• Please log in to reply
386 replies to this topic

#361 frankgrimes

frankgrimes

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,825 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 01:06 AM

Worst game of the season by far. Games like this are showing perfectly why a tough as nails is needed. After being down by three goals and obviously the top players are all having an off night an energy line can swing the momentum, either with delivering a big hit, a fight or just starting stuff out there. Everbody knew, the Senators would be extremely motivated to win this game, the DetroitRedWings did not match that effort but whatever just it is just one game. On the other hand if this is the start of a bigger losing streak Kenny might finally see the obvious and move out some veterans.

kftx.jpg

The Offseason of truth ...

Welcome to hockeytown Jonas aka Lundquist 2 Gustavsson!

blank cheque for The Captain or Jim Star Nil please..

#362 redhasek2013

redhasek2013

Prospect

• 35 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 02:01 AM

Red Wings need to make a few Trades this team can't play together. This is the New NHL and they need to start playing every game or run the risk of missing the Playoffs. 

#363 MabusIncarnate

MabusIncarnate

The Truth Is Out There

• Silver Booster Mod
  • 2,205 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 02:11 AM

Red Wings need to make a few Trades this team can't play together. This is the New NHL and they need to start playing every game or run the risk of missing the Playoffs. 

Eh it's still super early in the season to make that determination and this team still has a winning record. 

Games like this are gonna happen, lucky bounces, bad luck goaltending, sometimes things just don't click. It isn't the time to panic and rebuild, it's time to move on from this one bad game and see what the next brings.

13585921555_24551f5658.jpg

#364 Shaman

Shaman

Die hard Red Wing fan and realist.

• Silver Booster
  • 3,841 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 02:38 AM

Worst game of the season by far. Games like this are showing perfectly why a tough as nails is needed. After being down by three goals and obviously the top players are all having an off night an energy line can swing the momentum, either with delivering a big hit, a fight or just starting stuff out there. Everbody knew, the Senators would be extremely motivated to win this game, the DetroitRedWings did not match that effort but whatever just it is just one game. On the other hand if this is the start of a bigger losing streak Kenny might finally see the obvious and move out some veterans.

No, having scoring depth can better address that problem. IE don't have 1/4 of your team be named Cleary, Samuelson and Bertuzzi.

Feuer und Wasser kommt nicht zusammen
Kann man nicht binden sind nicht verwandt
In Funken versunken steh ich in Flammen
und bin im Wasser verbrannt
Im Wasser verbrannt

#365 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,135 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 05:58 AM

Eh it's still super early in the season to make that determination and this team still has a winning record. 

Games like this are gonna happen, lucky bounces, bad luck goaltending, sometimes things just don't click. It isn't the time to panic and rebuild, it's time to move on from this one bad game and see what the next brings.

But this is lgw, the place where the panic buttons reign freely, and the desire to say I told you so is so sweet for the naysayers

#366 frankgrimes

frankgrimes

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,825 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 06:18 AM

No, having scoring depth can better address that problem. IE don't have 1/4 of your team be named Cleary, Samuelson and Bertuzzi.

Hardly in the same way, an energy line can provide things scoring depth doesn't. I am really starting to wonder about the identity of this team?
- they aren't a powerhouse
- they aren't anything close to a blue collar team
- they aren't young
- they aren't tough
- they aren't playing a run and gun style
- they aren't playing a defense first kind of system

so it is really hard figuring out, what the real identity of this team is? Ryan has shown last night how a good UFA signing looks like not an over the hill Alfie or a guy who was injured for almost a full season..while having guys that should be playing in the miniors.

but trading at this point of the season is hard, because everyone will know the team is desperate and once that happens Kenny is dealing from a position of weakness but this is his team, so he is also responsible for returning them to be the class of the NHL again. I think this will be another season with some great and some miserable games = fighting for the playoffs.

kftx.jpg

The Offseason of truth ...

Welcome to hockeytown Jonas aka Lundquist 2 Gustavsson!

blank cheque for The Captain or Jim Star Nil please..

