• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
FlashyG

10/23 GDT: Senators 6 at Red Wings 1

Rate this topic

The replay really emphasizes Smith standing there watching Spezza score on the bounce. Ack. Why isn't Gus pulled? Not saying they're all on him, but he looks totally rattled.

That was Datsyuk's fault. He let Spezza skate past him, and didn't have his back turned to the play, unlike Smith.

Compete level. wasn't that the excuse for not getting Ryan? Who btw has 5 goals in 8+ games, is 26, RHed, makes 5.2 million and has 1 year after this on his contract. Versus Alfie, Cleary, tatar, and Nyquist who combined have 2 goals and cost us about 8.5 million this year.

I am not one that thinks Holland makes a lot of mistakes, but this is a big one. We are a scoring challenged team, and Ryan puts in 30+ every full year.

My mistake, I came in when it was 3-0 and saw some quick replays of the earlier goals. Didn't see it was Howard to start.

EDIT: And the replay they showed was an angle that didn't even show Datsyuk in the center, which is why I thought Smith made the mistake.

I don't know why anyone is suprised with our play this year..we are a very simliar team to last year. We will have 4 game winning streaks..we will have 4 game losing streaks..until we get faster ( Gus and Tatar ) this is the way it will be..we are a good team that will have to get hot at the right time of year again.

The top line is really the only one that generates consistent pressure. The bottom-six is just a jumbled combination of nothing. Remember how good the third line was in the playoffs?

Too bad Nyquist is in GR, while Brunner was allowed to leave.

Just so we could bring back Cleary and make room for Sammy and Bert, two guys Holland kept around too long.

Just so we could bring back Cleary and make room for Sammy and Bert, two guys Holland kept around too long.

Brunner was gone before cleary was ever resigned. it's been known almost all summer brunner wasnt coming back.

brunner is not here because of brunner, not holland.

Guest Crymson

Compete level. wasn't that the excuse for not getting Ryan? Who btw has 5 goals in 8+ games, is 26, RHed, makes 5.2 million and has 1 year after this on his contract. Versus Alfie, Cleary, tatar, and Nyquist who combined have 2 goals and cost us about 8.5 million this year.

I am not one that thinks Holland makes a lot of mistakes, but this is a big one. We are a scoring challenged team, and Ryan puts in 30+ every full year.

No, the "excuse" for not getting Ryan is that he cost a lot. The Ducks got two of the Senators' three best prospects---one of whom thus far has as many goals as Ryan does---plus a 1st in the upcoming draft. But yes, it's true that Ryan also had a dismal series against the Wings.

Bertuzzi's done exactly what we wanted and expected of him. I really don't have a problem with him in the lineup. Zetterberg-Datsyuk-Bertuzzi is a real-gud line.

I'm surprised with Bert..didnt think he could play with those guys..he's been good..he can't play top minutes all the time but in spurts he looks usable

Guest Crymson

I don't know why I really bother anymore, but... allowed to leave? He had a decent season during which he had stretches of brutal inconsistency and ended up being most productive on the 3rd line. He nevertheless demanded good money and top-six minutes, which no team was willing to give him until New Jersey started scrambling and decided to give him a chance. In no way did Cleary figure into this, and nothing could be done about Samuelsson or Bertuzzi. Brunner was replaced by Alfredsson, who has thus far been vastly more effective.

Sometimes it seems that you invent fantasies to justify complaint.