• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Red Wings Addict

The most annoying things about being at games?

Rate this topic

Guest Playmaker

I live in Columbus and have family in Toledo so I have a chance to go to many CBJ games and a few DRW games a year. I don't know about you guys, but when I end up going to games its because I wanted to go and made a decision to go. I love hockey so I always enjoy myself and don't really care if the guy next to me is doing a crossword puzzle or some vapid businessman not there for hockey, I am going to have a good time because there is hockey being played. Hockey games aren't the only place I have ever been where people lack self-awarness, I don't know about you guys.

Shame on people for being so bitter about little things, and if I had good seats and an empty seat and someone wanted my extra I would most certainly give it up and not worry if my coat has a good seat. I can see getting upset if you have children and people around you are being belligerent but even than, you know you're going to a place where they serve alcohol. ENJOY THE GAME PEOPLE!!

With all due respect, its because of people like you that s*** doesn't change. Aw, golly gee Beav, we should just be happy we're at a hockey game! At the time I cancelled my season tickets, I was shelling out over 10k a year. For that, yes, I expect to be treated with some respect and get decent service.

With all due respect, its because of people like you that s*** doesn't change. Aw, golly gee Beav, we should just be happy we're at a hockey game! At the time I cancelled my season tickets, I was shelling out over 10k a year. For that, yes, I expect to be treated with some respect and get decent service.

So because I can't afford to be paying 10k a year I should be treated with less respect than you? And Ya stuff annoys me at wings games, but I'm for damn sure not going to let ignorant people stop me from enjoying the game, whether I'm upper bowl or lower bowl I go to watch and enjoy the game, if people make asses out of themselves I could care less, I still get to watch hockey.

If the worst part of going to a hockey game, is the people around you, then maybe it's YOU who shouldn't be attending games.The extreme lack of compassion for the uneducated mass of people is just about as bad as the fact that the mass of people are in a prescription pill alcohol induced zombie uneducated coma. You have a few options, become the President and reform education and healthcare so that everyone growing up isn't a complete zombie brain, watch the game from home, or get a damn suite.

Edited by CMatt89

Guest Playmaker

So because I can't afford to be paying 10k a year I should be treated with less respect than you? And Ya stuff annoys me at wings games, but I'm for damn sure not going to let ignorant people stop me from enjoying the game, whether I'm upper bowl or lower bowl I go to watch and enjoy the game, if people make asses out of themselves I could care less, I still get to watch hockey.

I didn't say that. I think ALL ticket holders should be treated like gold. For too many years, the Wings ownership took the fan base for granted. There were huge wait lists for season tickets and people would do anything to go to a game. They didn't care if fans had to wait an hour to go to the bathroom or couldn't move in the concourse or that their handicapped fans weren't accommodated. They can't do much about other obnoxious fans (although treating the arena staff like human beings might go a long way to help that), they could have invested much more to make the atmosphere more pleasant and actually make it seem like they appreciate the fans investing their time and money. In a few years, it'll be like the Palace and they'll have no one to blame but themselves.

If the worst part of going to a hockey game, is the people around you, then maybe it's YOU who shouldn't be attending games.The extreme lack of compassion for the uneducated mass of people is just about as bad as the fact that the mass of people are in a prescription pill alcohol induced zombie uneducated coma. You have a few options, become the President and reform education and healthcare so that everyone growing up isn't a complete zombie brain, watch the game from home, or get a damn suite.

lol wat?

The worst part about a Red Wings game is when the seller you bought your tickets from manages to sell the seats on both stubhub and ticketexchange so you spend the first period in the box office trying to sort it out.

That's what happened to my friends and I tonight. Obviously, that's not a regular occurrence but, I don't get to Wings games often and, I've never had a bad experience otherwise so it's the best I got.

Also, seeing Brendan Smith "play" defense was a pretty significant bummer.

How was this issue resolved? How much time was there between the purchase? I'm interested in the contractual implications; I want to bring this up to my professor. I'm pretty sure the seller was bound to sell to you and the other buyer. Edited by The Greek