• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Dabura

Sweden Unveils Olympic Jerseys

Rate this topic

Did Nike design all of the uniforms for all countries? It's so consistently horrible country to country that it has to be done by one person.

Which begs the question: Why do other countries get forced into supporting an American company for an international competition?

Did Nike design all of the uniforms for all countries? It's so consistently horrible country to country that it has to be done by one person.

Which begs the question: Why do other countries get forced into supporting an American company for an international competition?

Disappointed Sweden always had one if not the best jersey but this one is meh, seriously Nike should just stop making them they are all bad. Also why do non american teams support an american company? Does not make sense to me.

Disappointed Sweden always had one if not the best jersey but this one is meh, seriously Nike should just stop making them they are all bad. Also why do non american teams support an american company? Does not make sense to me.

Nike must have a contract with the IOC or IIHF vs. with National Olympic committees like Roots or The Bay have had with Canada in the past.

I guess it is similar to the NHL where the teams can't source their own supplier for uniforms, the league would want some level of "uniformity" when it comes to jerseys, etc.

You guys don't like it? Maybe it's a little boring and already-done, but at least it's not, like, offensively bad (see: pretty much all the others that have been revealed so far). It has a genuinely classic feel, IMHO. I like it.

Yeah, it's funny to me how people always bemoan changing uniforms often and jumping head-first into temporary trends, but then whenever something is unveiled that looked like the last iteration, people are mad that they didn't reinvent the wheel. It looks like a Team Sweden jersey. I mean, if you grew up idolizing THIS:

1994-peter-forsberg-golden-goal.jpg

...wouldn't it mean more to you to put on something that at least vaguely resembles that?

I'm glad they didn't change it. I have one already and won't really need to buy new. Not like this one has 2 crowns on it or something.

The only thing bad is that the crowns are right on the boobs and belly button if you're a girl, and if you're round, the bottom stripe made it look like a smiley face.

Nike must have a contract with the IOC or IIHF vs. with National Olympic committees like Roots or The Bay have had with Canada in the past.

I guess it is similar to the NHL where the teams can't source their own supplier for uniforms, the league would want some level of "uniformity" when it comes to jerseys, etc.

Which is absolutely idiotic. Teams especially national teams should have the option to choose their own jersey manufacturer meaning Team Sweden has one from Sweden, USA from the US and Canada from Canada. The IOC and IIHF are just a bunch of know it all greedy wannabees - much like the NHL under Buttman. Designwise things in hockey went downhill after Reebook and Nike started buy Baur and CCM, glad they didn't buy Graf.

For the record, I hate the Reebok System. I don't care if they're lighter and more comfortable and all the same and whatever. Look at the Avs jerseys from the mid-90s and look at them now. The Evil Powers That Be said, "You know what, this stuff needs to be cheaper. Dirt cheap. But we're gonna charge the same for retail. Hahaha!"