• Please log in to reply
386 replies to this topic

#181 sjr2012

sjr2012

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,055 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 07:51 PM

I cant believe how bad things have gone the last 3 games we win 4 in a row now its looking we are going to lose 3 time to get something changed

try to get something by me i dare you

:goalie:

#182 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,662 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 07:52 PM

Is Weiss evenf****** playing?

Dude is garbage.

At least Filppula was good looking.  

According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#183 Yeti

Yeti

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 616 posts

can we get howie in as a defensman?

#184 Richdg

Richdg

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,938 posts

Compete level. wasn't that the excuse for not getting Ryan? Who btw has 5 goals in 8+ games, is 26, RHed, makes 5.2 million and has 1 year after this on his contract. Versus Alfie, Cleary, tatar, and Nyquist who combined have 2 goals and cost us about 8.5 million this year.

I am not one that thinks Holland makes a lot of mistakes, but this is a big one. We are a scoring challenged team, and Ryan puts in 30+ every full year.

#185 jimmyemeryhunter

jimmyemeryhunter

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 898 posts

The replay really emphasizes Smith standing there watching Spezza score on the bounce. Ack.  Why isn't Gus pulled?  Not saying they're all on him, but he looks totally rattled.

Gus has only let in one goal.
Jimmy was pulled after three in the first.

#186 marcaractac

marcaractac

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,324 posts

That was Datsyuk's fault.  He let Spezza skate past him, and didn't have his back turned to the play, unlike Smith.  

but...but smith and cleary are at fault for everything bad that happens against the wings!

#187 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,516 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 07:53 PM

My mistake, I came in when it was 3-0 and saw some quick replays of the earlier goals.  Didn't see it was Howard to start.

EDIT: And the replay they showed was an angle that didn't even show Datsyuk in the center, which is why I thought Smith made the mistake.

Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#188 TheXym

TheXym

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,467 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 07:53 PM

but...but smith and cleary are at fault for everything bad that happens against the wings!

I thought that was Sammy and Jason f***ing Williams? ;)
It's pronounced "Zim" not "Exim". Aw heck with it, just call me Scott.

#189 GoWings1905

GoWings1905

Legend

• Gold Booster
  • 5,226 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 07:54 PM

The top line is really the only one that generates consistent pressure. The bottom-six is just a jumbled combination of nothing. Remember how good the third line was in the playoffs?

"To whom much is given, much is expected."

#190 puckbags

puckbags

The Future

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,600 posts
  • Location:Cobble Hill, BC, Canada ( 2,522 Miles from the Joe)

Posted 23 October 2013 - 07:55 PM

I don't know why anyone is suprised with our play this year..we are a very simliar team to last year.  We will have 4 game winning streaks..we will have 4 game losing streaks..until we get faster ( Gus and Tatar ) this is the way it will be..we are a good team that will have to get hot at the right time of year again.

"Hard Work Beats Talent When Talent Refuses to Work Hard"

LGW after 1 loss is irrational, after a few in a row it becomes quite comical, 22 playoff appearances in a row and 4 cups in that time and still going strong. Relaxxxxx !!

#191 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,662 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 07:55 PM

The top line is really the only one that generates consistent pressure. The bottom-six is just a jumbled combination of nothing. Remember how good the third line was in the playoffs?

Too bad Nyquist is in GR, while Brunner was allowed to leave.

Just so we could bring back Cleary and make room for Sammy and Bert, two guys Holland kept around too long.  

According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#192 jimmyemeryhunter

jimmyemeryhunter

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 898 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 07:56 PM

Alfies doing everything he can, and Cleary was literally just standing in his way.

#193 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,516 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 07:57 PM

Bertuzzi's done exactly what we wanted and expected of him. I really don't have a problem with him in the lineup. Zetterberg-Datsyuk-Bertuzzi is a real-gud line.

Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#194 marcaractac

marcaractac

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,324 posts

Just so we could bring back Cleary and make room for Sammy and Bert, two guys Holland kept around too long.  

Brunner was gone before cleary was ever resigned. it's been known almost all summer brunner wasnt coming back. 

brunner is not here because of brunner, not holland.

#195 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Compete level. wasn't that the excuse for not getting Ryan? Who btw has 5 goals in 8+ games, is 26, RHed, makes 5.2 million and has 1 year after this on his contract. Versus Alfie, Cleary, tatar, and Nyquist who combined have 2 goals and cost us about 8.5 million this year.

I am not one that thinks Holland makes a lot of mistakes, but this is a big one. We are a scoring challenged team, and Ryan puts in 30+ every full year.

No, the "excuse" for not getting Ryan is that he cost a lot. The Ducks got two of the Senators' three best prospects---one of whom thus far has as many goals as Ryan does---plus a 1st in the upcoming draft. But yes, it's true that Ryan also had a dismal series against the Wings.

#196 Detroit # 1 Fan

Detroit # 1 Fan

Truculence.

• HoF Booster
  • 19,025 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 07:58 PM

I'd like Quincey so much more if he'd shoot at the net and not into the corner/boards every single time.

#NOMOREKINDL

#197 sjr2012

sjr2012

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,055 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 07:59 PM

we got to do something with the lines its not producting anything

Zetty Dats Abby

frazen Weiss tatar

bert Andy   Alfie

Cleary Glen Tootoo

Edited by sjr2012, 23 October 2013 - 08:01 PM.

try to get something by me i dare you

:goalie:

#198 puckbags

puckbags

The Future

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,600 posts
  • Location:Cobble Hill, BC, Canada ( 2,522 Miles from the Joe)

Posted 23 October 2013 - 08:00 PM

Bertuzzi's done exactly what we wanted and expected of him. I really don't have a problem with him in the lineup. Zetterberg-Datsyuk-Bertuzzi is a real-gud line.

I'm surprised with Bert..didnt think he could play with those guys..he's been good..he can't play top minutes all the time but in spurts he looks usable 

"Hard Work Beats Talent When Talent Refuses to Work Hard"

LGW after 1 loss is irrational, after a few in a row it becomes quite comical, 22 playoff appearances in a row and 4 cups in that time and still going strong. Relaxxxxx !!

#199 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 08:01 PM

I don't know why I really bother anymore, but... allowed to leave? He had a decent season during which he had stretches of brutal inconsistency and ended up being most productive on the 3rd line. He nevertheless demanded good money and top-six minutes, which no team was willing to give him until New Jersey started scrambling and decided to give him a chance. In no way did Cleary figure into this, and nothing could be done about Samuelsson or Bertuzzi. Brunner was replaced by Alfredsson, who has thus far been vastly more effective.

Sometimes it seems that you invent fantasies to justify complaint.

#200 Mike J.

Mike J.

Rookie

• Pip
  • 192 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 08:01 PM

Tootoo is the only interesting player to watch right now. Everyone's looking sloppy tonight