#367 dat's sick

dat's sick

Fear can hold you prisoner, hope can set you free

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,335 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 07:04 AM

Hardly in the same way, an energy line can provide things scoring depth doesn't. I am really starting to wonder about the identity of this team? - they aren't a powerhouse - they aren't anything close to a blue collar team - they aren't young - they aren't tough - they aren't playing a run and gun style - they aren't playing a defense first kind of system so it is really hard figuring out, what the real identity of this team is? Ryan has shown last night how a good UFA signing looks like not an over the hill Alfie or a guy who was injured for almost a full season..while having guys that should be playing in the miniors. but trading at this point of the season is hard, because everyone will know the team is desperate and once that happens Kenny is dealing from a position of weakness but this is his team, so he is also responsible for returning them to be the class of the NHL again. I think this will be another season with some great and some miserable games = fighting for the playoffs.

Ryan (who is good but streaky) was a trade though, not an UFA signing. They gave up a very good prospect in Silfverberg for him. Alfie's been great and he will be huge in the playoffs I bet. Weiss.. we'll he's maybe not moving in the right direction as fast as I hoped, but it's early going. He's a great example of the hypocracy of Wings fans though. "Make a trade Holland! Shake things up! Trade Filppula!". And though it wasn't technically a trade, signing Weiss instead was the same thing as a trade. Now that Weiss isn't tearing it up people are starting to say we should have kept Filppula or Holland shouldn't have taken a chance on a guy that just came back from serious injury. LOL. 

The identity of the team has sort of been in flux since Lidstrom left. We're still trying to be that puck possession, skilled team but it's hard for us to do that with the players we have. Like it or not, Filppula kind of fit into that style of play better than Weiss does. Atleast so far, hopefully Weiss finds a way to fit into the system. Having Nyquist in the lineup would also help tremendously as he's good at holding onto the puck. On defense we need all our bodies healthy. Kronner, E and Dekeyser are the guys that CAN play the style of hockey we need them to. Kindl is close, but still makes to many bad plays with the puck unfortunately. Quincey and Smith and Lashoff are not good enough at it, which is why I'd like to see Almqvist get a chance in the #6 spot. Even if he makes defensive errors he might be able to make up for it with his puck-moving skills. 

As for our energy line: when we get Helm back: Abdelkader-Helm-Miller/Tootoo. Imo. Down the line I'd love to see Abdelkader-Helm-Glendening. 

#368 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

Part 3: Return of the Hammer Hands

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,195 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 07:32 AM

According to the box scores on NHL.com and ESPN.com he didn't register one, which makes over 6 periods without a shot on goal.

Maybe cause the shot he took that the goalie caught was going at least a foot wide.  :lol: @ Mule.

"I play hockey, but I am not very good.  Can someone please tell me what it would take to sign with the Wings ? I can use a million or two."  ~ arag

Dan Cleary is an Xbox 360.  While good for a while, it's time for the new generation to take over.

#369 amato

amato

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,627 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 07:50 AM

But this is lgw, the place where the panic buttons reign freely, and the desire to say I told you so is so sweet for the naysayers

panic button, post button.. they're the same thing right?

Datsyukian

Dat·syu·ki·an [dat-soo-kee-uh n]

adjective

1. When your moves are so amazing and beyond reason, the only way to describe them is "datsyukian."

#370 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

Part 3: Return of the Hammer Hands

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,195 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 08:00 AM

You mean like our 3rd line from the playoffs and half the season last year of Nyquist-Andersson-Brunner?  That's why our 3rd line needs to be Tatar-Helm-Nyquist once Helm comes back.  Weiss needs to mesh with someone and hopefully fast.  It's been 11 games now, he's gotta get some chemistry going and get some points.  Dare I say he move to the wing with Z and Dats and the 2nd line be Alfredsson-Mule-Tuzzi/Abs?  Franzen is way better at center than wing.  He said it himself and it's on MLive, he gets in the game more and keeps his feet moving more at center and it's very apparent out there.  We definitely need to let the likes of Cleary and Miller go and Tuzzi and Sammy will be done after this season anyways.  Lets hope that our GR boys that won the championship fill the voids left instead of bridge the gap signings again.  I want more Nyquist, Tatar, Jurco types to come up and learn full time from Dats and Z before they're gone.  Watching game tape isn't as effective as getting in the line up and on the ice with them.

