• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
cusimano_brothers

Edler Suspension Aftermath.

Rate this topic

ahha i could post 100s more. I just posted 3 clips that i found in about 4 seconds. Exploding high into hits has always been around, don'tf****** kid yourself.

If we're talking about the same kinds of hits, no they haven't. I can't tell if we're arguing semantics or not. I'm talking about hits where a player explodes upwards, his skates sometimes leaving the ice at impact, and a lot of energy is directed towards the head, often without much contact to the body. That became acceptable as a clean hit.

There may have been occasional hits like that but it certainly wasn't the prevalent hitting style like it had become. So no, I'm notf****** kidding myself.

On the other hand if you're talking about flying elbows and dirty hits or just headshots in general, then of course those have always been around to some degree. The game was much dirtier back in the day than it is now.

If we're talking about the same kinds of hits, no they haven't. I can't tell if we're arguing semantics or not. I'm talking about hits where a player explodes upwards, his skates sometimes leaving the ice at impact, and a lot of energy is directed towards the head, often without much contact to the body. That became acceptable as a clean hit.

There may have been occasional hits like that but it certainly wasn't the prevalent hitting style like it had become. So no, I'm notf****** kidding myself.

On the other hand if you're talking about flying elbows and dirty hits or just headshots in general, then of course those have always been around to some degree. The game was much dirtier back in the day than it is now.

Lol there have always been "explosion" hits. That is the point of a big hit, guys have always left their feet, I really don't know why this is even an argument. It really is just you saying "oh hey" it was different before and now its worse. No... now it is just a bigger deal thanks to the media.

Lol there have always been "explosion" hits. That is the point of a big hit, guys have always left their feet, I really don't know why this is even an argument. It really is just you saying "oh hey" it was different before and now its worse. No... now it is just a bigger deal thanks to the media.

It's ok. I'm confident in my memory of watching hockey for 30+ years. You obviously have a very different perception of it than I do. There's really no further point in discussing it.