• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
krsmith17

What would you do?...

Rate this topic

If this is true, Holland has no way of redeeming himself in my book. Sacrifices our young talent just so he can keep his dusty old fart buddies on our team.

It's not true.

FWIW:

1450188_10152770506137699_37246919_n.jpg

Don't post false/misleading tweets. It's pretty easy to go check Dreger's Twitter account.

And posting it by screen capture makes it look awfully suspicious you did it yourself.

If this is true, Holland has no way of redeeming himself in my book. Sacrifices our young talent just so he can keep his dusty old fart buddies on our team.

It's not true.

Hoax. Fake. Photoshpped. Whatever.

If you go to Dregar's Twitter feed, this isn't showing up.

I hope, for your sake, that this isn't your handywork. This s*** can get you banned from LGWs.

This.

We don't need people trolling threads with posts like that. As I said, it's very simple to check Dreger's verified Twitter account.

Future trolling posts like this will result in suspension or permaban.

It was from a Wings Facebook page. I don't have a twitter account, so I copied the image link. Never said if it was true or not...

That doesn't absolve you from responsibility.

If you're going to post what looks like a tweet from Dreger's account that certainly looks true, it's still your responsibility to determine that it is before you post it. It would've taken 30 seconds to verify this tweet.

Guest Playmaker

19 of the 30 NHL teams are at or within a million dollars of the cap. It's so easy just to say "make a trade", but not so easy to do in the salary cap era. We've put 3 players on waivers and no one wants them. That's kind of saying a lot.

19 of the 30 NHL teams are at or within a million dollars of the cap. It's so easy just to say "make a trade", but not so easy to do in the salary cap era. We've put 3 players on waivers and no one wants them. That's kind of saying a lot.

I think part of that (most of) has to do with the fact that the salary cap went down, so all these teams that were sitting pretty with cap space no longer are.

The only players whose contracts expire next year are: Samuelsson, Bertuzzi, Cleary, Alfredsson, Quincey, Ericsson, Gustavsson and Eaves. The RFAs who will need to be locked up will be DeKeyser and Tatar.

With our glut of forwards, the only one I think Holland will even offer to re-sign will be Alfredsson and Bertuzzi. Maybe not even Bertuzzi. Realistically, Alfredsson may not be back. On defense, only Ericsson has earned a new contract, Gustavsson may be brought back, but he won't get a raise, at least not substantial. Eaves will be gone as well. That's 16.8 million freed up (even considering Alfredsson's deferred bonus).

16.8 plus the cap going up to the high 60 million runs us around 22-23 million.

We will need to sign or re-sign a backup goalie and Ericsson, but beyond that we don't NEED to fill any positions. I'd still like to upgrade a few, but we'll have enough to ice a team.

Ericsson will take 5 million hopefully. Gustavsson, or whoever is our backup, will make between 1 and 2 million. That leaves us with 15 million to play with, give or take a few million. That's two really good players. If any such players will be entering the free agent market this summer.

The only players whose contracts expire next year are: Samuelsson, Bertuzzi, Cleary, Alfredsson, Quincey, Ericsson, Gustavsson and Eaves. The RFAs who will need to be locked up will be DeKeyser and Tatar.

With our glut of forwards, the only one I think Holland will even offer to re-sign will be Alfredsson and Bertuzzi. Maybe not even Bertuzzi. Realistically, Alfredsson may not be back. On defense, only Ericsson has earned a new contract, Gustavsson may be brought back, but he won't get a raise, at least not substantial. Eaves will be gone as well. That's 16.8 million freed up (even considering Alfredsson's deferred bonus).

We will need to sign or re-sign a backup goalie and Ericsson, but beyond that we don't NEED to fill any positions. I'd still like to upgrade a few, but we'll have enough to ice a team.

Ericsson will take 5 million hopefully. Gustavsson, or whoever is our backup, will make between 1 and 2 million. That leaves us with 15 million to play with, give or take a few million. That's two really good players. If any such players will be entering the free agent market this summer.

