• Please log in to reply
141 replies to this topic

#61 amato

amato

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,649 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 07:31 AM

it would be sweet to have dats and yak together - but we just don't have the pieces to get a former no1 overall

Agreed, we don't.. or at least aren't willing to give up what it might take. I just like the idea of bigger name players potentially being on the move. And I do like the oilers :x

Datsyukian

Dat·syu·ki·an [dat-soo-kee-uh n]

adjective

1. When your moves are so amazing and beyond reason, the only way to describe them is "datsyukian."

#62 Playmaker

Playmaker

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,241 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 08:35 AM

there was talk on page two about yakupov and apparently his agent is going to meet with the oilers and talk about how they've been using yakupov.... said he's open to moving him, to any team.

also, his agent happens to be igor larionov.. i thought that was interesting.

http://prohockeytalk...edmonton-brass/

That's all well and good, but who is Edmonton going to take?  We have no roster or cap space.  Cleary, Sammy, Gustavsson and Bert all have a NTC.  So who would the Wings trade that Edmonton would realistically want or take?

#63 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,904 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 09:38 AM

That's all well and good, but who is Edmonton going to take?  We have no roster or cap space.  Cleary, Sammy, Gustavsson and Bert all have a NTC.  So who would the Wings trade that Edmonton would realistically want or take?

They need defense and veteran leadership. Smith, Quincey and Sammy, one can dream :)

#64 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,608 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 09:47 AM

Assuming we don't re-sign anyone but Ericsson, this team has some really good opportunities next year.

We will have two top six spots open, unless Babcock puts Abdelkader back up there, and a top 4 defenseman slot. Perfect opportunity to address weaknesses.
Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#65 amato

amato

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,649 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 09:56 AM

I never said the wings could pull off a trade for him.. just throwing him potentially being on the move out there.

If only we could have bought out Sammy.. then mayyybe there's a slight chance. Though I'd still don't it.

As it were now, it'd take Sammy allowing a trade there and probably xo, mraz, picks in addition to Sammy. And even then it might be a long shot..

Datsyukian

Dat·syu·ki·an [dat-soo-kee-uh n]

adjective

1. When your moves are so amazing and beyond reason, the only way to describe them is "datsyukian."

#66 Playmaker

Playmaker

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,241 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 12:15 PM

Assuming we don't re-sign anyone but Ericsson, this team has some really good opportunities next year.

We will have two top six spots open, unless Babcock puts Abdelkader back up there, and a top 4 defenseman slot. Perfect opportunity to address weaknesses.

We had this same opportunity in 2012.  Lots of cap and roster space.  I'd like to think they'll do something productive and address needs with younger players, but that's never been Holland's MO.

#67 rick zombo

rick zombo

Grit

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,280 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 12:35 PM

Ericsson and Dekeyser. Probably looking at a combined 6 or 7M. Worth every penny IMO.

"In Detroit, every day is a good day to win"

#68 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,608 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 08:55 AM

Yeah, I forgot DeKeyser. I'd like to see a defensive lineup of:

Kronwall-Ericsson
DeKeyser-New Guy
Kindl-Almquist/Smith/Lashoff

I don't care so Much about "getting younger.". Anyone between 27 and 32 is fine with me for an offensive defenseman. Prime years.
Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#69 dirtydangles

dirtydangles

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,950 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 12:27 PM

Saw some speculation that Gaborik might not re-sign in columbus. I wouldn't mind him in detroit. What do you guys think? At the deadline we could offer up 1st+Mid Prospect + cap dump  then try to re-sign him at a decent price.

Is there a kickstarter campaign for Jakub Kindl to never play another NHL game?

#70 rick zombo

rick zombo

Grit

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,280 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 12:59 PM

Yeah, I forgot DeKeyser. I'd like to see a defensive lineup of:

Kronwall-Ericsson
DeKeyser-New Guy
Kindl-Almquist/Smith/Lashoff

I don't care so Much about "getting younger.". Anyone between 27 and 32 is fine with me for an offensive defenseman. Prime years.

