• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
FlashyG

10/23 GDT: Senators 6 at Red Wings 1

Rate this topic

- WIN LOSE IT FOR ALFIE

- I've a new name for these godawful Wings that we see every five games or so: The Detroit Tire Fires. Genius, right?

- I am so incredibly bitter about this loss. Way to give all of Canada something to rub in the Wings' and their fans' collective face, you lazy bums

- Isn't our EXTRAORDINARY VETERAN LEADERSHIP supposed to prevent this kind of thing from happening? Along with, like, third period meltdowns against the Phoenix Coyotes?

- Melynk is so happy right now. Just think of that. And you owe it all to yourselves, Tire Fires

- Terrible. Just terrible

- Lundqvist isn't playing on Saturday, right? And he and the Rangers suck, right? Hey, there's another great should-win to drop. Remember: shoot straight into the chest from the perimeter and don't you dare make it to those juicy rebounds in time. Above all, make them look invincible

Guest Crymson

No, having scoring depth can better address that problem. IE don't have 1/4 of your team be named Cleary, Samuelson and Bertuzzi.

Since when do the Wings only have 12 players on the roster?

This is Holland's fault. He built a team that made us unable to have the best players play. If we missed the playoffs he should be fired but we won't. The problem will be solved soon enough but Holland's godlike status as been tarnished in my eyes. Some absolutely awful signings and handcuffing the team will do that.

This is Holland's fault. He built a team that made us unable to have the best players play. If we missed the playoffs he should be fired but we won't. The problem will be solved soon enough but Holland's godlike status as been tarnished in my eyes. Some absolutely awful signings and handcuffing the team will do that.

I hate to say it, but last night wasn't really a personnel issue. And I'll even go so far as to say that our struggles, in general, aren't a personnel issue. I think "there's something bad in the water," if that makes any sense. I think we could have Vanek, Ryan, Suter, Parise and we still lose last night, and we still blow that third period lead to Phoenix, etc. I think all the players have to pick up their game, the coaches have to make adjustments to what they're doing (that doesn't necessarily mean incessantly changing up the line combinations), etc.

Now, because I like to be objective (um, sort of), here's one thing no one talks about: fatigue. We're really high on our postseason streak, but we never consider the possible disadvantages of having such a streak - such as the fact that we're always playing into at least the second round. Maybe I'm reaching, but that's the only sorta solid explanation I have for why the guys just flat-out s*** the bed on an almost regular basis. (I mean, aside from the business about the "bad water.") What I'm saying is I think our guys are generally more tired than other guys, because our season always goes at least halfway into the postseason. And then you add the Western Conference travel, our consistently veteran (read: old) roster, probably a little Franzen-esque arrogance ("The regular season is stupid. All these stupid bottom-feeder teams are stupid. Can we just fast-forward to the playoffs?"), the fact that we get checked a lot more than the average team (a consequence of our puck-possession system)...maybe we just give ourselves the night off every few games, sort of like a starting goalie who needs rest. Except, of course, we can't really do that. Or, we can, but we won't make the playoffs. Ultimate point being: getting younger is good.

You mean like our 3rd line from the playoffs and half the season last year of Nyquist-Andersson-Brunner? That's why our 3rd line needs to be Tatar-Helm-Nyquist once Helm comes back. Weiss needs to mesh with someone and hopefully fast. It's been 11 games now, he's gotta get some chemistry going and get some points. Dare I say he move to the wing with Z and Dats and the 2nd line be Alfredsson-Mule-Tuzzi/Abs? Franzen is way better at center than wing. He said it himself and it's on MLive, he gets in the game more and keeps his feet moving more at center and it's very apparent out there. We definitely need to let the likes of Cleary and Miller go and Tuzzi and Sammy will be done after this season anyways. Lets hope that our GR boys that won the championship fill the voids left instead of bridge the gap signings again. I want more Nyquist, Tatar, Jurco types to come up and learn full time from Dats and Z before they're gone. Watching game tape isn't as effective as getting in the line up and on the ice with them.

Yes, that would be a great hird line. Weiss needs to figure stuff out it's really as simple as that, he has had the pre-season and now 11 games into the season in order to learn the way Babcock wants him to play. I am hardly seeing he needs to understand everything but at least show signs of improvement right now he isgetting worse than better.

I am perfectly fine with a team fighting for a playoff spot but whats the point of having veterans taking away spots from young, promising players? Kenny has forgotten which players helped to keep the streak alive and give them some deserved spots.

The fourth line like I said needs to be revamped too best case would be having two over the top heavies and a third guy like Prust on such a line, that's three players who will generate energy and drop the gloves against everybody if needed, scoring can't replace the intangibles such a line would bring. Like many others I want our young guys learning from Z and Pasha before they are gone or way past heir prime.

You better start changing your outlook, because we don't compete with the Sharks anymore.

No we don't, but anytime I can see the sharks lose with a second left in the game, and for that last second loss to end their no losses in regulation streak, it is a good night for me. Would have been better if it was against a west coast team, but still made my night

No we don't, but anytime I can see the sharks lose with a second left in the game, and for that last second loss to end their no losses in regulation streak, it is a good night for me. Would have been better if it was against a west coast team, but still made my night

You're supposed to be rooting against Atlantic teams, ET. I blame you for the Bruins' win.

(Though it is nice to see someone end the Sharks' streak.)