Posted 23 October 2013 - 08:03 PM

tatar has been our best forward

#202 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,516 posts

We just don't get those second chances.  One shot, rebound goes to the other team. Just like last year.

Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#203 puckbags

puckbags

The Future

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,600 posts
  • Location:Cobble Hill, BC, Canada ( 2,522 Miles from the Joe)

I don't know why I really bother anymore, but... allowed to leave? He had a decent season during which he had stretches of brutal inconsistency and ended up being most productive on the 3rd line. He nevertheless demanded good money and top-six minutes, which no team was willing to give him until New Jersey started scrambling and decided to give him a chance. In no way did Cleary figure into this, and nothing could be done about Samuelsson or Bertuzzi. Brunner was replaced by Alfredsson, who has thus far been vastly more effective.

Sometimes it seems that you invent fantasies to justify complaint.

I invent fantasies too..they arent about hockey though 

"Hard Work Beats Talent When Talent Refuses to Work Hard"

LGW after 1 loss is irrational, after a few in a row it becomes quite comical, 22 playoff appearances in a row and 4 cups in that time and still going strong. Relaxxxxx !!

#204 GoWings1905

GoWings1905

Legend

• Gold Booster
  • 5,226 posts

Tatar looks great. Skates hard and drives to the net.

"To whom much is given, much is expected."

#205 BottleOfSmoke

BottleOfSmoke

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,962 posts

I don't know why I really bother anymore, but... allowed to leave? He had a decent season during which he had stretches of brutal inconsistency and ended up being most productive on the 3rd line. He nevertheless demanded good money and top-six minutes, which no team was willing to give him until New Jersey started scrambling and decided to give him a chance. In no way did Cleary figure into this, and nothing could be done about Samuelsson or Bertuzzi. Brunner was replaced by Alfredsson, who has thus far been vastly more effective.

Count me in as another one who is OVER the Brunner discussion. I wanted him back more than most, but I think some people are rewriting history in their head. He was given multiple offers by the Wings, and CHOSE to move on. End of story.

LGWsig_zpsa75c5d1e.jpg

#206 kipwinger

kipwinger

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,561 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 08:05 PM

What did Mickey say about Helm a few minutes ago?

GMRwings:  "Well, in other civilized countries, 16 years old isn't considered underage.  For instance, I believe the age of consent is 16 in Canada.  There's some US states where it's 16 as well.  

Get off the high horse.  Not like she was 10."

"Some girls are 17 even though they look 25."

#207 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,516 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 08:05 PM

And plays bigger than his size.  

Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#208 GoWings1905

GoWings1905

Legend

• Gold Booster
  • 5,226 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 08:06 PM

Babs should cut Cleary again.

"To whom much is given, much is expected."

#209 Richdg

Richdg

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,938 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 08:07 PM

No, the "excuse" for not getting Ryan is that he cost a lot. The Ducks got two of the Senators' three best prospects---one of whom thus far has as many goals as Ryan does---plus a 1st in the upcoming draft. But yes, it's true that Ryan also had a dismal series against the Wings.

This just in. Quality players cost a lot! yes, all of the various RW news/rumors sites said that "Holland wasn't interested because he was concerned about his compete level". But then again you know this. You just don't want to admit that Ryan is a superior player to the 4 guys I mentioned combined! which I predicted before the season.

#210 datterberg1340

datterberg1340

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,361 posts

so it's probably about time that Babs sends him back down, then

you know, for more seasoning

#211 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,656 posts

Why not give him top 6 minutes and good money?  I'd rather overpay him by $1 million than pay Cleary what he's making, and have him playing occasional top 6 minutes. Or for that matter, playing any minutes at all.

The Sammy/Bertuzzi thing is me taking a shot at Holland for signing Sammy to that contract a year ago.  Bertuzzi isn't bad, but he's too inconsistent and doesn't add to our team speed.  He's big, but doesn't scare opponents anymore.  He's also taking up a roster spot, and has been for years.    

It's not a coincidence that Brunner is gone, while Tatar and Nyquist are scrambling to stay in the lineup.  Meanwhile, at least two out of the three old men are playing every game.  Our young players have to wait forever to get roster spots, while old players wait forever before they're phased out of the lineup.  Holland is mismanaging the team right now.  I know you'll mention his past successes, but right now, he's not that good a GM.  

According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#212 dat's sick

dat's sick

Fear can hold you prisoner, hope can set you free

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,332 posts

Hrmph. That 4th goal just killed us. Looked like it was reasonably likely we could come back before that. Ottawa haven't had enough chances to warrant 4 goals, but that's the way it goes sometimes. Defense has been sloppy, kind of an expected risk with new d-pairings. 

What's worrying is the extreme difficulty we have lately with creating any sustained offensive pressure. If our 1st line isn't pulling magic out of the bag we're not doing much.. 

Nyquist + Helm will help, but will it really solve things? I hope Weiss can soon become someone we see more consistently on the scoresheet, we need 40-50 points out of him..

#213 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,999 posts

RAFALSKI!

Oh, did I say that out loud? I've decided to watch this game in my head.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#214 DRW Dominance

DRW Dominance

Yzerman=God

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,331 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 08:08 PM

this game is disgusting.  when we look bad we look really bad.  no heart or intensity. 

where's the hits from abby, cleary, bert, franzen the floater....no forecheck at all.

naked is a state of mind

#215 ShanahanMan

ShanahanMan

DUUUUUUUUH

• Silver Booster
  • 5,650 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 08:09 PM

Annnnnnnd right into the chest. 

I HATE JASON WILLIAMS

#216 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,656 posts

this game is disgusting.  when we look bad we look really bad.  no heart or intensity. 

where's the hits from abby, cleary, bert, franzen the floater....no forecheck at all.

Abby is the only hitter on that list.  If you're expecting the other players you listed to hit, you've got another thing coming.  

According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#217 BottleOfSmoke

BottleOfSmoke

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,962 posts

RAFALSKI!

Oh, did I say that out loud? I've decided to watch this game in my head.

I don't know what game you're watching, but Yzerman just scored on a beauty of a pass from Fedorov in the game I'm watching.

LGWsig_zpsa75c5d1e.jpg

#218 marcaractac

marcaractac

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,324 posts

This just in. Quality players cost a lot! yes, all of the various RW news/rumors sites said that "Holland wasn't interested because he was concerned about his compete level". But then again you know this. You just don't want to admit that Ryan is a superior player to the 4 guys I mentioned combined! which I predicted before the season.

Yeah, until the playoffs roll around. 

#219 DRW Dominance

DRW Dominance

Yzerman=God

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,331 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 08:10 PM

ferraro just said helm is out again with a groin??

naked is a state of mind

#220 kipwinger

kipwinger

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,561 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 08:11 PM

Would it kill our defensemen to knock off the asinine stretch passes from deep in our zone and perhaps carry the puck up the ice before hitting a forward in flight?

GMRwings:  "Well, in other civilized countries, 16 years old isn't considered underage.  For instance, I believe the age of consent is 16 in Canada.  There's some US states where it's 16 as well.  

Get off the high horse.  Not like she was 10."

"Some girls are 17 even though they look 25."