• Please log in to reply
386 replies to this topic

#341 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,095 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 09:12 PM

man I have this terrible feeling that the Rangers will decide to stop sucking Saturday night

also just saw that they haven't even played a home game yet, that's crazy

9 game road trip to start the year, and so far they're 2-5

Construction on their arena, I thinbk they start with something like 15 straight road games

#342 datterberg1340

datterberg1340

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,361 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 09:15 PM

Construction on their arena, I thinbk they start with something like 15 straight road games

oh ok, that makes sense

hope the Wings don't get into a similar situation when their new building gets done

#343 RedWingsRox

RedWingsRox

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,108 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 09:17 PM

Holy SHEET!  WTF?  I heard on the radio that we were down 3-1, then found a stream and it was 4-1 ... and then found out final score.  Houston ... we got a problem.  What the hell is wrong with Howie?  

#344 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

Part 3: Return of the Hammer Hands

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,179 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 09:20 PM

Holy SHEET!  WTF?  I heard on the radio that we were down 3-1, then found a stream and it was 4-1 ... and then found out final score.  Houston ... we got a problem.  What the hell is wrong with Howie?  

Unlike the gqme agqinst the Sharks, our boys decided to not block shots and screen Howard so he had no chance. Pathetic effort this evening.

Free darkmanx!

"I play hockey, but I am not very good.  Can someone please tell me what it would take to sign with the Wings ? I can use a million or two."  ~ arag

#345 Sgt. Angry

Sgt. Angry

Sgt. Angry

• PipPipPip
  • 645 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 09:23 PM

Completely disagree with Mick and his talk about how its good the crowd hasn't boo'd like most crowds would at this point.

Fact is, the Wings played crap this game and looked lackadaisical and apathetic for half the game.  If any time, this is one of those times the fans should give them a little boo, if not for the play itself (which deserves it) at least it might light a little fire under their asses.

Notice that Mickey said that late enough in the game that there wasn't any crowd left to boo. Most of the crowd at the Joe any more seems to be face-painted 8 year olds, who don't know what the score is anyway!

Watch out!!!! - it's the Sheik ---- and he's got an object!!!!

#346 datterberg1340

datterberg1340

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,361 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 09:27 PM

I wonder if there are any Sens fans sporting very broad smiles tonight....

#347 Rainman56

Rainman56

Jr. Prospect

• 15 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 09:31 PM

Bertuzzi isn't bad, but he's too inconsistent and doesn't add to our team speed.  He's big, but doesn't scare opponents anymore.  He's also taking up a roster spot, and has been for years.      

This.Bertuzzi is done.Been wanting him gone for a couple years now.Simply too slow,especially come playoff time he,s taking up a roster spot on a team that could use some more speed.

#348 larionov_8

larionov_8

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 433 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 09:41 PM

This.Bertuzzi is done.Been wanting him gone for a couple years now.Simply too slow,especially come playoff time he,s taking up a roster spot on a team that could use some more speed.

The one thing he does seem to be doing is going to the net and creating space for Dats/Zetterberg...mainly by interfering with the other team. So his size is an asset, assuming he can get himself there.

Much as I don't like to see Tootoo go, I expect they'll waive him and possibly Samuelsson too. I think that would give us room enough for Helm and he'd definitely add some speed to our bottom 6, along with Eaves. Just needs to stay healthy!

#349 Based

Based

Draftee

• 10 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 09:53 PM

Clearys a d***** bag for not signing with Philly, didn't even watch the game but see a lot of hate for cleary, what line did tats end up on at the end?

#350 wingfan1991

wingfan1991

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,738 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 09:59 PM

Wow that was painful to watch just one of those nights just hate when it happens at home.

#351 WingsAlways

WingsAlways

Grind Line 2.0

• PipPip
  • 327 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 10:08 PM

Franzen is lazy and he sucks

We like our team

Our PP is our enforcer

We hit the JUCKf****** POT realgud

Did I miss any?

Smith on the first pairing with Kronwall

We don't need Brunner, let him walk

Derniel Ferken Clerehy

"Wow Chicago, you've won four Stanley Cups? Me too! - Kris Draper"

#352 esteef

esteef

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 8,874 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 10:12 PM

This loss was worth it to see Babs give Tatar some time with Dats.  Tatar - Datsyuk - Zetterberg!!

esteef

"The Wings haven't won a Cup without Darren McCarty since 1955."

#353 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 16,871 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 10:27 PM

I went back to find this.  Franzen has a shot now.  :champs:

According to the box scores on NHL.com and ESPN.com he didn't register one, which makes over 6 periods without a shot on goal.

#354 RedWang

RedWang

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,211 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 10:33 PM

I will say Tatar was by far the only one who showed up tn. Carried pucks in, drove to the net, got many shots on goal, forechecked hard, threw his weight around, battled and created many scoring chances. He tried his best to win this game by himself. If he doesnt earn a 2nd line spot or atleast, a full time roster spot then ive lost all faith in Babs n Kenny.

