• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#21 wings87

wings87

Wake Up!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,016 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 10:52 PM

Patric Hornqvist has potential to be somewhat of a Homer-like player, if we ever made trades he might be someone to try and pry away from Nashville.

Huh. The only trades we make are no brainers like Quincy for a first rounder.

Edited by wings87, 25 October 2013 - 11:03 PM.

"He usually shows up when the game is over and tries to be the hero. Puts his cape on and goes and flies out there." ~ Franzen 

#22 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,916 posts

Posted 26 October 2013 - 06:00 AM

And we're missing the best defenseman of a generation like Lidstrom, and we're missing a power forward like Shanahan, and we're missing a big tough defenseman like Konstantinov, and we're missing a point man on the PP like Rafalski and we're missing PK's like Draper and Maltby, and we're missing a sniper like Hull and we're missing a tough guy with offensive skills like McCarty and we miss the playmaking skills of Larionov and on and on and on.  With the possible exception of Datsyuk and Zetterberg, who from the past wouldn't you rather have than anyone on the current team? 

Lebda

#23 frankgrimes

frankgrimes

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,307 posts

Posted 26 October 2013 - 06:41 AM

I think Holmer retirement has been one of the most underestimated for a long time, he brought something to the table which is really hard to replace. The guy gave his back for this club, doing a tough job in the toughest areas, obviously losing the perfect human did hurt more but losing Holmer was another tough loss.

We should be glad to at least have another few more years of Z and Pasha once they are gone or heavily over the hill, the future will be shallow :(

kftx.jpg

The Offseason of truth ...

Welcome to hockeytown Jonas aka Lundquist 2 Gustavsson!

blank cheque for The Captain or Jim Star Nil please..

<< Win it for Mr. Hockey !

#24 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,127 posts

Posted 26 October 2013 - 10:31 AM

We should be glad to at least have another few more years of Z and Pasha once they are gone or heavily over the hill, the future will be shallow :(

I'm all about the doom and gloom and pessimism, but honestly, I feel pretty good about our future.

Edited by Dabura, 26 October 2013 - 10:32 AM.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#25 Nev

Nev

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,085 posts

Posted 26 October 2013 - 11:22 AM

Honestly, I think the biggest loss of the last 5 years has been Lidstrom (obviously), Rafalski and Stuart on the back end.  For all the crap the latter two caught for "sucking" we're only now seeing the value of players of their caliber on the back end.  Having 4 quality defencemen, all of whom could move the puck, was such a huge part of the way we played.  Now we're lucky if our defencemen manage to chip the puck out the zone to centre ice.

"If I can be totally honest, it's not a lot of guys you get impressed by. Actually, it's no one else but him. From the bench, to see what move he makes -- you're like, 'I wish I could do that.' Sometimes you sit on the bench and just think, 'wow,' and you look over to the other bench and they sit there and shake their heads, too. He has great, great skills. I'm probably not going to play with another player who has the kind of skills he has." Mikael Samuelsson on Pavel Datsyuk