• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

10/26 GDT Rangers 3 at Red Wings 2 (OT)

Rate this topic

I think a big part of the Wings' scoring woes is they're having such a hard time getting out of their own zone. They don't seem to have set exit plays and the defensive corps is too inexperienced to just wing it all the time.

As a result the forwards are spending a lot of their shifts in their own end trying to retrieve pucks.

I think a big part of the Wings' scoring woes is they're having such a hard time getting out of their own zone. They don't seem to have set exit plays and the defensive corps is too inexperienced to just wing it all the time.

As a result the forwards are spending a lot of their shifts in their own end trying to retrieve pucks.

a lot of pucks are off the glass and out, which is fine but you sacrifice puck possession.

forwards have been allowing a lot of point shots and players to walk right in.

centers havent been taking their guy out of the play.

also not a good sign when your defense look afraid to get hit by a fore checker. forget who it was, wasnt dekeyser or kronwall but they looked awfully afraid to get hit.

i just cant wait for next year where we dont have bert cleary or sams on the team anymore and if we do holland needs to be let go

Edited by brett

This all day.

We are ungodly awful in our own zone. Slow, sloppy, stupid.

Howard was great this game - many highlight reel saves. But I still get the feeling that if it was a Red Wing breaking in and taking that same shot, with 12 seconds left, the goalie would have made the save 99 times out of 100!

I don't even want to talk about this. How did we get so badly out played by a depleted rags team? Smith was absolutely awful, just terrible. Quincey, just leave this team and your terrible contract in your rear view, get Cleary off this team asap and please for the love of god can someone score on an ahl goalie please?

This combined with an awful forecheck from 3 out of the 4 lines means that we are always in our zone...hence the insane amount of shots we give up game after game. Seems like all of our offensive chances are one and done.

Ill believe that if he makes it through warm-ups without tweaking the lady parts he has acquired the last 18 months.

Amen. This guy was known as a warrior and now he can't even skate a straight line without tweaking something. It's not poor helm anymore. If he got hit in the face with a puck and face planted like Kronwall he'd be out until his contract year

In all honesty Todd bertuzzi dan Cleary and smuelsson wouldn't be dressed to play for the sabres

Ken and Mick said he was being benched for misplaying the Rangers tying goal.

As some one who resides in St. Pete Fl and that has had a chance to watch Tampa Bay for the past 15 years, I recall a certain Stanley Cup winning coach here who pulled the same stunt, allow certain players to chronically play poorly but bench one guy, goalie or otherwise, and then he soon received his walking papers just to end up in NY and now Vancouver. Bert on the fourth line, seriously.

Really hurts losing to a depleted NYR squad.

I missed the game but judging by most comments on here. Ouch.

Buckle up folks could be a LONG season...

Cmon man..we are 11 games into a 82 game season..I've said it 10 times already this team is so incredibly similar to last year that we will finish anywhere from 3rd to out of the playoffs and we will need to go on a heater to get anywhere just like last year.

I agree..we aren't capable of the east west passing in our own end like we used to be so good at with Lids, Rafalski, and even Stuart who had a very good first pass out of his own end. Need more north south up the ice without all the BS dilly dallying. We are due for about a 5 game winning streak just to mess with everyones head around here lol.

Cmon man..we are 11 games into a 82 game season..I've said it 10 times already this team is so incredibly similar to last year that we will finish anywhere from 3rd to out of the playoffs and we will need to go on a heater to get anywhere just like last year.

I have not lost the faith man. Just saying disappointing tonight but could be worst right? Right? At least no one got killed or anything.

As much as you said how many times about where you expect us to finish at season's end. You might be right. Expectations though were/are high this year but that's always a given for our team. I disagree with you that this year's team is similar to last year's team. Mostly because of some new faces in Alfie, Weiss, DeKeyser (full time) and Tatar up now for good.

Something has to give...

Everything looks like an easy win BUT it's games like these that sometimes scare me cuz so often, we play piss poor against bottom feeder teams.

If we don't win tonight ... blow everything up, trade Franzen, Bert, Howie, Ericcson, Quincey ... :ninja:

This is exactly what I was talking about. Everyone was taking out their roosters and stroking it because they saw Rangers on our schedule. This is what pisses me off and signals that this team is nothing close to being in the top echelon of teams.

I was out tonight and when I saw the score on some sports channel, I almost threw up. Congratulations WIngs, we are one of two teams in the NHL that has lost to the bottom feeding Rangers. WTF is wrong with this team. They must be waiting till 10 games left to have to win every f'kn game just to make 8th spot again cuz points this early on in the season don't count in April, right boys?

I've rarely been this pissed off at the Wings :ranting::furious:

P.S. Don't nobody give me the "Calm down, it's only 12 games into the season BS!'

Edited by RedWingsRox

Good job 4th line bout it, to bad it will be broken up when our savior returns Patrick Eaves will solve everything! /sarcasm off

Truth be told though, Toots should play over eaves, I don't get why they don't use him on the pk seems like he could learn if they wanted him to.

If anything sit cleary for eaves its a pretty equal trade nothing gained or lost.

This team lacks character and identity, Hell id like to see some heart even, its disappointing as a fan when your team is down and they don't show any emotion.