• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
krsmith17

What would you do?...

Rate this topic

Not a chance in hell. I really feel like a broken record regarding Sammy.

Why would he accept that? He's about to turn 37, probably in his last year. Which to accept....Contend for the cup... or......go to to a bottom feeder who's going for a lottery pick.....

It's not like he needs ice time to prove himself for another contract. No one will sign him after this year with his age and injury history. This is it for Sammy. He's not leaving his fellow Swedes and his last chance at a cup.

It's like semi retirement.

Edited by T.Low

Question: Is the cap stuck at 64.3mill again next season? I just ask because there seems to be no way to add a guy like Vanek/Gaborik (7.5-8mill) and trade/sign a Dman like Girardi (around 5 mill) from trying on cap geek without buying out Franzen, losing Alfie and promoting loads of youngsters.

Question: Is the cap stuck at 64.3mill again next season? I just ask because there seems to be no way to add a guy like Vanek/Gaborik (7.5-8mill) and trade/sign a Dman like Girardi (around 5 mill) from trying on cap geek without buying out Franzen, losing Alfie and promoting loads of youngsters.

Speculation is that it will go up, although nothing is final until the numbers are crunched.

just saw this....

Pierre LeBrunVerified account @Real_ESPNLeBrun 1h

Tallon: trying ``extremely hard'' to make a trade and will keep trying, hopes something will hit ``in the near future''

hey tallon, i know you want sammuelsson.. we'll even throw in cleary as a bonus! :w00t:

Mac T in Edmonton will be looking to do a deal. Rumor ive been hearing is that Yakupov might be on the table. To Edmonton Mule, Smith, Eaves, Monster To Detroit Yakupov + Smid.????

though I'd absolutely love for that to happen (and I'm sure Pav & Nail would too), those rumors are supposidly "100% not true"

“All these reports in the media about him being traded are absolutely 100% not true,” said Eakins, per the club’s Twitter account.

“He’s a young player and we’re not giving up on him.”

http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2013/11/06/oilers-coach-calls-yakupov-trade-rumors-100-not-true/

though I'd absolutely love for that to happen (and I'm sure Pav & Nail would too), those rumors are supposidly "100% not true"

http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2013/11/06/oilers-coach-calls-yakupov-trade-rumors-100-not-true/

Maybe but Edmonton is in bad need of a goalie. I would think Mac T would jump at this with Smith on the table

I guess that plan wont work. Smid just got traded to Calgary! Fack. Where were you on this one Kenny?

What the heck... for Brossoit and Horak??

I don't get it...they get another undersized forward and an OK goalie prospect while giving up one of their only solid defencemen...the one thing they need.

THE Plan would be:

1. Francine trade: At the worst case, trade him for Booth (reunited with Weiss... and still 1 year on his contract). Francine and twins sister's could be interesting for Canucks.

2. Quincey trade: Since his best days were in LA, I would send him, Eaves and a pick to Kings for Clifford.

3. Emmerton and a pick for Rundbland, I think that at this point his value is low... but he could be nice fit here with Either Kindl or DeKe. Provide us option for the 2nd PP unit.

4. Sammy: bye/bye

Z - Dats - Bert

Alf - Weiss - Tatar

Nyquist/Booth - Andersson - Abdelkader/Clifford

Clifford - Helm - Tootoo/Miller/Cleary

Kronwall - E

Kindl - Rundbland

DeKe - Smith

Almquist - Lashoff - Ouellet (as a 7th D)

Edited by Dominator2005

I'd trade Franzen. His contract is cap friendly and the guy has shown he can be a huge asset.....he just doesn't want to be.

Gus and Tatertots are going to be better players all around than Franzenfloat. I am so tired of watching this guy meander around the ice like he is on a Sunday stroll at a seniors home. Its BEYOND ridiculous. I see Bert hustle his ass around with a bad back. Gus in the minors is a complete waste, and Tatar saddled with Cleary the albatross IF he isn't a healthy scratch.... yet, there is 93, crawling back on a line change or standing in the same spot for 8 seconds of his shift. Imagine having that much talent and deciding not to use it?

He and Lash for Girardi and a late pick would do it for me.

I wouldn't trade Mule, just buy him out. Even if we trade him don't we still get tagged with a cap hit if he retires before the contract runs out?

THE Plan would be:

1. Francine trade: At the worst case, trade him for Booth (reunited with Weiss... and still 1 year on his contract). Francine and twins sister's could be interesting for Canucks.

