• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

10/26 GDT Rangers 3 at Red Wings 2 (OT)

Rate this topic

does anyone think that Holland realizes he's made a large error in re-signing all these has beens to ridiculous deals ala Cleary, Bert, Sammy?

it saps the team of any youthful exuberance, speed, SCORING, etc.

I just wonder if he thinks he's done a good job the last few years

of course Alfie scores as I'm typing this lol

Edited by datterberg1340

does anyone think that Holland realizes he's made a large error in re-signing all these has beens to ridiculous deals ala Cleary, Bert, Sammy?

I think the Chicago series fooled Holland into believing the Red Wings are closer to championship contention than in actuality. So, instead of embracing the youth movement that got the Red Wings into that position during the playoffs, he continued to force veterans into the equation. I don't really have a problem with the Alfredsson move, but keeping Cleary was insanity when you have Nyquist around. Not to mention, the Samuelsson signing was a mistake all along and I don't think most of us needed hindsight to see that coming. The NHL thrives on speed now -- a huge reason why Brunner and Nyquist were so successful with Andersson on the third line in the playoffs. Now, the Wings have Abby and Cleary playing there tonight.

Edited by GoWings1905

That was a mess of a period. Wow. After a pretty decent 1st I didn't think this team would once again fall back into a coma and get dominated.

Better 3rd please?

He's probably thinking "what is it about Tatar that is dragging this team down and what veteran can I trade him for?".

Thruthfully I think he expected us to be as hit with injuries as we've been the last 2-3 years, counting on that to solve any logjam problems. We'll get injuries eventually and maybe then we'll be glad we have a deep roster, but Holland HAS to realize it's a crazy situation to have a team that is struggling this bad when Nyquist is stuck in the minors for no good reason.

Guest Crymson

That's the second time that Andersson has blown an assignment. He seems averse to using anything but his stick for disruption.