"I play hockey, but I am not very good.  Can someone please tell me what it would take to sign with the Wings ? I can use a million or two."  ~ arag

Dan Cleary is an Xbox 360.  While good for a while, it's time for the new generation to take over.

#371 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 08:13 AM

We all notice Franzen when he plays center. Not sure what his face-off stats are, but if they're decent work him there. I think Babcock wants his offense but that's not happening anyway so put him in a defensive role for now.
Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#372 ben_usmc

ben_usmc

Kenny Powers Fan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,818 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 08:33 AM

I think Bert has looked good.  The other 2 were pathetic signing by Holland, especially Cleary....

There's no I in team, but there's a U in c***, so don't be little jealous c***s

#373 wingfan1991

wingfan1991

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,738 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 08:36 AM

All I gotta say is wow I cannot stand Weiss wtf is wrong with this signing? Emmerton is WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY better.. how is this guy a 5 year 5M man??? He's got nothing strength, skills, awareness nothing. Shocking bad signing here.. we lose Flip to this?

Edited by wingfan1991, 24 October 2013 - 08:42 AM.

#374 ben_usmc

ben_usmc

Kenny Powers Fan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,818 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 08:36 AM

We all notice Franzen when he plays center. Not sure what his face-off stats are, but if they're decent work him there. I think Babcock wants his offense but that's not happening anyway so put him in a defensive role for now.

I know this is at least the 2nd year where people have been clamoring for more Mule as a center.  Last year when he was center he was just as a effective, of course if it works Babcock says f*** ti. 

There's no I in team, but there's a U in c***, so don't be little jealous c***s

#375 Cloune

Cloune

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,196 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 08:51 AM

this game 

lSwAPqr.gif

#376 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,056 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 09:02 AM

- WIN LOSE IT FOR ALFIE

- I've a new name for these godawful Wings that we see every five games or so: The Detroit Tire Fires. Genius, right?

- I am so incredibly bitter about this loss. Way to give all of Canada something to rub in the Wings' and their fans' collective face, you lazy bums

- Isn't our EXTRAORDINARY VETERAN LEADERSHIP supposed to prevent this kind of thing from happening? Along with, like, third period meltdowns against the Phoenix Coyotes?

- Melynk is so happy right now. Just think of that. And you owe it all to yourselves, Tire Fires

- Terrible. Just terrible

- Lundqvist isn't playing on Saturday, right? And he and the Rangers suck, right? Hey, there's another great should-win to drop. Remember: shoot straight into the chest from the perimeter and don't you dare make it to those juicy rebounds in time. Above all, make them look invincible

Don't Toews me, bro!

#377 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 11:19 AM

Since when do the Wings only have 12 players on the roster?

#378 jimmyemeryhunter

jimmyemeryhunter

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 900 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 12:00 PM

Everyone needs to calm down.
We have a few of these games every year, and we have as long as I can remember.
Nothing goes right, everyone gives up, we get blown out.
The horse had a bad race, it didnt break its legs, so put down the gun.

#379 HolyMackerel

HolyMackerel

Jr. Prospect

• 24 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 12:12 PM

6 - 1 loss at home?

SERENITY NOW! SERENITY NOW!

#380 joesuffP

joesuffP

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,932 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 12:48 PM

This is Holland's fault. He built a team that made us unable to have the best players play. If we missed the playoffs he should be fired but we won't. The problem will be solved soon enough but Holland's godlike status as been tarnished in my eyes. Some absolutely awful signings and handcuffing the team will do that.