Photo
- - - - -

Sabres' Scott offered in-person hearing.

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#21 Bring Back The Bruise Bros

Bring Back The Bruise Bros

RIP Probie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,534 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 01:59 PM

Raffi Torres

Raffi Torres is still around too, so I'm not sure what the point of this post was.
"Ice hockey is a form of disorderly conduct in which the score is kept."

RIP Bob Probert
RIP Wade Belak
RIP Derek Boogaard
RIP Rick Rypien

#22 dobbles

dobbles

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 864 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 02:48 PM

personally i feel this is getting blown out of proportion based on the bad rep scott has after the kessel incident. while the hit certainly was pushing boundaries, it wasn't super late, and its not like he had his elbow sticking straight out trying to clothesline someone. to me it was a reckless hit, not a dirty hit.

i don't like goons, am not particularly fond of fighting, and dislike scott from his days with the aeros in the ahl, but i just feel like he is being made an example of since he is a nobody.

I love Maltby, but to say he wasn't a ****** is a dis-service to his career of douchebaggery.

#23 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,413 posts

Posted 31 October 2013 - 08:01 PM

From NHL:

Buffalo Sabres forward John Scott has been suspended for seven games, without pay, for an illegal check to the head of Boston Bruins forward Loui Eriksson during NHL Game No. 138 in Buffalo on Wednesday, Oct. 23, the National Hockey League's Department of Player Safety announced today.

Buffalo will miss his "skill set".

"Mess up tomorrow, don't mess up now".

- Harry James Benson, CBE.

#24 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,415 posts

Posted 31 October 2013 - 08:23 PM

Raffi Torres is still around too, so I'm not sure what the point of this post was.

I was reaffirming what you said, just saying raffi Torres is allowed to play hockey still, but he shouldn't be.
I'm a Red Wing for the next three years and I'm going to make sure every team we play knows that.'' -- Jordin Tootoo

#25 Bring Back The Bruise Bros

Bring Back The Bruise Bros

RIP Probie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,534 posts

Posted 31 October 2013 - 10:34 PM

Too hefty. He's never been suspended before.
"Ice hockey is a form of disorderly conduct in which the score is kept."

RIP Bob Probert
RIP Wade Belak
RIP Derek Boogaard
RIP Rick Rypien

#26 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 16,556 posts

Posted 01 November 2013 - 09:13 AM

Too hefty. He's never been suspended before.

Given that he wasn't suspended before, it is pretty severe.  Though he did get a phonecall from Shanny after the Kessel incident.  And I'm guessing if they had a rule to suspend him on then, they would have.

The reality is Scott isn't even a hockey player.  And already this season he's jumped a star player in Kessel and now tried to brain another one in Eriksson. 

So you have a guy who can't play hockey trying to take out guys who can.

#27 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,415 posts

Posted 01 November 2013 - 10:31 AM

Given that he wasn't suspended before, it is pretty severe.  Though he did get a phonecall from Shanny after the Kessel incident.  And I'm guessing if they had a rule to suspend him on then, they would have.

The reality is Scott isn't even a hockey player.  And already this season he's jumped a star player in Kessel and now tried to brain another one in Eriksson. 

So you have a guy who can't play hockey trying to take out guys who can.

Survival of the fittest... Thinning the herd, he looks like a Neanderthal, so is it that hard to believe he thinks like one too? :)
I'm a Red Wing for the next three years and I'm going to make sure every team we play knows that.'' -- Jordin Tootoo