bad signing here.. we lose Flip to this?

Edited by wingfan1991

We all notice Franzen when he plays center. Not sure what his face-off stats are, but if they're decent work him there. I think Babcock wants his offense but that's not happening anyway so put him in a defensive role for now.

I know this is at least the 2nd year where people have been clamoring for more Mule as a center. Last year when he was center he was just as a effective, of course if it works Babcock says f*** ti.