• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

frankgrimes

John Tortorella's other side (wow)

Rate this topic

It's really amazing how many NHL guys (players, former players, coaches, etc) do things like this. Maybe not quite as much as Tortorella in this case, but it happens way more frequently than we hear about. Most hockey guys are pretty grounded, they are generally good guys, even the ones you love to hate.

It's really amazing how many NHL guys (players, former players, coaches, etc) do things like this. Maybe not quite as much as Tortorella in this case, but it happens way more frequently than we hear about. Most hockey guys are pretty grounded, they are generally good guys, even the ones you love to hate.

So true I mean, the Sedins spent millions of $ helping out with building a hospital for kids in Vancouver, to me this just shows how hockey players, coaches are just the most down to earth and classy guys all around.

Guest Crymson

So true I mean, the Sedins spent millions of $ helping out with building a hospital for kids in Vancouver, to me this just shows how some hockey players, coaches are just the most down to earth and classy guys all around.

^I think this version is more accurate. There are many professional athletes from each league who are upstanding, generous individuals. There are, unfortunately, also many others who are very unpleasant people.

To hate someone in "hockey life" as opposed to "real life" is vastly different. I've never liked Torterella as a coach(far too emotional) but have always had respect for him as a person.

If there's any attributes he personifies above all else its caring for others and being genuine.

^I think this version is more accurate. There are many professional athletes from each league who are upstanding, generous individuals. There are, unfortunately, also many others who are very unpleasant people.

Well if you're making millions of dollars each year and understand how taxes work it's quite silly for them not to give a large chunk to charity.

One of my best friends had CP (RIP, Laurie) and it is a challenge. There is nothing better than family and friends. Good attitudes work wonders.

I like Torts as it is, but now I love him.