OUCH

Don't Toews me, bro!

#22 Richdg

Richdg

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,938 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 02:36 PM

Oh really? The Red Wings have placed 13th, 8th, 6th, and 7th in goals scored scoring over the past four seasons, respectively. Only the Sharks, Canucks, Blackhawks, and Capitals have done comparably well over that span.

Cleary, Samuelsson, and Bertuzzi (e, not u) will not be on the team next season. Franzen is lazy but talented, and puts up 50-60 points per season. He could do much better, but he is not a problem.

Weiss outperformed Filppula in every single season aside from the past two---and the last should not be taken into account, as he was injured throughout---and did so on a vastly inferior team. Filppula failed to substantially improve in his first five seasons, then had what was seemingly his breakout season before regressing to career-worst numbers in the next. The word "potential" can therefore hardly be applied.

It bears mention, too, that his numbers are currently very inflated.

What are you talking about? Goals scored has been droping.

2010/11 we were 2nd in the NHL

2011/12 we were 7th in the NHL

2012/12 we were 20th in the NHL

This season we are 23rd.

Worse every year for 4 years now. A strong negative slope (for you statistic majors).

#23 frankgrimes

frankgrimes

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,921 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 02:50 PM

Nice for him to admit some mistakes but in the end, he can only rank the available players given by his GM (Kenny).I am honestly starting to think Mike and Kenny aren't on the same page. Babcock wants to play a grind it out, puck-possession style while Holland seems to prefer a run and gun system. At the end of the day the players have to at least give a full effort every time they are outthere, yes mistakes are going to happen since they aren't robots but I think an honest hardworking lose is better for the moral than a lucky undeserved victory like Babock called "golden fool".

I mean, he can juggle the lines around as often as he wants but at some point it is his responsibility to walk up to Holland and tell him:,,Look the current roster can't execute my gameplan give me some upgrades" and then Holland has to deliver, period.

At the moment I think the DetroitRedWings struggles are a combination of a lot of things:

no youthline, not enough speed, coaching + GM mistakes, lack of compete/hardwork and some bad bounces

I didn't list injuries here, because every team has to deal with them so excuse here. Anyway, the year to really suck and get a BIG prize at the end of the season would be next year there's a guy named Connor McDavid :-)

kftx.jpg

The Offseason of truth ...

Welcome to hockeytown Jonas aka Lundquist 2 Gustavsson!

blank cheque for The Captain or Jim Star Nil please..

#24 BottleOfSmoke

BottleOfSmoke

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,013 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 02:58 PM

OUCH

Still <3 u boo

*turns on slow jam*

LGWsig_zpsa75c5d1e.jpg

#25 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,087 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 03:48 PM

https://twitter.com/...268147357294592

Babcock asked how he will handle the #canucks top line with Kesler in the mix: "we'll see who's handling who"

Mike Babcock is awesome.

Still <3 u boo

*turns on slow jam*

xoxo

Don't Toews me, bro!

#26 Ekmanc

Ekmanc

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 817 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 04:27 PM

Babcocky.. :P 

#27 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,087 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 04:46 PM

Not necessarily! I'd probably say the same thing, or something to the same effect - but I imagine it'd be out of indignation mostly.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#28 pucktividi

pucktividi

the usual suspect

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,330 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 06:11 PM

It's not easy to keep the level of discipline when the players that are not playing good got promoted and those who play good got demoted.

#29 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 07:37 PM

What are you talking about? Goals scored has been droping.

2010/11 we were 2nd in the NHL

2011/12 we were 7th in the NHL

2012/12 we were 20th in the NHL

This season we are 23rd.

Worse every year for 4 years now. A strong negative slope (for you statistic majors).

You're right about those stats; NHL.com's numbers tricked out on me for whatever reason. That said, he's still very incorrect about goals being a problem over the past four seasons.

As for this particular season: it's not even 15% done yet. The Wings scored five goals in six games during a comparable span two seasons ago, and finished #6 overall in goals scored anyway. Relax.

It's not easy to keep the level of discipline when the players that are not playing good got promoted and those who play good got demoted.

I don't understand to what you refer.

#30 Richdg

Richdg

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,938 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 08:36 PM

You're right about those stats; NHL.com's numbers tricked out on me for whatever reason. That said, he's still very incorrect about goals being a problem over the past four seasons.

As for this particular season: it's not even 15% done yet. The Wings scored five goals in six games during a comparable span two seasons ago, and finished #6 overall in goals scored anyway. Relax.

The problem with your line of thinking is all those same players who were old then are still here and are even older now. fact is players to wear down. Just as none of us are the same at 35 that we were at 25, same is true with athletes. Players don't get better in their late 30's and we have far to many guys in that group.

#31 pucktividi

pucktividi

the usual suspect

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,330 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 09:19 PM

I was reffering to the lines.Tatar and Adbdelkader play better than Cleary and Bert who'll get the top lines minutes next game.I mean what's the message he sends to the rest of the team? :scared:

#32 Echolalia

Echolalia

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,915 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 09:38 PM

I was reffering to the lines.Tatar and Adbdelkader play better than Cleary and Bert who'll get the top lines minutes next game.I mean what's the message he sends to the rest of the team? :scared:

Abby was on the top line for a large part of last season, including playoffs, and half of this season. Tatar has been playing in the top 6 for the past game or so (and unfortunately didn't produce, although I felt he played his best game this season).

#33 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 11:02 PM

The problem with your line of thinking is all those same players who were old then are still here and are even older now. fact is players to wear down. Just as none of us are the same at 35 that we were at 25, same is true with athletes. Players don't get better in their late 30's and we have far to many guys in that group.

You know, you're forgetting something that factors in rather hugely in this: between the 2011-2012 and 2013 seasons, the Red Wings lost the best defenseman of the past 25 years to retirement. The loss of such a colossus as Nick Lidstrom will naturally hurt offensive production.

As Echo has noted, Abdelkader has gotten plenty of top-six and power play time, and Tatar is getting his chance as well. I don't know why you say that Cleary will get top-line minutes anytime soon, given that he has thus far spent 6.1% of his time on the top-six, given that he has seen his power play time dwindle to absolutely none, and given that he has been playing by far the most dismal hockey of his career. He'll be fortunate to stay in the lineup at this rate; he certainly won't be seeing more minutes.

Bertuzzi will get top-six minutes because he has played well there thus far.