2. Quincey trade: Since his best days were in LA, I would send him, Eaves and a pick to Kings for Clifford.

3. Emmerton and a pick for Rundbland, I think that at this point his value is low... but he could be nice fit here with Either Kindl or DeKe. Provide us option for the 2nd PP unit.

4. Sammy: bye/bye

Z - Dats - Bert

Alf - Weiss - Tatar

Nyquist/Booth - Andersson - Abdelkader/Clifford

Clifford - Helm - Tootoo/Miller/Cleary

Kronwall - E

Kindl - Rundbland

DeKe - Smith

Almquist - Lashoff - Ouellet (as a 7th D)

Trading Franzen to Vancouver and taking on Booth is terrible for us! Franzen will retire before his contract is up and we will take the brunt of the contract penalty (we can buy him out this offseason instead). Instead we take on 1 more year of booth at 4.25mill and he is more useless than franzen then years down the road we get stuck with franzen's cap penalty from retirement.

EDIT: I like the rundblad idea - but bags would destroy him (another offensive dman)

Edited by dirtydangles

THE PLAN

(Subject to change)

x

Trade for Claude Giroux (PHI)

x

Franzen + Nyquist + Tatar + 1st-round pick

x

Trade for Tomas Fleischmann (FLA)

x

Quincey + Andersson

x

Trade for Elias Lindholm (CAR)

x

Mrazek

x

Trade for Michal Rozsíval (CHI)

x

Eaves + 2nd-round pick

x

Make Samuelsson miserable

x

Bad vibes + veiled threats

x

Trade a miserable Samuelsson to EDM for a draft pick

Send Tootoo down to the farm

Convert Smith into a forward

If over the cap...get under it. I dunno

New and Improved Lineup

x

Todd Bertuzzi Henrik Zetterberg Claude Giroux

Brendan Smith Pavel Datsyuk Daniel Alfredsson

Tomas Fleischmann Stephen Weiss Justin Abdelkader

Elias Lindholm Darren Helm Daniel Cleary

(Miller, Glendening)

x

Niklas Kronwall Danny DeKeyser

Jonathan Ericsson Jakub Kindl

Brian Lashoff Adam Almqvist

Michal Rozsíval

x

Jimmy Howard

Jonas Gustavsson

:champs:

Edited by Dabura

Guest Playmaker

THE PLAN

(Subject to change)

x

Trade for Claude Giroux (PHI)

x

Franzen + Nyquist + Tatar + 1st-round pick

x

Trade for Tomas Fleischmann (FLA)

x

Quincey + Andersson

x

Trade for Elias Lindholm (CAR)

x

Mrazek

x

Trade for Michal Rozsíval (CHI)

x

Eaves + 2nd-round pick

x

Make Samuelsson miserable

x

Bad vibes + veiled threats

x

Trade a miserable Samuelsson to EDM for a draft pick

Send Tootoo down to the farm

Convert Smith into a forward

If over the cap...get under it. I dunno

New and Improved Lineup

x

Todd Bertuzzi Henrik Zetterberg Claude Giroux

Brendan Smith Pavel Datsyuk Daniel Alfredsson

Tomas Fleischmann Stephen Weiss Justin Abdelkader

Elias Lindholm Darren Helm Daniel Cleary

(Miller, Glendening)

x

Niklas Kronwall Danny DeKeyser

Jonathan Ericsson Jakub Kindl

Brian Lashoff Adam Almqvist

Michal Rozsíval

x

Jimmy Howard

Jonas Gustavsson

:champs:

I thought this was going to be a realistic plan.

First off - "The Plan" is so unrealistic (sorry if it was a joke). Only realistic trades are the Chicago and FLA ones. Flyers aren't doing that trade regardless of the value. Giroux is not much older than Nyquist and already PPG. Also Why the hell would we convert smith and make him a top 6 forward? Why would we get a player like Lindholm and put him on the 4th line? Mrazek won't get that trade done either.

I honestly think our entire issue would be solved if we had another high quality hard working top 6 winger to play on the second line with Weiss and Alfie. Franzen isn't that guy. Nyquist could be. Or we could trade for someone. We just don't have enough high quality top 6 players in our top 6.

I honestly think our entire issue would be solved if we had another high quality hard working top 6 winger to play on the second line with Weiss and Alfie. Franzen isn't that guy. Nyquist could be. Or we could trade for someone. We just don't have enough high quality top 6 players in our top 6.

Agreed. He COULD be...but no.

I do think we need a top Puck moving Dman to really put us into serious contention.

Was it Talon who recently said "Our better players need to be better or we'll get better players" ?

Edited by T.Low