• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Fonzarelli

Babcock's coaching

Rate this topic

Guest Crymson

What are you talking about? Goals scored has been droping.

2010/11 we were 2nd in the NHL

2011/12 we were 7th in the NHL

2012/12 we were 20th in the NHL

This season we are 23rd.

Worse every year for 4 years now. A strong negative slope (for you statistic majors).

You're right about those stats; NHL.com's numbers tricked out on me for whatever reason. That said, he's still very incorrect about goals being a problem over the past four seasons.

As for this particular season: it's not even 15% done yet. The Wings scored five goals in six games during a comparable span two seasons ago, and finished #6 overall in goals scored anyway. Relax.

It's not easy to keep the level of discipline when the players that are not playing good got promoted and those who play good got demoted.

I don't understand to what you refer.

You're right about those stats; NHL.com's numbers tricked out on me for whatever reason. That said, he's still very incorrect about goals being a problem over the past four seasons.

As for this particular season: it's not even 15% done yet. The Wings scored five goals in six games during a comparable span two seasons ago, and finished #6 overall in goals scored anyway. Relax.

The problem with your line of thinking is all those same players who were old then are still here and are even older now. fact is players to wear down. Just as none of us are the same at 35 that we were at 25, same is true with athletes. Players don't get better in their late 30's and we have far to many guys in that group.

I was reffering to the lines.Tatar and Adbdelkader play better than Cleary and Bert who'll get the top lines minutes next game.I mean what's the message he sends to the rest of the team? :scared:

I was reffering to the lines.Tatar and Adbdelkader play better than Cleary and Bert who'll get the top lines minutes next game.I mean what's the message he sends to the rest of the team? :scared:

Abby was on the top line for a large part of last season, including playoffs, and half of this season. Tatar has been playing in the top 6 for the past game or so (and unfortunately didn't produce, although I felt he played his best game this season).

Guest Crymson

The problem with your line of thinking is all those same players who were old then are still here and are even older now. fact is players to wear down. Just as none of us are the same at 35 that we were at 25, same is true with athletes. Players don't get better in their late 30's and we have far to many guys in that group.

You know, you're forgetting something that factors in rather hugely in this: between the 2011-2012 and 2013 seasons, the Red Wings lost the best defenseman of the past 25 years to retirement. The loss of such a colossus as Nick Lidstrom will naturally hurt offensive production.

As Echo has noted, Abdelkader has gotten plenty of top-six and power play time, and Tatar is getting his chance as well. I don't know why you say that Cleary will get top-line minutes anytime soon, given that he has thus far spent 6.1% of his time on the top-six, given that he has seen his power play time dwindle to absolutely none, and given that he has been playing by far the most dismal hockey of his career. He'll be fortunate to stay in the lineup at this rate; he certainly won't be seeing more minutes.

Bertuzzi will get top-six minutes because he has played well there thus far.