I'd think Ericsson won't make any more than Kronwall. Furthermore, I do see Alfie returning. We can't afford to pay more than 1mill for a backup with Howard making so much (it doesn't make any sense). So even if the cap doesn't go up I think we can probably have around 7mill for a Vanek/Gaborik.

Guest Playmaker

Hey, awesome, we will have lots of cap space and Suter and Parise are UFAs! We're set!

I'd think Ericsson won't make any more than Kronwall. Furthermore, I do see Alfie returning. We can't afford to pay more than 1mill for a backup with Howard making so much (it doesn't make any sense). So even if the cap doesn't go up I think we can probably have around 7mill for a Vanek/Gaborik.

Well technically speaking Kronwall makes 6 mil in salary right now. The only reason the cap hit is less is because it goes till he's 38 and is a backdiving contract.

Unless Ericsson signs a similar deal that lasts until around the same age, it will have a higher cap hit in the 5 mil range. And yes he is worth that.

What would I do...??? Hmmmm....

"There is no store"... There is no store??? No? Store?? Really? Ever heard of the GRAND RAPIDS GRIFFINS!??? They've got forwards, they've got d-men and they have goalies, they even have coaches! You want overripe prospects? They've got 'em! You want offensive d-men? They have those too!

What would I do..

But hey, super smart move getting Cleary back! Waive all the other guys but keep his lame ass. I am STILL scratching my head about that one. I thought this guy was some kind of genius or something....

What would I do...??? Hmmmm....

"There is no store"... There is no store??? No? Store?? Really? Ever heard of the GRAND RAPIDS GRIFFINS!??? They've got forwards, they've got d-men and they have goalies, they even have coaches! You want overripe prospects? They've got 'em! You want offensive d-men? They have those too!

What would I do..

Just out of innocent curiosity what kind of alcohol concoction did you have tonight? I might want to try something after tonight's mess.

Edited by Red Wings Addict

i'm just going to say it. It's highly unlikely anything will happen via trade that will impact this team enough by itself to put us over the top due to the salary cap. If the players we have don't start playing better we are not destined for the cup final and sadly we should realize no major change will happen till the off season when the cap hopefully goes up and we shed some contracts.

It's that simple, but keep dreaming. Gives us something to do.

Amongst the dmen, I'm honestly not sure if the secondary players can play any better this year (Quincey, Smith, Lashoff, Kindl). It's just an off to barely average at most type of year for those guys.

:no:

And then what also sucks is that they don't even have anyone in GR who can do better. It just is what it is.

Edited by Red Wings Addict

i'm just going to say it. It's highly unlikely anything will happen via trade that will impact this team enough by itself to put us over the top due to the salary cap. If the players we have don't start playing better we are not destined for the cup final and sadly we should realize no major change will happen till the off season when the cap hopefully goes up and we shed some contracts.

It's that simple, but keep dreaming. Gives us something to do.

I'd say play the season out, for better or worse...and then in the off-season cut ties with Clearly, Alfie, Berti *g* and hope that the Mule improves or buy him out the goal should be to create as much cap space as possible, figuring out the next core and then go into the offseason prepared to make a big splash (I'm talking Dion Phaneuf/Thomas Vanek like)

Edited by frankgrimes

When the trade deadline hits, Holland will realize how mediocre we are and use that as an excuse not to acquire anyone. "We're not one player away from the Cup and so I've decided we will ride it out and give our kids good experience."

When the trade deadline hits, Holland will realize how mediocre we are and use that as an excuse not to acquire anyone. "We're not one player away from the Cup and so I've decided we will ride it out and give our kids good experience."

wouldn't be surprised at all. i stopped expecting anything to happen at the trade deadline.. even if we are good i'm sure the price won't be right or we'll like our team.

I would build a sophisticated robot with the speed, strength, size, and cognitive subroutines necessary to perform superlatively on the ice. It would dominate the opposition and never tire.

That's what I would do.

But Holland would have it's fighting subroutine deleted I'm afraid.