• Please log in to reply
141 replies to this topic

#21 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 21,065 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 07:14 PM

Commit harakiri from being stupid enough to riddle a roster with Cleary, Samuelsson and Bertuzzi.  

According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#22 Motown4013

Motown4013

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,073 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 07:33 PM

I'd trade Franzen. His contract is cap friendly and the guy has shown he can be a huge asset.....he just doesn't want to be.
Gus and Tatertots are going to be better players all around than Franzenfloat. I am so tired of watching this guy meander around the ice like he is on a Sunday stroll at a seniors home. Its BEYOND ridiculous. I see Bert hustle his ass around with a bad back. Gus in the minors is a complete waste, and Tatar saddled with Cleary the albatross IF he isn't a healthy scratch.... yet, there is 93, crawling back on a line change or standing in the same spot for 8 seconds of his shift. Imagine having that much talent and deciding not to use it?
He and Lash for Girardi and a late pick would do it for me.
Raising another Red Wings Fan!

The future looks bright in Hockeytown!
GUSTAV SNIPEQUIST!

#23 joshy207

joshy207

Black Ace

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,469 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 09:34 PM

You can now.  That was added to the last CBA.  I'm not sure exactly how it works, and whether it's just cap space or salary as well, but the trading-away team can maintain part of a player's contract.  Capgeek.com can probably explain it...

#24 frankgrimes

frankgrimes

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,395 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 09:56 PM

I would send the dead weight to the AHL = save salary and then try to make a play for Ehrhoff because it seems Buffalo is trying to get rid off every veteran left.

kftx.jpg

The Offseason of truth ...

Welcome to hockeytown Jonas aka Lundquist 2 Gustavsson!

blank cheque for The Captain or Jim Star Nil please..

<< Win it for Mr. Hockey !

#25 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,942 posts

Posted 31 October 2013 - 06:39 AM

I would build a sophisticated robot with the speed, strength, size, and cognitive subroutines necessary to perform superlatively on the ice. It would dominate the opposition and never tire.

That's what I would do.

They already did, but he went back to Sweden.

Maybe you could invent a Nick 2.0.

Wait just a little bit more until Buffalo has traded away a few more forwards, then send JGus, Sammy (waive it and we'll slip you a couple million on the side- just don't tell anyone), Andersson, and Smith for Ryan Miller.

JGus and Miller are pretty even as far as I'm concerned.  Miller has been in a down-turn, but look at what he's been playing behind.  JGus has been revitalized and be convinced to put on a show as a starter to build his value for a contract anywhere else next summer.  Andersson and Smith cancel out Sammy.  Throw in a draft pick if we must.

Now our roster is down by three players and we can bring up Nyquist and keep the rest of our wonderful Wings.

#26 T.Low

T.Low

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,065 posts

Posted 31 October 2013 - 12:30 PM

Not a chance in hell. I really feel like a broken record regarding Sammy.

Why would he accept that? He's about to turn 37, probably in his last year. Which to accept....Contend for the cup... or......go to to a bottom feeder who's going for a lottery pick.....

It's not like he needs ice time to prove himself for another contract. No one will sign him after this year with his age and injury history. This is it for Sammy. He's not leaving his fellow Swedes and his last chance at a cup.

It's like semi retirement.

Edited by T.Low, 31 October 2013 - 12:30 PM.

#27 dirtydangles

dirtydangles

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,024 posts

Posted 31 October 2013 - 09:08 PM

Question: Is the cap stuck at 64.3mill again next season? I just ask because there seems to be no way to add a guy like Vanek/Gaborik (7.5-8mill) and trade/sign a Dman like Girardi (around 5 mill) from trying on cap geek without buying out Franzen, losing Alfie and promoting loads of youngsters. 

Is there a kickstarter campaign for Jakub Kindl to never play another NHL game?

#28 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,942 posts

Posted 01 November 2013 - 01:37 AM

Question: Is the cap stuck at 64.3mill again next season? I just ask because there seems to be no way to add a guy like Vanek/Gaborik (7.5-8mill) and trade/sign a Dman like Girardi (around 5 mill) from trying on cap geek without buying out Franzen, losing Alfie and promoting loads of youngsters. 

Speculation is that it will go up, although nothing is final until the numbers are crunched.

#29 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,199 posts

Posted 01 November 2013 - 04:47 PM

I might start by taking a chance on Keaton Ellerby.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#30 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,199 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 11:24 AM

Friends, I have a delicious plan. I am calling it...THE PLAN.

I shall be unleashing it upon you soon.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#31 amato

amato

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,680 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 11:42 AM

just saw this....