#355 DeGraa55

DeGraa55

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,466 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 10:44 PM

I will say Tatar was by far the only one who showed up tn. Carried pucks in, drove to the net, got many shots on goal, forechecked hard, threw his weight around, battled and created many scoring chances. He tried his best to win this game by himself. If he doesnt earn a 2nd line spot or atleast, a full time roster spot then ive lost all faith in Babs n Kenny.

Well that's the issue. If you look good out there the only thing you earn is a spot in the minors or on the bench. Now he will be scratched for five games.

#356 Echolalia

Echolalia

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,866 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 10:50 PM

Tatar had a couple low-percentage shots like much of the rest of the team, a drive to the net from the outside with a defender breathing down his back that was impressive and resulted in a solid scoring chance, and several offensive zone turnovers, including a couple times when he was trying to deke a defender at the blueline, only to have the puck knocked off his stick. 

I don't think he played as well as he did against the Sharks, but I still think it was a better effort than his first game.  But then again, the entire team played comically poor tonight.

Babs has been alternating Tatar and Sammuelson after losses or poor performances.  I don't know that Tatar played well enough (particularly defensively; note the turnovers) to ensure he's in the lineup on Saturday, but I also think that his tenacity was well on display tonight, which is was sorely lacking from the team as a whole.  I hope to see him on the ice against the Rangers.

Edited by Echolalia, 23 October 2013 - 10:51 PM.

#357 RedWang

RedWang

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,211 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 11:01 PM

Tatar had a couple low-percentage shots like much of the rest of the team, a drive to the net from the outside with a defender breathing down his back that was impressive and resulted in a solid scoring chance, and several offensive zone turnovers, including a couple times when he was trying to deke a defender at the blueline, only to have the puck knocked off his stick. 
I don't think he played as well as he did against the Sharks, but I still think it was a better effort than his first game.  But then again, the entire team played comically poor tonight.
Babs has been alternating Tatar and Sammuelson after losses or poor performances.  I don't know that Tatar played well enough (particularly defensively; note the turnovers) to ensure he's in the lineup on Saturday, but I also think that his tenacity was well on display tonight, which is was sorely lacking from the team as a whole.  I hope to see him on the ice against the Rangers.

I suppose youre right, i guess i just witnessed such piss poor play tonight my mind inly let me notice the things he did right, which was seemingly more than the rest of the team could say. Even Pasha was invisible tn, which i havent seen...well... ever.

Edited by RedWang, 23 October 2013 - 11:03 PM.

#358 pucktividi

pucktividi

the usual suspect

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,330 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 11:30 PM

Wow just woke up and saw the result :eh:

Don't know if I'm gonna watch the replay later today...did we suck that badly?

#359 kipwinger

kipwinger

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,567 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 11:38 PM

Wow just woke up and saw the result :eh:

Don't know if I'm gonna watch the replay later today...did we suck that badly?

It was pretty brutal.  Everyone not named Tatar skated like they were on mud.  Everyone else half assed most of their shifts.  And to top it all off, Babcock changed the lines about twice a period.  Justin Abdelkader actually played on all four lines tonight at one time or another. 

GMRwings:  "Well, in other civilized countries, 16 years old isn't considered underage.  For instance, I believe the age of consent is 16 in Canada.  There's some US states where it's 16 as well.  

Get off the high horse.  Not like she was 10."

"Some girls are 17 even though they look 25."

#360 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 11:41 PM

Time for a mini awards ceremoy!

Best Forward: Tomas Tatar. The entire team had an off night, but Tatar was certainly the most visible. He skated well, made some nice moves to the net, and even laid down a nice czeck along the boards at one point. If there's a blessing in disguise to this game, it's that Babcock finally gave the kid more of a chance to show his stuff. Seriously, Babs, czeck this guy out! He's the real deal! 

Worst Forward: Daniel Cleary. Sure, I may be biased---my new sig (thanks, Mabus!) says as much---but Cleary really did have a dreadful game. More, he is arguably the single person on this roster who contributes virtually nothing on a regular basis; he isn't even able to grind anymore. If there's another silver lining to the loss, it's that Babcock might have noticed this.

Best Defenseman: Jakub Kindl. Sadly, I exhausted my repertoire of Czeck jokes on Tatar. Anyway, Kindl had a pretty decent game, all told, while his compatriots in the blue line corps did not. In other news, it seems Jakub Kindl led all skaters in ice time in Monday's game against the Sharks; at a shade over 26 minutes, he played almost three minutes more than anyone else on either team. Who knew? Not bad at all.

Worst Defenseman: Everyone else. None of them had a terrible game, per say, but they all played poorly.

Game Grade: D. This was an affair summed up by ineffectual play, endless line-juggling, and persistent frustration. Very little went right. That said, it could rightly be argued that the bounces absolutely went the way of the Senators, and that keeps the mark out of 'F' territory. But seriously, what a terrible game to watch for Red Wings fans.

Fictional character best personified by the team's performance in this game: Wile E. Coyote. Lots of speed and cunning, coupled with terrible execution and comically bad luck.

Edited by Crymson, 23 October 2013 - 11:52 PM.