• Please log in to reply
386 replies to this topic

#221 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 08:11 PM

Cleary belongs in the beer leagues. He can barely move out there.

#222 fat guy in a maltby jersey

fat guy in a maltby jersey

3rd Line Checker

• Restricted
  • PipPip
  • 366 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 08:12 PM

ESDz2VX.png

#223 Detroit # 1 Fan

Detroit # 1 Fan

Truculence.

• HoF Booster
  • 19,080 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 08:12 PM

Tatar and Tootoo have stood out tonight outside of the top line, that's never a good thing. Honestly wouldn't mind Gus starting against the Rangers on Saturday either, save Howard for out West to see if he can get on a role.

#NOMOREKINDL

#224 MotorCityMadness

MotorCityMadness

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,663 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 08:14 PM

I don't know what game you're watching, but Yzerman just scored on a beauty of a pass from Fedorov in the game I'm watching.

I had Shanny and Hull scoring on picture perfect one timers on consecutive PP's in mine...Lidstrom had assists on both
HEY HEY HOCKEYTOWN!

#225 brett

brett

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,104 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 08:15 PM

still only have one scoring line. the other lines only score if the other team f***s up. i have to say ive noticed franzen a lot more at center. can weiss not play wing? he must feel like s*** being a leading scorer first liner on florida now playing 3rd line not doing s*** here. 

#226 Kmahrle83

Kmahrle83

Wings 4 Life!

• Pip
  • 118 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 08:16 PM

I had Shanny and Hull scoring on picture perfect one timers on consecutive PP's in mine...Lidstrom had assists on both

Oh yeah?  Well each one of the russian 5 has a goal in the game I'm watching!

Lets go RED WINGS!!!

#227 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 08:17 PM

Compete level. wasn't that the excuse for not getting Ryan? Who btw has 5 goals in 8+ games, is 26, RHed, makes 5.2 million and has 1 year after this on his contract. Versus Alfie, Cleary, tatar, and Nyquist who combined have 2 goals and cost us about 8.5 million this year.

I am not one that thinks Holland makes a lot of mistakes, but this is a big one. We are a scoring challenged team, and Ryan puts in 30+ every full year.

This just in. Quality players cost a lot! yes, all of the various RW news/rumors sites said that "Holland wasn't interested because he was concerned about his compete level". But then again you know this. You just don't want to admit that Ryan is a superior player to the 4 guys I mentioned combined! which I predicted before the season.

By "various RW news/rumors sites," perhaps you mean Helene St. James. She is the sole individual who stated that.

Given that of the four players you have referred to one has not played a game, another gets barely any playing time, and a third has more points than Ryan... well, screw it. I'm not going to bother.

ferraro just said helm is out again with a groin??

Helm has always had a groin. I suspect most players do.

#228 DRW Dominance

DRW Dominance

Yzerman=God

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,331 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 08:17 PM

Abby is the only hitter on that list.  If you're expecting the other players you listed to hit, you've got another thing coming.  

they can they just don't....u can add miller and tootoo to that as well.  mind you i'll give tootoo a pass cause he brings it pretty much every night.

naked is a state of mind

#229 sjr2012

sjr2012

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,225 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 08:18 PM

I have no idea what we are going to do when Eaves gets back

Edited by sjr2012, 23 October 2013 - 08:27 PM.

try to get something by me i dare you

:goalie:

#230 Richdg

Richdg

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,994 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 08:18 PM

By "various RW news/rumors sites," perhaps you mean Helene St. James. She is the sole individual who stated that.

Given that of the four players you have referred to one has not played a game, another gets barely any playing time, and a third has more points than Ryan... well, screw it. I'm not going to bother.

Are you really going to compare secondary assists to goals scored? really? ya tatar and nyquist are so great and such key parts of our team, we can't possibly trade them for a proven and young goal scorer. that would make no sense what so ever.

Now I have that off of my chest for a while. Water under the bridge. Nothing can be done about it......at least for another 18 months.........

#231 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,941 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 08:20 PM

What the deuce happened? After a ling day this is what I come home to? Who is responsible for this debauchery?

#232 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,128 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 08:20 PM

Nyquist + Helm will help, but will it really solve things?

Probably not. And that's troubling.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#233 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,959 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 08:21 PM

What the deuce happened? After a ling day this is what I come home to? Who is responsible for this debauchery?

Ultimately.......

72102921_crop_650x440.jpg?1308519373

According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#234 kipwinger

kipwinger

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,343 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 08:23 PM

Haha dude you can't give up.  The internet rules clearly state that if you don't make common sense points over and over ad nauseam, those very points are thus invalid.  So the choice is simply, admit Ryan is better than four guys or keep arguing until you're exhausted.

GMRwings:  "Well, in other civilized countries, 16 years old isn't considered underage.  For instance, I believe the age of consent is 16 in Canada.  There's some US states where it's 16 as well.  

Get off the high horse.  Not like she was 10."

"Some girls are 17 even though they look 25."

#235 MotorCityMadness

MotorCityMadness

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,663 posts

Oh yeah?  Well each one of the russian 5 has a goal in the game I'm watching!

Ahh the good ole days...now we get to watch guys like Cleary and Samuelsson
HEY HEY HOCKEYTOWN!

#236 marcaractac

marcaractac

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,394 posts

Are you really going to compare secondary assists to goals scored? really? ya tatar and nyquist are so great and such key parts of our team, we can't possibly trade them for a proven and young goal scorer. that would make no sense what so ever.

Now I have that off of my chest for a while. Water under the bridge. Nothing can be done about it......at least for another 18 months.........

You do realize that more often than not goals have to be setup by team mates right? how many of ryan's 5 goals are unassisted? how many of those does he score without a team mate to pass it to him? 

#237 Hockeymom1960

Hockeymom1960

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,678 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 08:24 PM

Goal off Homer from a blast from the blue by Lids.

#238 kipwinger

kipwinger

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,343 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 08:25 PM

In an effort to salvage this game, I think Babs should shuffle the lines at least two or three more times in the third.  Other than Pavs, Hank, and Kronwall, every player is just as good as every other players.  Our entire team is interchangeable from game to game.

GMRwings:  "Well, in other civilized countries, 16 years old isn't considered underage.  For instance, I believe the age of consent is 16 in Canada.  There's some US states where it's 16 as well.  

Get off the high horse.  Not like she was 10."

"Some girls are 17 even though they look 25."

#239 dat's sick

dat's sick

Fear can hold you prisoner, hope can set you free

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,352 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 08:25 PM

The Cleary signing is looking worse and worse. I've actually thought he's been okay, but we desperately need Nyquist in the lineup and Cleary's stopping that. Is it terrible that I'm wishing for something minor like a broken pinky to put him on LTIR? Sorry. 

We shouldn't be getting killed like this in the scoring department. After our 2 goal lead in Phoenix we've been outscored 9-1, not including losing a shootout. The dynamic needs to change. If that means splitting up Z and D, so be it. 

Franzen-Zetterberg-Alfredsson

Bertuzzi-Datsyuk-Tatar

Cleary-Weiss-Abdelkader

Miller-Andersson-Tootoo

Try it...until Nyquist comes and saves us.

#240 MotorCityMadness

MotorCityMadness

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,663 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 08:26 PM

Can't wait to here Babs' take of the 1st two periods
HEY HEY HOCKEYTOWN!