Pierre LeBrunVerified account @Real_ESPNLeBrun 1h

Tallon: trying ``extremely hard'' to make a trade and will keep trying, hopes something will hit ``in the near future''

hey tallon, i know you want sammuelsson.. we'll even throw in cleary as a bonus! :w00t:

Datsyukian

Dat·syu·ki·an [dat-soo-kee-uh n]

adjective

1. When your moves are so amazing and beyond reason, the only way to describe them is "datsyukian."

#32 Red Crazy

Red Crazy

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 639 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 11:52 AM

Mac T in Edmonton will be looking to do a deal. Rumor ive been hearing is that Yakupov might be on the table. To Edmonton Mule, Smith, Eaves, Monster To Detroit Yakupov + Smid.????

#33 amato

amato

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,680 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 12:05 PM

Mac T in Edmonton will be looking to do a deal. Rumor ive been hearing is that Yakupov might be on the table. To Edmonton Mule, Smith, Eaves, Monster To Detroit Yakupov + Smid.????

though I'd absolutely love for that to happen (and I'm sure Pav & Nail would too), those rumors are supposidly "100% not true"

“All these reports in the media about him being traded are absolutely 100% not true,” said Eakins, per the club’s Twitter account.

“He’s a young player and we’re not giving up on him.”

http://prohockeytalk...s-100-not-true/

Datsyukian

Dat·syu·ki·an [dat-soo-kee-uh n]

adjective

1. When your moves are so amazing and beyond reason, the only way to describe them is "datsyukian."

#34 Red Crazy

Red Crazy

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 639 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 12:13 PM

though I'd absolutely love for that to happen (and I'm sure Pav & Nail would too), those rumors are supposidly "100% not true"

http://prohockeytalk...s-100-not-true/

Maybe but Edmonton is in bad need of a goalie. I would think Mac T would jump at this with Smith on the table

#35 Red Crazy

Red Crazy

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 639 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 06:50 PM

I guess that plan wont work. Smid just got traded to Calgary! Fack. Where were you on this one Kenny?

#36 Son of a Wing

Son of a Wing

London Lions Captain

• Gold Booster
  • 1,945 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 06:59 PM

I guess that plan wont work. Smid just got traded to Calgary! Fack. Where were you on this one Kenny?

What the heck...  for Brossoit and Horak??

I don't get it...they get another undersized forward and an OK goalie prospect while giving up one of their only solid defencemen...the one thing they need.

"The leader must never close the gap between himself and the group. If he does, he is no longer what he must be. He must walk a tightrope between the consent he must win and the control he must exert."
Vince Lombardi

When asked who won, Babcock said, “Well it doesn’t really matter as long as you don’t lose. It’s like going bear hunting, you take a slow guy with you in case the bear is hungry.”

#37 Dominator2005

Dominator2005

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,293 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 08:34 PM

THE Plan would be:

1. Francine trade: At the worst case, trade him for Booth (reunited with Weiss... and still 1 year on his contract). Francine and twins sister's could be interesting for Canucks.

2. Quincey trade: Since his best days were in LA, I would send him, Eaves and a pick to Kings for Clifford.

3. Emmerton and a pick for Rundbland, I think that at this point his value is low... but he could be nice fit here with Either Kindl or DeKe. Provide us option for the 2nd PP unit.

4. Sammy: bye/bye

Z - Dats - Bert

Alf - Weiss - Tatar

Nyquist/Booth - Andersson - Abdelkader/Clifford

Clifford - Helm - Tootoo/Miller/Cleary

Kronwall - E

Kindl - Rundbland

DeKe - Smith

Almquist - Lashoff - Ouellet (as a 7th D)

Edited by Dominator2005, 08 November 2013 - 08:35 PM.

"Some guys dream about scoring goals, or making big saves... I swear to God I dream about kicking ass in a hockey fight - no other way to say it than I love to do it, its who I am"... Brian McGrattan

#38 Dominator2005

Dominator2005

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,293 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 08:45 PM

Anything around Francine for Simmonds?
"Some guys dream about scoring goals, or making big saves... I swear to God I dream about kicking ass in a hockey fight - no other way to say it than I love to do it, its who I am"... Brian McGrattan

#39 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 17,298 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 09:05 PM

Anything around Francine for Simmonds?

"Francine" is about as clever as "Osbad."

As crazy as Philly is, I don't know why they'd give up a young power forward like Simmonds for someone like Franzen. 

#40 dragonballgtz

dragonballgtz

Yu-Gi-HOE

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,488 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 09:22 PM

I'd trade Franzen. His contract is cap friendly and the guy has shown he can be a huge asset.....he just doesn't want to be.
Gus and Tatertots are going to be better players all around than Franzenfloat. I am so tired of watching this guy meander around the ice like he is on a Sunday stroll at a seniors home. Its BEYOND ridiculous. I see Bert hustle his ass around with a bad back. Gus in the minors is a complete waste, and Tatar saddled with Cleary the albatross IF he isn't a healthy scratch.... yet, there is 93, crawling back on a line change or standing in the same spot for 8 seconds of his shift. Imagine having that much talent and deciding not to use it?
He and Lash for Girardi and a late pick would do it for me.

I wouldn't trade Mule, just buy him out. Even if we trade him don't we still get tagged with a cap hit if he retires before the contract runs out?