• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
FlashyG

10/23 GDT: Senators 6 at Red Wings 1

Rate this topic

I had Shanny and Hull scoring on picture perfect one timers on consecutive PP's in mine...Lidstrom had assists on both

Oh yeah? Well each one of the russian 5 has a goal in the game I'm watching!

Guest Crymson

Compete level. wasn't that the excuse for not getting Ryan? Who btw has 5 goals in 8+ games, is 26, RHed, makes 5.2 million and has 1 year after this on his contract. Versus Alfie, Cleary, tatar, and Nyquist who combined have 2 goals and cost us about 8.5 million this year.

I am not one that thinks Holland makes a lot of mistakes, but this is a big one. We are a scoring challenged team, and Ryan puts in 30+ every full year.

This just in. Quality players cost a lot! yes, all of the various RW news/rumors sites said that "Holland wasn't interested because he was concerned about his compete level". But then again you know this. You just don't want to admit that Ryan is a superior player to the 4 guys I mentioned combined! which I predicted before the season.

By "various RW news/rumors sites," perhaps you mean Helene St. James. She is the sole individual who stated that.

Given that of the four players you have referred to one has not played a game, another gets barely any playing time, and a third has more points than Ryan... well, screw it. I'm not going to bother.

ferraro just said helm is out again with a groin??

Helm has always had a groin. I suspect most players do.

Abby is the only hitter on that list. If you're expecting the other players you listed to hit, you've got another thing coming.

they can they just don't....u can add miller and tootoo to that as well. mind you i'll give tootoo a pass cause he brings it pretty much every night.

By "various RW news/rumors sites," perhaps you mean Helene St. James. She is the sole individual who stated that.

Given that of the four players you have referred to one has not played a game, another gets barely any playing time, and a third has more points than Ryan... well, screw it. I'm not going to bother.

Are you really going to compare secondary assists to goals scored? really? ya tatar and nyquist are so great and such key parts of our team, we can't possibly trade them for a proven and young goal scorer. that would make no sense what so ever.

Now I have that off of my chest for a while. Water under the bridge. Nothing can be done about it......at least for another 18 months.........

Haha dude you can't give up. The internet rules clearly state that if you don't make common sense points over and over ad nauseam, those very points are thus invalid. So the choice is simply, admit Ryan is better than four guys or keep arguing until you're exhausted.

Are you really going to compare secondary assists to goals scored? really? ya tatar and nyquist are so great and such key parts of our team, we can't possibly trade them for a proven and young goal scorer. that would make no sense what so ever.

Now I have that off of my chest for a while. Water under the bridge. Nothing can be done about it......at least for another 18 months.........

You do realize that more often than not goals have to be setup by team mates right? how many of ryan's 5 goals are unassisted? how many of those does he score without a team mate to pass it to him?

In an effort to salvage this game, I think Babs should shuffle the lines at least two or three more times in the third. Other than Pavs, Hank, and Kronwall, every player is just as good as every other players. Our entire team is interchangeable from game to game.

The Cleary signing is looking worse and worse. I've actually thought he's been okay, but we desperately need Nyquist in the lineup and Cleary's stopping that. Is it terrible that I'm wishing for something minor like a broken pinky to put him on LTIR? Sorry.

We shouldn't be getting killed like this in the scoring department. After our 2 goal lead in Phoenix we've been outscored 9-1, not including losing a shootout. The dynamic needs to change. If that means splitting up Z and D, so be it.

Franzen-Zetterberg-Alfredsson

Bertuzzi-Datsyuk-Tatar

Cleary-Weiss-Abdelkader

Miller-Andersson-Tootoo

Try it...until Nyquist comes and saves us.

This game is demonstrating how Babcock is not using lines properly, and how Kenny failed to allow babs to ice the best team possible by not playing Nyquist.

Cleary has not been bad this year, but we still had no reason to bring him back to this team. The fact that we signed him knowing we would have to keep Gus in the minors is simply retarded.

Either way, Babs has got to do something with his lines, because they are NOT working. He needs to figure out a way to get Weiss going. I love how Babs is demoting Alfie, but PROMOTING Cleary!!!!! We are not scoring goals because we have Alfie playing on the 3rd and 4th line now, while Cleary is on the 2nd line. I have noticed a trend the past few seaosons that whatever line Cleary is on, goal production goes down. Cleary has no place on the top 6 and Babcock needs to fix that.

Z-Dats-Bert

Tatar-Weiss-Alfie (Weiss will benefit from Tatar's speed and I think that will get Weiss going. I think Alfie provide a nice veteran presence to the line with some clutch and his vision)

Abby-Anderson-Franzen (Franzen is lazy and he pisses me off on the top 6 so this can be a checking line that can chip in offensively)

Bottom line is that Helm needs to stop gettting injured. It is ridiculous. When he is back, things will be so much better for this team.

Guest Crymson

Goal off Homer from a blast from the blue by Lids.

Zetterberg from Datsyuk and Holmstrom.

Cleary has not been bad this year, but we still had no reason to bring him back to this team. The fact that we signed him knowing we would have to keep Gus in the minors is simply retarded.

I disagree. I have seen nothing to suggest that Cleary has not been completely useless.

Tatar has gotten rewarded.

Hahahahahahaha, he did mix the lines up again. Nothing like developing chemistry by playing with six different guys in three different periods. Here's a thought, why not use the same lines you did when you beat VERY good hockey teams in Boston and Colorado? You know, winning lineups.