• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 frankgrimes

frankgrimes

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,309 posts

Posted 26 October 2013 - 01:11 PM

Wow I really hate John T the coach, but off the ice he seems to be a totally different person. After watching this - warning really sad - I really hope all the Rangers and Canucks players are sending some jerseys to this guy, unbelievable what he to suffer from :(

http://m.youtube.com...h?v=Fb2aXLNnpNo

kftx.jpg

The Offseason of truth ...

Welcome to hockeytown Jonas aka Lundquist 2 Gustavsson!

blank cheque for The Captain or Jim Star Nil please..

<< Win it for Mr. Hockey !

#2 Krayzie_Bone

Krayzie_Bone

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 341 posts

Posted 26 October 2013 - 01:16 PM

Love Tortarella always have

#3 joshy207

joshy207

Black Ace

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,467 posts

Posted 26 October 2013 - 01:44 PM

It's really amazing how many NHL guys (players, former players, coaches, etc) do things like this.  Maybe not quite as much as Tortorella in this case, but it happens way more frequently than we hear about.  Most hockey guys are pretty grounded, they are generally good guys, even the ones you love to hate.

#4 frankgrimes

frankgrimes

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,309 posts

Posted 26 October 2013 - 03:03 PM

It's really amazing how many NHL guys (players, former players, coaches, etc) do things like this.  Maybe not quite as much as Tortorella in this case, but it happens way more frequently than we hear about.  Most hockey guys are pretty grounded, they are generally good guys, even the ones you love to hate.

So true I mean, the Sedins spent millions of $ helping out with building a hospital for kids in Vancouver, to me this just shows how hockey players, coaches are just the most down to earth and classy guys all around.

kftx.jpg

The Offseason of truth ...

Welcome to hockeytown Jonas aka Lundquist 2 Gustavsson!

blank cheque for The Captain or Jim Star Nil please..

<< Win it for Mr. Hockey !

#5 pucktividi

pucktividi

the usual suspect

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,332 posts

Posted 26 October 2013 - 03:19 PM

Another note.Hated Hartnell before watching that 24/7 editon, but realized he's actually a cool guy :lol:

#6 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 26 October 2013 - 03:30 PM

So true I mean, the Sedins spent millions of $ helping out with building a hospital for kids in Vancouver, to me this just shows how some hockey players, coaches are just the most down to earth and classy guys all around.

^I think this version is more accurate. There are many professional athletes from each league who are upstanding, generous individuals. There are, unfortunately, also many others who are very unpleasant people.

#7 Son of a Wing

Son of a Wing

London Lions Captain

• Gold Booster
  • 1,918 posts

Posted 26 October 2013 - 03:37 PM

To hate someone in "hockey life" as opposed to "real life" is vastly different. I've never liked Torterella as a coach(far too emotional) but have always had respect for him as a person.

If there's any attributes he personifies above all else its caring for others and being genuine.

^I think this version is more accurate. There are many professional athletes from each league who are upstanding, generous individuals. There are, unfortunately, also many others who are very unpleasant people.

Well if you're making millions of dollars each year and understand how taxes work it's quite silly for them not to give a large chunk to charity.

"The leader must never close the gap between himself and the group. If he does, he is no longer what he must be. He must walk a tightrope between the consent he must win and the control he must exert."
Vince Lombardi

When asked who won, Babcock said, “Well it doesn’t really matter as long as you don’t lose. It’s like going bear hunting, you take a slow guy with you in case the bear is hungry.”

#8 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,937 posts

Posted 26 October 2013 - 03:41 PM

One of my best friends had CP (RIP, Laurie) and it is a challenge.  There is nothing better than family and friends.  Good attitudes work wonders.

I like Torts as it is, but now I love him.

#9 Gordie Howe hat trick

Gordie Howe hat trick

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,052 posts

Posted 26 October 2013 - 11:42 PM

Torts has always been, and continues to be amazing in my book. Great on him.

"If a guy slashed me, I'd grab his stick, pull him up alongside me and elbow him in the head."

-Gordon "Gordie" Howe-

Overall 3 Gordie Howe hat trick 113 points
2011 playoff pick game

#10 number9

number9

All The Best Players Wear A 9

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,925 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 01:47 AM

Not trying to be an A hole, but I can't help but wonder what happened when Torts had to leave for Vancouver.

Anyway, go Torts. I love when players give away boxes to sick kids as well (Pretty sure Z does it).

#11 Chairman Maouth

Chairman Maouth

Canadian Insurgent

• Gold Booster
  • 922 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 12:27 AM

Not trying to be an A hole, but I can't help but wonder what happened when Torts had to leave for Vancouver.

I assume he went to the ticket desk, checked his bags and got on the plane.

It's better to be considered temporarily insane than permanently stupid.