• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Motown4013

Splitting up Hank and Pavs

Rate this topic

Guest Crymson

Maybe not Draper ;)

He did score 24 goals in that one season. Anyway, I'd take 2010 Draper over 2013 Cleary any day of the week.

Edited by Crymson

Hate this reference. 50 goals nowadays is way different than 50 goals back in the day. And considering different teams and line mates

That's the whole point of the reference; it's utterly meaningless.

My thoughts exactly.

Tatar - Datsyuk - Alfie

Nyquist - Mule - Z

esteef

No. Franzen at center is awful so if anything, Hank would be centering that line. It would be interesting to see, but for now I would rather see:

Zetterberg- Datsyuk- Alfie

Nyquist- Weiss- Tatar

Abby- Helm- Franzen

Bertuzzi-Anderson-Miller/Cleary

I think that these would be the best lines to try out once Helmer is back next week. IMO, I saw no offense pressure from any line until Pavs and Hank were put together in the 3rd last night... they need to stay together, along with Alfie because they generated many chances last night and have the potential to be the deadliest line in hockey.

The problem is figuring out a way to get everyone else going, and that is ultimately Babcock's just. So Holland has to figure out a way to allow Babs to play Nyqust, otherwise Babs can't do his job. From what I saw from Weiss last night is something that I have been saying all season. He excels at a north/south, fast skating style of hockey. He has not been able to do that playing with guys like Cleary and Franzen because they are too slow and lazy. I think putting Nyquist and Tatar on the 2nd line with Weiss would work out great. They are all speedy forwards, and all have the skill necessary. Nyquist and Tatar know each other well from Grand Rapids, and I think they would help form a 2nd line that would contribute to take some of the load off of 13, 40 and 11.

I think the 3rd line I have suggested makes sense, and it would allow Franzen to contribute some of his goals whenever he shows up, but the biggest thing is he won't be slowing down his linemates like he does on the 1st two lines.

Hate this reference. 50 goals nowadays is way different than 50 goals back in the day. And considering different teams and line mates

Sheesh, calm down. Its a LGW meme as old as Mickey Redmond's 'tache.

No. Franzen at center is awful so if anything, Hank would be centering that line. It would be interesting to see, but for now I would rather see:

There's not a lotta pride in this for me, so whatever. Actually, it's kinda funny, when I get really bored, I do line combinations. Depending on my mood, I might like esteef's idea or I might like yours (for the past week or so I've been favoring yours) or I might like something completely out of left field.

But, look, the bottom line is this: everyone has to step up. That's the only sure-fire global fix here. There's two, maybe three people driving the bus right now, and that's not the way it's supposed to work. It's not even a bus, more of a ship - like a boat, y'see? Whole big crew, every man does his part or nothing works. And what we're getting now is nothing is working, because people aren't doing their parts. I guess you could argue it's sorta circular, because, well, how do you get them doing their parts? You change up the lines! But I think at some point - like, now - you have to look at it a different way. Like, maybe these guys just need to be yelled at or have their video game privileges revoked. Or maybe Nyquist and Helm would be enough. Maybe this is all just cosmic and karmic and any and all change on Babs' part is futile.

Like I've said, if it were up to me, I'd try very, very, very, very hard to swing a big deal for a defenseman, preferably a puck-mover. The guys we're missing most right now are named Lidstrom and Rafalski.

Edited by Dabura

There's not a lotta pride in this for me, so whatever. Actually, it's kinda funny, when I get really bored, I do line combinations. Depending on my mood, I might like esteef's idea or I might like yours (for the past week or so I've been favoring yours) or I might like something completely out of left field.

But, look, the bottom line is this: everyone has to step up. That's the only sure-fire global fix here. There's two, maybe three people driving the bus right now, and that's not the way it's supposed to work. It's not even a bus, more of a ship - like a boat, y'see? Whole big crew, every man does his part or nothing works. And what we're getting now is nothing is working, because people aren't doing their parts. I guess you could argue it's sorta circular, because, well, how do you get them doing their parts? You change up the lines! But I think at some point - like, now - you have to look at it that way. Like, maybe these guys just need to be yelled at or have their video game privileges revoked. Or maybe Nyquist and Helm wa setiould be enough. Maybe this is all just cosmic and karmic and any and all change on Babs' part is futile.

Like I've said, if it were up to me, I'd try very, very, very, very hard to swing a big deal for a defenseman, preferably a puck-mover. The guys we're missing most right now are named Lidstrom and Rafalski.

the problem I see is other Gm's aren't dumb they know how desperate this team is for the next Lidstom personally I'd say whatever the asking price for a true 1 is give it a serious look ORR finally start the rebuild. I couldn't care less about extending the streak, I want a team that's fun to each and tough to play against!