You won't get a good offensive D-man through UFA between the ages of 27 - 32.

As much as I hate "getting older", I'd look at bringing in Dan Boyle if he's healthy. He's 37, but on a two year deal he would be a nice stop-gap guy until Sproul or someone else is ready.

Kronwall - Ericsson

Boyle - Dekeyser

Kindl - Lashoff

That would be a relatively mistake-free D, with more offense then we're seeing this year.

#71 Nyquistfan14

Nyquistfan14

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,148 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 12:18 PM

You won't get a good offensive D-man through UFA between the ages of 27 - 32.

As much as I hate "getting older", I'd look at bringing in Dan Boyle if he's healthy. He's 37, but on a two year deal he would be a nice stop-gap guy until Sproul or someone else is ready.

Kronwall - Ericsson
Boyle - Dekeyser
Kindl - Lashoff

That would be a relatively mistake-free D, with more offense then we're seeing this year.

I would definitely be on board for Dan Boyle. He would immediately help our puck movement and powerplay

#72 TheUkrainian

TheUkrainian

The Ukrainian One

• PipPip
  • 453 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 12:20 PM

FWIW:
1450188_10152770506137699_37246919_n.jpg

Wish List: Stanley Cup!
100% pure Ukranian

#73 BadgerBob

BadgerBob

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 332 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 12:22 PM

FWIW:

If this is true, Holland has no way of redeeming himself in my book. Sacrifices our young talent just so he can keep his dusty old fart buddies on our team.

#74 TheUkrainian

TheUkrainian

The Ukrainian One

• PipPip
  • 453 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 12:24 PM

Yup. He s*** the bed with Cleary and Samuelsson IMO. 

100% pure Ukranian

#75 rick zombo

rick zombo

Grit

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,280 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 12:33 PM

FWIW:

Hoax. Fake. Photoshpped. Whatever.

If you go to Dreger's Twitter feed, this isn't showing up as being posted on Nov 14.

I hope, for your sake, that this isn't your handywork. This s*** can get you banned from LGWs.

Edited by rick zombo, 15 November 2013 - 12:34 PM.

#76 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 17,139 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 12:35 PM

If this is true, Holland has no way of redeeming himself in my book. Sacrifices our young talent just so he can keep his dusty old fart buddies on our team.

It's not true.

FWIW:

Don't post false/misleading tweets.  It's pretty easy to go check Dreger's Twitter account. 

And posting it by screen capture makes it look awfully suspicious you did it yourself.

It's not true.

Hoax. Fake. Photoshpped. Whatever.

If you go to Dregar's Twitter feed, this isn't showing up.

I hope, for your sake, that this isn't your handywork. This s*** can get you banned from LGWs.

This.

We don't need people trolling threads with posts like that.  As I said, it's very simple to check Dreger's verified Twitter account.

Future trolling posts like this will result in suspension or permaban.

#77 TheUkrainian

TheUkrainian

The Ukrainian One

• PipPip
  • 453 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 12:38 PM

It was from a Wings Facebook page. I don't have a twitter account, so I copied the image link. Never said if it was true or not...

100% pure Ukranian

#78 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 17,139 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 12:44 PM

It was from a Wings Facebook page. I don't have a twitter account, so I copied the image link. Never said if it was true or not...

That doesn't absolve you from responsibility. 

If you're going to post what looks like a tweet from Dreger's account that certainly looks true, it's still your responsibility to determine that it is before you post it.  It would've taken 30 seconds to verify this tweet.

#79 TheUkrainian

TheUkrainian

The Ukrainian One

• PipPip
  • 453 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 12:56 PM

What if it was deleted..?

100% pure Ukranian

#80 bogeygolfer

bogeygolfer

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 810 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 01:04 PM

you cant circumvent the cap by giving away draft picks to have teams take your crappy players